Rotations.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Forum,

Just come back to wow, and I find that the heroics now have gone the way of WOTLK heroics in which the trash is AOE AOE AOE, which as ret I just simply can't seem to get the hang of, I know my spec and what not is likely a little crazy as just working out where I need to be and what stats work well for my class now.

But mainly i'm looking for a solid footing on AOE rotation. Does anyone have any tips of even any videos they might be willing to share?

Thanks,
Term.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
AoE is pretty much the same as single-target. Just replace Crusader Strike with Hammer of the Righteous and Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm. If there are 4-5+ targets, switch to Seal of Righteousness. It's also helpful to glyph Mass Exorcism.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Glyph of Inquisition is bad; unless you're having serious problems maintaining it, do not use the glyph.

As to AoE rotation, Hammer of the Righteous and Divine Storm trump Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict at a mere two targets. Glyph of Mass Exorcism is amazing for AoE, and Glyph of Double Jeopardy is nice for cleaving. For dungeons, I would recommend Holy Prism over the other L90s as the shorter CD means that it is up for almost every single pull, and it's flexibility makes it good party utility and pretty decent AoE.
Reply Quote
Seal of Righteousness, Glyph of Mass Exorcism, Hammer of the Righteous instead of Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm instead of Templar's Verdict.

Then your rotation becomes Hammer, Filler, Filler on repeat. Filler priority should be: Inquisition (Inquisition buff at 3s or less), Divine Storm (four or five Holy Power), Exorcism, Judgment, L90 talent, then stuff like Sacred Shield.

As always, don't ever let Inquisition fall off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for all the help! Been looking into this and it seems to help but the rotation seem "clinky" for a lack of better terms. Any macros or anything that may help with that to make it a bit less awkward?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod] Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Divine Storm; Templar's Verdict
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Glyph of Inquisition is bad; unless you're having serious problems maintaining it, do not use the glyph.

this^

until next patch atleast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod] Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Divine Storm; Templar's Verdict

Thank you, these work quite well. Need to change hot keys for them to work but, they still work :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]