5.4 Resto druid changes

90 Troll Druid
I am really excited about 5.4 resto changes. I've played resto for years and to be honest was getting to the point where i wish i liked playing disc. I'll only play resto and had it not been for 5.4 i probably would have just stopped playing.

Nature's swiftness is a great spell to potentially prevent a death. It becoming an ability and having ysera's gift in its place gives us two options for our second tier (cenarions ward). If they made renewal like other talents, where if brought below a certain health instantly heals for 30% would possibly make it 3 options in that tier.

Innervate is a great change as it will scale better in 5.4, just wish it would have a minimum 30k mana if on others, 60k if on self as it really helps lower leveled/geared druids. It also would mean non-resto druids could still help with mana as other classes do.

Dream of cenarius change, seems like the damage number needs to be a little higher or mana cost a little less.

Love the change to nature's vigil, contributes to burst healing and still contributing a little dps. makes me wish hotw had a 3 min cooldown. Not sure if the 6% int offsets what nature's vigil would bring to the table
Soul of the forest at 100% seems right, especially against the pairing of incarnation+natures vigil.

Glyph of efflorescence, makes tank healing and saving lives so much more forgiving, since we won't have to worry about efflo healing just one person it also brings in swiftmend+HT into play instead of only swiftmend+wg with soul of the forest.

The mushroom change makes it easier for newer resto druids and those with slower computers. My gaming laptop recently went in for repairs and i had to play with a regular i3 laptop and man putting down mushrooms was such a pain. Putting it on a target is just easier for most players, although i do believe a glyph to give people the option would be very fair.

The change in the amount of healing mushrooms would do changes it from being like revival (if used expertly) to more like uplift we'll have the burst when we need it and it won't be overpowered (at least not in 10mans, 25's probably should be treated like revival/tranq where it's increased).

The original tier 2 and 4 had me hoping they would make living seed an absorb as that along with the proposed changes really rounds us out.

Overall really really happy and looking forward to being more competitive with equally skilled players of other classes. Right now we're behind of the pack still a support role where we can raid heal or tank heal, just not better than other classes in a specific role. We're the your in if we need the extra healer, boomkin if we don't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would have to disagree and say that we're actually in a good place right now, and not just in the "if you need the extra healer" capacity. We bring great raid stability and allow the more specialized classes to focus on what they're best at. Druids have always been great support healers. We excel at utility and raid healing. Even with the absorb classes being so powerful at the moment, we're still extremely competitive when played to full potential.

I'm glad that NS is becoming baseline for the Resto spec. Ysera's Gift is currently extremely irritating on the PTR. Having that heal go off every 5 seconds is a pain. They need to fix it so that it affects raid/party members only. Cenarion Ward is going to be interesting to play around with.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Innervate change. This makes it more difficult for players that are gearing up to gain mana back. The scaling at higher gear levels is fine, but for players that are undergeared it's horrible.

The SotF change looks awesome. I run SotF more often than Incarnation at the moment because I prefer the playstyle of SotF. When SotF Rejuv is paired with Genesis, it has huge burst healing potential.

I'm not a huge fan of the new Wild Mushroom. The fact that it takes so long to charge now (even with Genesis) and that it can no longer crit is a huge nerf in 25m. The scaling, I'd imagine, would be fine in 10m. I do, however, like the fact that you can now move the mushroom and let it retain it's charge.

The new Resto t16 set bonuses also look nice. They're a lot better than they were before. I'm just worried that they're not as good as they look on paper. The 2pc bonus seems to give incentive to use Genesis more often, and the 4pc looks like it would be decent during high damage phases. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Edited by Catakins on 6/20/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus
Casting Ironbark grants you Spark of Life, causing all cast time spells within the next 12 sec to grant a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus
Rejuvenation ticks have a 5% chance to grant a Sage Mender, reducing the mana cost and cast time of your next Healing Touch by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.

Looks like regrowth glyph wont be mandatory anymore.
Healing touch being free of charge and basically instant. Stacks 5 times. So 5 by 20 equals 100% decrease in time. LOL
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus
Casting Ironbark grants you Spark of Life, causing all cast time spells within the next 12 sec to grant a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus
Rejuvenation ticks have a 5% chance to grant a Sage Mender, reducing the mana cost and cast time of your next Healing Touch by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.

Looks like regrowth glyph wont be mandatory anymore.
Healing touch being free of charge and basically instant. Stacks 5 times. So 5 by 20 equals 100% decrease in time. LOL

Rejuv would have to tick 20 times on average for one proc. So 100 Rejuv ticks to get that 100% cast time decrease.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

The SotF change looks awesome. I run SotF more often than Incarnation at the moment because I prefer the playstyle of SotF. When SotF Rejuv is paired with Genesis, it has huge burst healing potential.

Genesis is lackluster at best and only reduces the chances of getting heal sniped. It increases our healing in no way shape or form. It merely applies faster, ending it's duration sooner, thus requiring another rejuv, thus only increasing our mana drain.

Genesis is an anti-heal snipe. Nothing more.

Our burst healing is shrooms. Or it was until it was nerfed on ptr. Genesis needs work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Genesis is lackluster at best and only reduces the chances of getting heal sniped. It increases our healing in no way shape or form. It merely applies faster, ending it's duration sooner, thus requiring another rejuv, thus only increasing our mana drain.

I never stated that Genesis increased our healing done. I said that SotF Rejuv (which will tick more often than a regular Rejuv) when paired with Genesis, has great burst healing potential (at least in a single-target capacity -- i.e tank healing).

And that's true, it might be a mana drain. However, there are currently very few fights where I'm finding myself even close to oom.
Edited by Catakins on 6/20/2013 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]