MW PvP? Fun?

90 Human Monk
I was just wondering if end game PvP healing is fun. I got to 90 on my paladin and tried healing and it wasn't as *captivating* as monk healing is. I was wondering if it was just as fun endgame/geared as it is right now!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I had a trickle of fun doing Wrathion's quest, although I must admit that Random BG's suck.

Perhaps in Arenas or Rated BGs it gets better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
i love 2s as mw, have yet to try 3s
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've only started gearing up my Monk in Random Bg's, but I have to say, it's heaps of fun. I just won't die and I'm not even fully geared yet.
Reply Quote
I love MW pvp so much that I'm doing it again on a lowbie (Whackju) because I leveled as BM/WW for pvp and came to it late. More than once I've topped both damage AND healing, but am almost always one or the other for the team

... and you can literally see the =O on low level prot warriors that wonder why they are losing to you 1v1.

It's a shame to come to it late, but glad you're here!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's fun if you know what you're doing.
Reply Quote
Cdew has even said that it is extremely fun when you spec, glyph, and reforge / gem the way he does.

One word: PacMan
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Thanks for your responses guys! I'm really excited to get to 90 and try it out ^^
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Cdew has even said that it is extremely fun when you spec, glyph, and reforge / gem the way he does.

One word: PacMan
Truthfully I don't know if I like the idea of mastery, because of the multipliers associated with it on our spells it takes roughly 5-9% mastery to gain roughly a 1% increase in the spawn-rate on the orbs (Depending on the spell used).

So that means Cdew's 28% mastery is only a:
ReM = 4%
Chi Wave = 7%
Soothing Mist (Statue included) = 12%
EnV = 5.6%
Xuen/Self applied eminence = 5.6%
Statue applied eminence = 2.8%

Now I mean it could be fun, but it seems like a lot of wasted stats putting 9.5k mastery into that gear. Especially considering how much int/other stats he had to sacrifice to obtain that.
Reply Quote
I've only started gearing up my Monk in Random Bg's, but I have to say, it's heaps of fun. I just won't die and I'm not even fully geared yet.

Yea I'm surprisingly hard to kill, and I'm wearing all low ilvl pve gear. Just tried it out for the first time this weekend. Yet that might be the new standard resil on everyone. I guess getting more gear would help me heal better, yet I would be taking the same amount of damage. Like I wonder how much better is a full tyran set vs like a 522 ilvl tot gear set.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Yea I'm surprisingly hard to kill, and I'm wearing all low ilvl pve gear. Just tried it out for the first time this weekend. Yet that might be the new standard resil on everyone. I guess getting more gear would help me heal better, yet I would be taking the same amount of damage. Like I wonder how much better is a full tyran set vs like a 522 ilvl tot gear set.
It's about a 30% increase in healing due to all the PvP power on it. Cause the more stats associated with the PvE gear doesn't do anything when everything gets scaled down in instanced PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I had a trickle of fun doing Wrathion's quest, although I must admit that Random BG's suck.

Perhaps in Arenas or Rated BGs it gets better.

if you do not mind queuing into hunters every game then sure, it's a ton of fun
Reply Quote
MW is fun in bgs(haven't done ranked) and pretty strong in 2s, could be okay in 3s probably too but being able to spam Healing Spheres under yourself probably makes it stronger for 2s than 3s.

I am usually top healing in normal bgs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My favorite are Rogues who can't kill me because they're dumb enough to stun me when they open up! Stunning a Mistweaver is not helpful. It only means you're going to miss for 2.5 seconds! Then there are the Warriors who charge in, Shockwave (MISS) and cry when I am able to get away!

Mistweaver is a lot of fun. DO IT!

Wait, you're a human...DON'T DO IT. (Human Monks are a disgrace in my eyes...hate em so badly)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've been gearing this toon up for MW PVP lately, and I've found it to be fun. I love the mobility provided by Roll/Chi Torpedo. Setting up a Transcendence on high ground and baiting people to follow you when you jump down, just to port back up, is always fun. Healing sphere spam, a ranged disarm, and the CC provided through Disable, Paralysis, Spear Hand Strike, Leg Sweep etc etc
Reply Quote
I like it for the high mobility, and the "not terrible" damage you can put out when people are topped off.. It's not uncommon for me to be near what an undergeared dps would do damage wise (Or a geared tank), while still blatantly topping heals done. It's not world beater damage, but dropping an extra ~25k dps into a target isn't exactly nothing, and a solid 30-40k Crackling jade lightning crit-tick can help to secure a kill. Truthfully, with our mobility, survivability, and damge I feel quite a bit overpowered/immortal doing randoms (in RBGs, you won't have nearly as much time to push dps, as there's actually enough incoming damage to warrant you healing, but you can still sneak some in)

That said, the most frustrating thing about MW healing bgs is basically when you are stuck healing terrible dps that just can't coordinate themselves enough to land a kill.

When you have a great dps: You usually end up steamrolling the other team and getting a quick game.

When you have a great healer: Noone on your team dies, but you can still stalemate/draw out the game.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Hunter
OMG Monk PVP healing is SO fun. I love it when melee tries to catch me... it makes me giggle.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Monk
@OP

Paladin healers are probably the most boring out of every healer I've endgamed- which is all of them (Cataclysm). I've been having a ton of fun with my MW monk, especially in random BGs. Once you get used to knowing every niche each of your abilities has, it's pretty easy to stay alive and heal a !@#$ ton. From what I've seen in PVP, MW's raw healing output appears to be exceptional. The key is knowing when to sphere spam (also getting used to leading people with spheres) and knowing when/how to stack your chi for blanketing focus friendlies with enveloping mists. Practicing your rotation between healingspheres/chiwave/RM/EH/ManaTeas -and- Thunder Tea>Soothing Mists> Surging Mists/EM will likely get your through even some of the bleakest situations in randoms. That's not even taking into account your life saving CDs...

That being said, I honestly don't know how they are in arenas right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If is very fun. Im at 1950 in RBGs right now as a MW.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
no
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]