Any help for shadow in 5.4?

90 Human Priest
Yet another xpac where shadow is strong out of the gate and gets progressive worse as the xpac goes on.

I used to always be at or near the top dps in my raids and now it isn't even close on most fights.

Our set bonuses have been awful for both tiers now and obviously we just aren't scaling with gear the way we need to in order to keep up.

At any rate, it looks pretty close to this:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow is getting buffed next tier. Didn't you see the changes to the level 90 talents and the DoT buff we're getting?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow is getting buffed next tier. Didn't you see the changes to the level 90 talents and the DoT buff we're getting?

What DoT buff?

I saw a small buff to ToF and FDCL but that was about it (and I hadn't even seen the 6/20 update yet when I made the OP).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

ToF is a good buff, FDLC on the other hand isn't that great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
06/21/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Mindplague

ToF is a good buff, FDLC on the other hand isn't that great.

The problem mainly is that Disc is so good, even after it got nerfed.

Why take my shadow priest who is one of the worst dps specs when I can do about 50%-60% of the damage as Disc and still do massive healing. You can take ANY other dps and it is a massive gain to have a healer doing 60k dps plus another DPS.

In order for shadow to not be pointless, they really kind of need to be the upper middle class of dps, the way things are currently designed...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Those buffs are okay but they basically amount to the 5.3 buff and show will maintain their current position(bottom of middle of the pack/upper low tier if they are lucky) due to the fact that Spriest still scales poorly with gear. This is just not a Spriest expansion(at least from a pve standpoint).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yet another xpac where shadow is strong out of the gate and gets progressive worse as the xpac goes on.

The reverse of this is true.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Just because warlocks are currently overpowered doesn't make shadow not completely fine

Also noxxic is worthless
Edited by Thesic on 6/22/2013 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/all/14/60/default/

These are much more realistic numbers since they're actually based on real parses. Shadow is weaker single but stronger multi target. A middle of the pack spec overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

These are much more realistic numbers since they're actually based on real parses. Shadow is weaker single but stronger multi target. A middle of the pack spec overall.

bottom of middle of the pack/upper low tier which they have been since MoP. Worst of all, with the exception of WW and warriors every class that is under them have a dps spec that is beating them by leaps and bounds. If that is fine than i guess Spriest is in a "Good place".
Edited by Fayte on 6/22/2013 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Buff hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Lower middle, but yeah.

My point was a little more from my own experience and where my dps has fallen.

Again, I think the biggest problem is how powerful Disc is. Lately, my raid is nearly always better off with me healing because it is a dps gain to get my 60-80k dps while healing and have even an average dpser take my place.

There was a time when I was close to leading the meters on most fights and then shadow was usually the better option.

Sure not everyone needs to min/max and for the most part my raid isn't so serious that they care, but I choose to play a role I don't enjoy as much simply because I know the raid is better off for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]