Why do you heal in PvP?

90 Human Paladin
Hey everyone. Due to my limited time, I've been making PvP my primary activity in WoW. I've healed in PvP and PvE since TBC and had never gotten bored of it until Cata. However, I DPSed for the first time and really enjoyed it. A good DPS always seems to get more credit than a good healer which makes me feel unappreciated as a healer. I find the gameplay as a healer less enjoyable than that of a DPS. However, because I've been healing so long, I have a better mastery of that role than I do as a DPS which makes me reluctant to dedicate myself to the switch, since I'm worried I won't perform as well in a DPS role as I would as a healer.

So I'd like to know, why do you heal in PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I heal in pvp because I enjoy it. Those matches in bgs where I am the only healer on my side and I am able to heal my entire team and win is fun :D I don't care whether or not people tell me how I do, it doesn't change the role I enjoy to play. I also love those matches in arena where I am able to make my team go from >5% health to full and we win. I even enjoy it when we don't win :P

I dps as kitty sometimes in bgs since I now have full tyrannical for both sets, but I just don't enjoy it as much. It's fun to run around and kill things but I prefer to heal.

You shouldn't play a role because you want people to tell you how awesome you're doing. Sometimes it happens, mostly it doesn't. I know how I do in a role and in specific situations and that's all that mattes to me. What I enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love having the control of everyones life in my hands.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't heal because I want people to tell me how awesome I am, in fact, I used to tell them how awesome I am, haha. I like competing with other healers, I haven't met anybody who quite shares that mentality with me. I heal so I can be the best healer of the BG, I don't brag about it afterwards or anything like that, it's just a goal for me for the game. Because the goal of winning doesn't really do it for me anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Being a top healer in a bg doesn't really mean much :P There are so many determining factors that play into it. I have some where I do over 20 million, others where I barely hit 10.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]