Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn fixed?

90 Draenei Shaman
I read here that there were one, maybe two fixes to the Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn trinket. I picked it up tonight as a DE save.

I would really like to like this trinket, considering that I'm one of only two healer classes without a bubble. From preliminary testing it seems to do a 28k heal every 30 seconds, consistently, which would be about 933 HPS. Is that math right? If so, shouldn't this be buffed?

At ilevel 520-ish, most healers are doing 50-70k HPS (more or less depending on the fight), so that comes out to 1.3 - 1.8% of overall healing. Is that a reasonable number compared to similar trinkets?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You can afford to use the trinket primarily because you are a Resto Druid and the extra spirit will benefit your co-healers.

However, make no mistake - this trinket is little more than a stat stick. The proc is basically garbage.

When I compare the returns from, say, the Lightning-Imbued Chalice (off Lei Shen), it's laughable. The Chalice routinely does about 3-4% of my healing when I use it (sometimes a bit less, depending on my activity level in the encounter).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
primarily because you are a Resto Shaman

Fixed it for ya! :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When I compare the returns from, say, the Lightning-Imbued Chalice (off Lei Shen), it's laughable. The Chalice routinely does about 3-4% of my healing when I use it (sometimes a bit less, depending on my activity level in the encounter).

I have the normal Chalice but I have held off on upgrading or using it. Of course, I would only consider switching out my Shado-Pan trinket on fights where mana is never a concern.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/21/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Mythrose
primarily because you are a Resto Shaman

Fixed it for ya! :D

Look, I HAD NOT HAD ANY CAFFEINE WHEN I WROTE THAT.

I cannot be held responsible!

*runs away in shame*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/21/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Trollmendous

I have the normal Chalice but I have held off on upgrading or using it. Of course, I would only consider switching out my Shado-Pan trinket on fights where mana is never a concern.

I only have the normal one. I normally can afford to swap it in when I'm Disc, but mana is too tight when I'm Holy. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I can honestly say that Lightning-Imbued Chalice is not working out too amazingly for me either. I'm more inclined to just use a second mana regen trinket than this RNG proccing thing that only does ~2% of my healing. It's not terrible though and in fights I know I don't need the mana I'll probably switch to it. I'd rather just get a horridon trinket, throw it in that slot, and forget about it entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/21/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Stratas
I'd rather just get a horridon trinket,

Don't look at my trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd rather just get a horridon trinket,

Why? You only have 1 normal kill on 8 bosses. It seems like you just started using that druid (post on wrong character maybe?) so it's not expected that they would have gear and I expect you are planning on getting the valor trinket soon. Some of us are working 11+ horridon kills and never even seen the trinket and it's a bit depressing.

Edit: Not to mention all the coins I've wasted on horrdion. So far I have gotten 2 of the same ring ; /
Edited by Stratas on 6/21/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/21/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Stratas

Why? You only have 1 normal kill on 8 bosses. It seems like you just started using that druid (post on wrong character maybe?) so it's not expected that they would have gear and I expect you are planning on getting the valor trinket soon. Some of us are working 11+ horridon kills and never even seen the trinket and it's a bit depressing.

Edit: Not to mention all the coins I've wasted on horrdion. So far I have gotten 2 of the same ring ; /

15 weeks on Horridon. Not a single one has dropped. Only one person as coined the trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Look, I HAD NOT HAD ANY CAFFEINE WHEN I WROTE THAT.

I cannot be held responsible!

*runs away in shame*

It's okay- you don't want me to post before I've had caffeine. My fingers get stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Some of us are working 11+ horridon kills and never even seen the trinket and it's a bit depressing.

10 Horridon kills didn't even see it dropped. But that one night I couldn't raid, 3 dropped. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

15 weeks on Horridon. Not a single one has dropped. Only one person as coined the trinket.

I vendored a Heroic Horridon trinket this week after bonus rolling and getting a 2nd Heroic trinket trying to fish for a Heroic TF.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I vendored a Heroic Horridon trinket this week after bonus rolling and getting a 2nd Heroic trinket trying to fish for a Heroic TF.

Tiberria, don't make me come over there. I have a stick. >:|
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I was lucky and got another one for my alt rduid the other day (normal version though).

I now need one for my other rdruid ;)>
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I refuse to use a coin on Magaera or Primordius because if I got one of the trinkets from it I would be very pissy. The only redeeming merit is that those bosses don't drop tier.

Horridon is holding out on heroic so far; however, I have thunderforged normal. My co healer and our swing healer each have a normal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Some of us are working 11+ horridon kills and never even seen the trinket and it's a bit depressing.

That's part of why I said this.

This toon's a backup for a friend's guild. They don't have the greatest progression, but my friend is a priest.

She's run raid finder weekly, trying to get the trinket. It's never dropped on normal, nor will raid finder cough it up.

I have *ridiculous* amounts of raid finder luck when it comes to certain things. In t14, most all of my toons had a sha weapon in the first two weeks. If I run Nalak, I get tier pieces fairly early on.

My monk just got the chest from Oondasta(grumbles) on her first and only kill.

The simple fact that I got this absolutely ridiculously awesome trinket on what I think was my first or second Horridon LFR kill is hilarious and tends to draw ire from people that can't get it to drop.

THAT is what I was pointing out. Person that I quoted said he wanted one. I have one. And I haven't been 90 long. Showing off my luck I was. Went over your head it did.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
THAT is what I was pointing out. Person that I quoted said he wanted one. I have one. And I haven't been 90 long. Showing off my luck I was. Went over your head it did.

LFR horridon trinket is nice starting out but the Valor trinket is better and if you've been raiding for awhile you probably have access to the trinket from ToEs, which is just as good, or a 522 trinket elsewhere. It's not like LFR version is bad but the majority of us clearing ToT only care about normal/heroic drops. I'm definitely not trying to kill LFR horridon for his trinket ;p.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Mhmm. 15 kills on this toon + 11 on my pally. Where is that stupid last gasp?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/21/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Jesminia

10 Horridon kills didn't even see it dropped. But that one night I couldn't raid, 3 dropped. :(

8 kills / 6 trinkets drop / 3 d/ed :(

some reason my guild is awesome on trinkets drop but we get so much cloth priest stuff and we don't have a priest since ToT came out

personally want Toes Heroic and Horridon Heroic one screw the VP and the other ones all crap to my eyes ....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]