New Monk changes.

100 Blood Elf Monk
Chi Brew now has spec specific tooltips and grants 3 Brew or Tea for your spec.

Healing Elixirs now also heals the next time a damaging attack brings you below 35% of your maximum health.

Power Strikes now also allows your next Spinning Crane Kick, Expel Harm, or Keg Smash to generate 1 Chi.

It looks like Blizzard is running passes on our talents.
Also not noted, the tooltip of healing elixers states that it only heals you if your damaged.
All they need now is to lower the CD of Chi brew to 1m and it might be worth taking it over ascension. 3 TeB really isn't enough.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I notice they make these particular talents to be very BrM friendly.

They benefit any spec, really. I doubt HE will get taken over DH for raid tanking, even with these changes.

I agree that chi brew still needs more of a buff. Maybe 5 stacks on a 1 minutes cooldown, too much?
Reply Quote
I don't like the healing elixirs change.

It takes control away from me. And that talent already was hard to control.

The talent itself also doesn't make a lot of sense, since the idea is that you kind of always have a healing potion at the ready, so it's an active ability. Now it just magically happens when your health reaches a certain point? What if I used Tigereye Brew early to get some burst out but I'm at full health? Do I just have to sacrifice a heal each time I use energizing brew, whether I need it or not?
Edited by Mordicaye on 6/20/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

The talent itself also doesn't make a lot of sense, since the idea is that you kind of always have a healing potion at the ready, so it's an active ability. Now it just magically happens when your health reaches a certain point? What if I used Tigereye Brew early to get some burst out but I'm at full health? Do I just have to sacrifice a heal each time I use energizing brew, whether I need it or not?

As stated in the first post, it will only heal you if you're damaged. I don't know about you, but I would want a passive heal to automatically trigger in emergency situations (i.e. 35% health).

I think you're also forgetting that this is a passive talent. If you really wanted that much control, you have two other great talents in the same tier to choose from.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
As stated in the first post, it will only heal you if you're damaged. I don't know about you, but I would want a passive heal to automatically trigger in emergency situations (i.e. 35% health).

This change seems geared towards BrM for fights where DH/DM aren't as effective. I suppose if they introduce heavy hitting boss mechanics that can't be reduced by the other two talents or for massive add fights where individual hits wouldn't proc DH stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

The talent still has it's current functionality. The extra proc below 35% is in addition to the current on use of tea/brew function.

"Healing Elixirs heals you for 15% of your total health the next time a damaging attack brings you below 35% of your maximum health, or you drink a Brew or Tea while injured."
Edited by Mymer on 6/20/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Was discussing this with a friend;

DH and DM will likely still be the primary choices for BrM monks. If anything, the HE choice MIGHT see more use in a soloing manner and by the other two monk specs as the default choice for fights without heavy magic damage (ie. Tortos as a Windwalker)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For mistweavers specifically, this is meaningless. All this will do is make people pick chi brew more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]