Got my Rdruid to 90...

90 Tauren Druid
Hurray! right? but... I'm not feelin it anymore...

I usually run nothing but LFR as a healer que. I feel as tho i usually do pretty well, only the occasional death when the tank or dps get a little overzealous....

But for some reason, I decided I was going to que up as a DPS... i do a few LFR's in this role, and I notice something; I suck at healing.

I say this because the runs are seemingly much shorter. The tank and dps have full health bars. There's no deaths at all. etc... When i'm healer, it seems the runs take forever and a day because i'm burning through mana. Struggling to keep tank above 30% while my dps are around 50%.... Am i just doing it wrong? do my parties just suck when i heal? or is RDruid falling behind?

(My general methods are to Lifebloom the tank to max stacks, rejuv tank and any dps taking damage, Swiftmend whomever is in range to hit the tank and the most DPS, spam nourish on tank. Wild Growth as needed for AoE's. I have an "oh sh*t" macro for natures swiftness and healing touch for those needed moments.)

thinkin' bout rollin a Disc
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Grats on 90 :) Nourish is meh. I'd also drop rebirth and the innervate glyph for regrowth and wild growth. Are you also using mushrooms? Tranquility? Incarnation?

Also LFR is LFR, some runs will be awesome some will be crap. Sometimes your heals will look badly since you don't need 6 healers for LFR to begin with. LFR healing is fun, especially with the increase of targets hit by tranquility :p And you're also still rockin' blues.
Edited by Veroicone on 6/22/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You mean random 5-mans - not LFR. You're not geared enough to run LFR.

When i'm healer, it seems the runs take forever and a day because i'm burning through mana. Struggling to keep tank above 30% while my dps are around 50%.... Am i just doing it wrong? do my parties just suck when i heal? or is RDruid falling behind?

You're doing it wrong.

You need to use the Regrowth glyph (*replace Innervate) and that will be your go-to main 'big' heal. Use it sparingly when you need a big heal that nourish won't cover.

Keep LifeBloom/Harmony up with SM on the tank. Don't worry about placing this for ranged in a 5-man.

Wildgrowth when 3 or more people are taking damage. Don't cast it otherwise.

Rejuv only for people <50% AND that WildGrowth won't heal by itself.

You don't always need to use rejuv on the tank in 5man. For big pulls sure.

Take the Heart of the Wild talent over Nature's Vigil.

Use innervate at -20% mana and everytime it's up after in a fight.

Use Incarnation for big pulls with lots of damage/curses etc. Spam LB on everyone and use RG to keep people alive.

Drink often in between pulls.

Make sure you have a proper setup to heal with. I use VuhDo and this will show you how it works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQOKDK-m1o&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Trollmendous on 6/23/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, i'm broke as a $3 hooker, but i'll see if I can't get the glyph for cheap.

For trash pulls, I do pretty well as long as they don't get too large... it's the bosses that really *uck me over.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I know Nourish should technically almost be removed from the bar, but I still find myself spamming it at times.... it just feels like the right spell to use quite often.

When I saw the Method druid doing it on Heroic Lei Shen, I didn't feel so bad about having trouble breaking old habits :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't recall 5-mans being too difficult about 100 ilvls ago when I started to gear up. Druids are pretty good 5-man healers. You need to get the regrowth glyph at the very least. With swiftmend and regrowth you should be able to keep your tank up as long as they aren't doing something stupid.

If you feel that there is to much pressure use incarnation and put 1 stack of lifebloom on multiple people to encourage clear casting procs for instant regrowths. Use incarnation as a mana conservation ability. Lifebloom spam is very efficient healing and the regrowth procs will save you tons of mana. With everything at your hands and tranq for any major recovery you should be just fine. I would suggest changing over to Heart of the wild as troll said for the sustained spell power and health increase.

The more gear you get and the more accustomed you become to healing on a druid the easier things will be. It definitely doesn't hurt to get a healing add-on and I also suggest vuhdo (I use it. It rocks. Enough said)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Just like anything else, to get good at healing, it takes practice. Taking the time to go in to Heroic dungeons (and eventually LFR maybe?) and healing it is the number one thing you can do to get better at healing. Another thing you can do is work on getting your hands on some pieces of gear.

One thing you may want to look at is rep gear. I know getting rep gear does require some grinding, but there's three different benefits to it. 1) Shiny new gear will increase your stats, which will help to increase your healing. 2) Daily quests for rep puts a little extra gold jingling in your pockets, helping with the 'broke as a $3 hooker' problem. 3) Doing dailies also grants you both valor and lesser charms - valor can be used for gear and lesser charms can be turned in weekly for mogu runes, which can then be used in LFR or regular raids for an extra roll on gear.

Finally and most importantly, don't get discouraged! Keep working on it and keep asking questions -- you'll get there!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
All right! I took the advice of getting the Regrowth Glyph. - It's REALLY helped.

I started using Wild growth for 3+ people taking damage only. - I used to use it on 2+

I've started to us Incarnation a little more aggressively. - I used to save it for 'oh *hit' moments to spam regrowth and burn my mana to nothingness. But now I use it as a preemptive when I see wild growth isn't cutting it and stack up some LB.

I've started limiting my use of Rejuv. to people @60% or less; excluding the tank.. i try to always have full HoT's on the tank.

I realized that with Swiftmend, to use it on the person who needs it most, and if anyone else wants effloresence they can move their asses to compensate.

Tranq for those serious "WE'Z ALL GONNA DIIEE" moments. Such a strong AoE heal <3

I still use Nourish a lot tho... It's a cheap, rather efficient heal that helps me keep Harmony; which i try to keep up full time.

tl;dr - Thanks for all the suggestions; and from it my healing, mana conservation, and overall experience is just so much better! <3
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'd also stump for removing your Glyph of Rejuvenation, for the following reasons:

1. In 5-mans, you're rarely going to have 3+ RJs rolling
2. Nourish is basically useless.
3. In raids, you'll often have 3+ RJs rolling, but not enough time to cast Nourish
Edited by Kerranggaroo on 6/25/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you're using regrowth you don't need nourish to keep up harmony, regrowth will do the same thing and be a stronger heal :D Nourish just isn't worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Swiftmend also keeps Harmony up. You really don't need to use Nourish, unless you just want to be doing something. In that case, I suggest turning old school tree form on and jumping around maniacally. It's what I do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Swiftmend also keeps Harmony up. You really don't need to use Nourish, unless you just want to be doing something. In that case, I suggest turning old school tree form on and jumping around maniacally. It's what I do.

Don't forget to set yourself on fire if you glyph it >D
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Druid
druids dont have a rotation, only priorities. rejuv small dmg, not nourish.
if u cast WG @ wrong time it wont heal some ppl.

google my friend
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
At the OPs gear level Nourish is a mana negative really crappy heal. The biggest healing change I had to make when healing MoP heroic dungeons and still hold true is that unlike in Cata:

Nourish sucks...at least at my current gear level it is mana neutral.
Glyphed Regrowth is a beast for us now....we actually have a competitive "flash heal".
Rejuv hits like a mack truck compared to Cata.

You do not need to ABC (Always Be Casting) in 5 mans and in raids for that matter.

Also you may be experiencing mid to late expansion dungeon behavior. At this point in the expac people are spoiled by very OP healers running the 5 mans....and are starting to ignore boss mechanics.

"The last healer healed us through it" Well maybe the last healer had a 530 i-level?
Edited by Plantman on 6/27/2013 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh i never actually realized SM put up Harmony. Derp.

So, i should really remove Nourish from my bar, and stick to glyphed Regrowth? It just seems that using 5k mana to keep Harmony up > the 12k? for regrowth...

The reason i use Nourish is because it's a low cost heal, and as I'm running 5man heroics to gear up for LFR I'm already doing a sh*t ton of overhealing already. *shrug* but if it's so useless in LFR, i may as well adjust now.

Any recommendations as to what I should reglyph into my rejuv spot?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you are going to do LFR, the glyph of Wild Growth is good. If not, you could use the glyph of Healing Touch, especially if you have that macro'd to Nature's Swiftness. Wild Growth really doesn't do anything in a dungeon, unless there are a bunch of pets about.

I still have Nourish bound, because I do use it in low damage periods to refresh both Harmony and Lifebloom on a tank, and I use it pre-pull to get Harmony rolling before the fight starts. Other than that, I always use either Regrowth or my NS+HT macro for direct heals.

One thing you definitely want to practice before hitting LFR is Mushrooms. Yes, they are clunky. Yes, they can be frustrating when people run away from them like they were toxic. But yes, they do a crapton of healing, especially in several LFR fights. Because of their clunkiness, you really need to practice placement and timing to use them effectively, and there is no time like the present. They will most likely all go to overhealing, or be completely wasted in a 5-man, but if there is nothing else to do, work on your placement, and see how long they take to charge up.

Your healing meters in LFR will thank you. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I use mushrooms very rarely. I typically wont use them for trash pulls, as we're moving along too much to make it worth throwing them down.

For bosses however, I toss them around the battlefield before starting. I try and get them as close as possible to where I believe people will be fighting from; and I usually get pretty good accuracy with them.1-2 near the tank and melee dps, and one close to me and the ranged dps.

Only problem is; i toss them down, let them charge a little... and then never use them. Mostly because in 5man heroics my rejuv and LB ticks are keeping everyone up well enough that using them isn't necessary. Or i just completely forget they exist until i've popped off SM and Incarnation because of an AoE and then a big "MUSHROOMS" pops across my screen and I facepalm it.

When i DO remember; They're a lifesaver. But when would be a 'proper' time to detonate them? I assume after a large AoE?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh i never actually realized SM put up Harmony. Derp.

So, i should really remove Nourish from my bar, and stick to glyphed Regrowth? It just seems that using 5k mana to keep Harmony up > the 12k? for regrowth...

The reason i use Nourish is because it's a low cost heal, and as I'm running 5man heroics to gear up for LFR I'm already doing a sh*t ton of overhealing already. *shrug* but if it's so useless in LFR, i may as well adjust now.

Any recommendations as to what I should reglyph into my rejuv spot?

You don't really want/need to use regrowth to keep Harmony up. Use Swiftmend on cooldown and Harmony will always be up.

Use Regrowth only on clearcasting (Omen of Clarity) procs unless an emergency requiring flash heal occurs (this is rare tbh). If you maintain your LB on the tank you will see tons of OoC procs.

Even at really low spirit levels (my druid just started in LFR's this week and had 5k spirit) I was using glyphed Wild Growth in my 5 mans and scenarios and LFR's.

Overheal is irrelevant as long as you aren't gasping for mana or finding yourself short of it at crucial times.

I agree with Pipi about learning to use shrooms, that has been a struggle for me this week as well. Another thing to get used to is using Ironbark a lot. It has such a short CD that there is not as much need to "save" it. Ditto on battle rez.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When i DO remember; They're a lifesaver. But when would be a 'proper' time to detonate them? I assume after a large AoE?

A large AoE is the ideal situation, but I will use them as a Lay on Hands if the tank (or anyone else!) is getting wrecked and is in range of them. They hit for a huge amount, often several times the tank's health pool! My favorite place to use them in a dungeon is on the bubble boss in Siege of Niuzao. If the tank is slow in picking up the waves of adds, or doesn't pick them up at all, I stand on my mushrooms and use them to heal myself back up as I facetank a bunch of bugs.

They are also excellent on the first boss in Gate of the Setting Sun, when she casts Sabotage. If the person is standing on shrooms, I pop them as soon as the boom goes off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]