Finally - the Right KJC Fix

90 Human Warlock
We've been following all of your feedback very closely, and we're going to try a different approach to Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4.

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

We still feel that the 5.3 version of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning isn't working out, but we don't want to "nerf fun" either. It's clear that many Warlocks simply enjoy the feel of being able to cast on the move, and we'd like to be able to preserve as much of that feeling if possible.

With this change, we can make the "penalty" of taking KJC that you don't have Mannoroth's Fury or Archimonde's Vengeance, which should result in more damage output in cases where movement is less critical (and we're working on some changes to Archimonde's Vengeance that should help with that). We're also still planning on buffing Fel Flame in a way that helps lower the impact to mobility caused by choosing one of those talents over Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, without nerfing it for PvP purposes.

Remember, we're still extremely early in the PTR process. There will be many more changes to the game before the patch goes live.

I'd say this is a pretty good compromise, and is essentially the Elemental Shaman model.

I think going into the next expansion though, it should be removed as a talent, and this model be applied to all casters. The idea behind stationary nukes is that they should be hard to get off but deliver a big payoff. The problem is, the core 'filler' nukes of each spec, to be balanced with not just giving that spec massive overwhelming dps on boss fights that dont require much movement, well, their dps is not that exciting or much of a payoff.

So a model where every caster can just cast their plain vanilla core nuke spells while moving, but have to stop to cast their heavy hitters (Lava Burst, Chaos Bolt, Haunt, Soul Fire) or AOE seems like a good way to have the best of both worlds. It unnails casters from being turrets, but still makes them stop to cast their 'big nukes'.
Edited by Thanatosia on 6/20/2013 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Exactly what I said they would do. Anyone else love when that happens?
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest
Malefic Grasp still needs to get nerf. I want my damage on dots and Haunt emphasized more than on MG!

Because if this is the case, then basically Affliction PvP is still DEAD. Nothing has CHANGED.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Exactly what I said they would do. Anyone else love when that happens?

No because in Cata, way before Blizzcon, I had a feeling they might limit mana on everyone who uses it. I thought it was too crazy to happen but low and behold. Good when it's good, not so much when it's not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'll think it's a great idea for casters to be able to cast while moving soon as I can do melee attacks from ranged. Until then, I think it's a horrible idea.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I think its a great idea for all melee to have charges and slows if I can run all 300% until then I think that's a terrible idea
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think its a great idea for all melee to have charges and slows if I can run all 300% until then I think that's a terrible idea

Difference being you're already balanced around my gap closers. I'm not balanced around you having the ability to nuke while on the move.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
as long as they cant fast fear while moving im okay with it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard needs to grow some balls and do what's best for the game. Dps on the move should be weak. It should feel bad to do dps on the move. This in turn makes standing still and dropping bombs feel good. Makes melee do well on high movement fights.

Good can not exist without bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A Thanatosis thread praising a Warlock change? :0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'll think it's a great idea for casters to be able to cast while moving soon as I can do melee attacks from ranged. Until then, I think it's a horrible idea.

With or without this, there is no good reason why a Warrior won't be able to have near 100% uptime on a Warlock to tunnel mindlessly to your heart's delight.

If you can't manage that, then you deserve to be the Warrior who has to try killing a Warlock with heroic throw.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114049
There are some melee specs with ranged capabilities, and some without. There are caster specs with the ability to cast while moving, and some without. You happen to be playing one of the melee specs without ranged capabilities; if you feel that your mobility etc do not sufficiently compensate for that lack, that's worth discussing. But "this specific spec doesn't have the direct counterpart to that specific spec" is a thoroughly pointless objection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]