Flintte's Fantastic Fritters (OT Thread)

90 Troll Druid
HC
hai
which one better, incarnation or that tree breeding talent (forgot the name) for council fight ?

incarnation
90 Draenei Shaman
cross-posting from the priest forum to look for additional holy priest perspective!

Questions for 10man Holy priests (our specific situation is 3-healing Disc priest, holy priest, resto shaman):

- lvl 90 talents. Which ones are no-brainers to choose (or to avoid!) under specific circumstances? Are there situations where it doesn't matter (ie, use your preference)?

- is DI pretty much mandatory? Are there fights where you wouldn't use it?

- HW:Sanc. Sparing use, or more? If our Disc priest mostly keeps the tanks healed, should the holy priest sit in Sanc Chakra for the PoH/CoH/DH buff even if he's not supposed to HW:Sanc much? As a shaman, I keep HR on cooldown (well, I keep Unleash Life on cooldown, and cast HR with every UL) pretty much no matter what, but that's because there are very few things I can do with my mana & GCDs which can match what HR can do if even only 2 people stand in it for some of its duration; is HW:Sanc for *full-on heavy-damage healing-intensive* stack phases only?

- related to the above... invest heavily in Mastery? I see some talk of 4,721 Haste being useful, and anything more being classified as "an awful lot of Haste for a holy priest" but I have no idea whether these are comments made by people who are worth listening to or not.

- anything else you'd like to add? Something you feel is really important to use, or really important to avoid, or something that often gets overlooked/forgotten?
100 Draenei Priest
lvl 90 talents. Which ones are no-brainers to choose (or to avoid!) under specific circumstances? Are there situations where it doesn't matter (ie, use your preference)?

Will depend on the fight. Cascade is a good default - with an rshaman stacked healing is stronger than spread, where cascade shines; it has the added benefit of refreshing Renew in Serenity Chakra.

If you need more stacked healing, Divine Star wins. Halo... I would probably only take this on H Tortos and maybe Animus, but I don't really play Holy :\

Yes.

HW:Sanc : don't use. It has limited use when you know a lot of damage is coming you will have >6 ppl stacked for and for some reason you have lots of mana.

Chakras: If another healer has the tank covered I would sit in Sanc Chakra most of the time. With T15 2Pc, DI PoM is just too good, as is PoH. Serenity if I want to renew blanket (windstorm on IQ, for ex) or if the damage pattern is just better for rolling 3-4 renews around.

Stats: If you spend most of your time in Sanc Chakra, Mastery can be very good. However, in serenity Renew DOES NOT apply mastery on its ticks, only initial application, making haste breakpoints and crit better. Even in for other spells, Mastery scaling is only slightly better than Crit :\ Glyphed Serenity Renew at the +1 haste point is pretty sexy though.

06/21/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Ellarix
anything else you'd like to add?

I'm a disc priest i have no idea what i'm doing.
90 Pandaren Priest
cross-posting from the priest forum to look for additional holy priest perspective!

Questions for 10man Holy priests (our specific situation is 3-healing Disc priest, holy priest, resto shaman):

- lvl 90 talents. Which ones are no-brainers to choose (or to avoid!) under specific circumstances? Are there situations where it doesn't matter (ie, use your preference)?

Any fight with stack points, Divine Star is the best for you to take (so, you can make a case for Jin'rokh, Council (after Sul is down), Megeara, Ji-Kun (if you are on the nests), Ra-den). Any fight where you spend more time spread than stacked, Cascade is generally a good, middle-of-the-line choice (so, Horridon, Tortose, Durumu, Primordius, Dark Animus, Qon, Consorts, and Lei Shen). Halo is extremely good for Tortose. Divine Star has a problem with Primoridius - the grating that covers where Ra-den's room is messes the spell up and it will shoot out behind you if you are standing on the grating when you cast it, so I generally don't recommend the spell for that fight, despite the fact that it would have good use.

It's the best talent on that tier, and there are no fights where I would use another talent on that tier over Divine Insight.

- HW:Sanc. Sparing use, or more? If our Disc priest mostly keeps the tanks healed, should the holy priest sit in Sanc Chakra for the PoH/CoH/DH buff even if he's not supposed to HW:Sanc much? As a shaman, I keep HR on cooldown (well, I keep Unleash Life on cooldown, and cast HR with every UL) pretty much no matter what, but that's because there are very few things I can do with my mana & GCDs which can match what HR can do if even only 2 people stand in it for some of its duration; is HW:Sanc for *full-on heavy-damage healing-intensive* stack phases only?

I wouldn't use it at all unless you're swimming in mana.

- related to the above... invest heavily in Mastery? I see some talk of 4,721 Haste being useful, and anything more being classified as "an awful lot of Haste for a holy priest" but I have no idea whether these are comments made by people who are worth listening to or not.

4717 Haste gives you an extra tick of Lightwell/Lightspring, as well as Renew. I'm known for my hatred of Crit, so I personally go into Mastery after I hit 4717 Haste. I did try a higher level of Haste (6400), but I didn't like how that playstyle felt, so I dropped back down to 4717.

- anything else you'd like to add? Something you feel is really important to use, or really important to avoid, or something that often gets overlooked/forgotten?

Don't eat Spirit food or flask for Spirit as Holy, unless you're woefully undergeared. There's just no extra benefit from it like you get with Disc (and even then, I only flask for Spirit as Disc on very long fights where I'm doing a lot of bubble spam). Go for Int flask and int food. Remember to cancel cast and use CoH on CD if there are people taking damage.
Edited by Tiriel on 6/21/2013 3:05 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Stream is sooon!

I am excited.

I has lots of snacks.

And of course people are encouraged to come hang out with us :D Can even join us on mumble!
90 Draenei Paladin
To the blood DK DPS (!) who did 4-5k DPS and took my tanking axe in Vortex Pinnacle, you are a poopy head. I am glad you died from failing to stand in the triangle on the last boss.

Twice.
90 Pandaren Shaman
this dark legacy comic is SO relevant to some of my feelings about wow in particular and my gaming experience in general.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/1008xNx394.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sfWQR0p5NW.jpg

I have always, no matter what game it is, what type, been obsessive. I'm always trying to max performance in some way, reading blogs, pouring over forums, judging other people, !@#$%ing and moaning about this and that and the other.

I rarely just relax and have fun. I am SO jealous of people who just log into wow and have fun and not care that they dont have gold or that some of their gear doesn't have an enchant or they missed the raid that night. Or hell, the 7.5 mill ppl who maybe have never raided at all. Like. They are totally happy and content being below average in terms of completion and success and seeing things. They don't even KNOW that they suck at WoW and if they did know they wouldn't care.

So do they actually suck at it. I guess not...

I dunno. Sometimes I wish I was Donald. :P Because even though I suck at WoW now and never accomplish anything, I hate it and find the whole experience kind of unrewarding because I don't know how to just be casual and play for fun.
90 Human Priest
Ompong, Rain, Eein.

Who do I contact to be your friends on Coeurl?
100 Draenei Paladin
06/21/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Fluffy
I have always, no matter what game it is, what type, been obsessive. I'm always trying to max performance in some way, reading blogs, pouring over forums, judging other people, !@#$%ing and moaning about this and that and the other.

That's absolutely how I am, too.

I constantly remind myself that other people play the game differently and may not care about min/maxing, or don't take their own performance all that seriously, the game and their character really aren't a big deal to them - it's a game, they can play it differently, who cares as long as they're not in my guild or doing a real raid with me, and as long as they're not one of those TOTALLY useless people in LFR who just sits there AFK or trolls the crap out of people.

But I don't always succeed. :-P Just the nature of the beast.
90 Pandaren Monk
this dark legacy comic is SO relevant to some of my feelings about wow in particular and my gaming experience in general.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/1008xNx394.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sfWQR0p5NW.jpg

I rarely just relax and have fun. I am SO jealous of people who just log into wow and have fun and not care that they dont have gold or that some of their gear doesn't have an enchant or they missed the raid that night. Or hell, the 7.5 mill ppl who maybe have never raided at all. Like. They are totally happy and content being below average in terms of completion and success and seeing things. They don't even KNOW that they suck at WoW and if they did know they wouldn't care.

So do they actually suck at it. I guess not...

I dunno. Sometimes I wish I was Donald. :P Because even though I suck at WoW now and never accomplish anything, I hate it and find the whole experience kind of unrewarding because I don't know how to just be casual and play for fun.

*channels Herm Edwards*

You play to win the game.
100 Goblin Shaman
So when's the next one gonna be named after me?

So, yesterdays entertainment in the real world:

Watching my two cats tree a squirrel.

I had no idea that squirrel's could scream (poor thing was scared to death).
90 Human Priest
I'd personally never take crit over mastery even if I were to stay in Serenity for an entire fight. On Dark Animus where a whopping 36% of my healing was from Renew (and only 3k short of ranking QQ), I still got rather good results from Echo of Light.

For 10m I go Int > Haste (to second breakpoint) > Spirit > Mastery > Crit and it seems to work out perfectly well.
Edited by Illucia on 6/21/2013 3:50 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
Also, isn't Flintte's name... well, Flintte?
90 Pandaren Shaman
Also, isn't Flintte's name... well, Flintte?

You are so right. My brain added a vowel for no reason. I have seriously been thinking Flinette for the entire time. Every time I see his post I read FlinEtte.

But it is indeed Flintte.

Huh.

Edit: So I fixed it!
Edited by Fluffy on 6/21/2013 4:16 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You are so right. My brain added a vowel for no reason. I have seriously been thinking Flinette for the entire time. Every time I see his post I read FlinEtte.

Huh.

I...am disappointed.

I thought Flinette was one of those people I never see, but other people know sort of so she was all mysterious and THEN I made the mental leap that maybe she is Flintte's long-lost twin sister, and they were going to find each other in the healing forums and talk about how different their lives were but gee whiz they have so much in common so you can tell that they are actually twins and they knew when something really crazy happened to the other Flin AND IT WOULD BE LIKE IN A WEIRD HALLMARK INTERNET MOVIE WITH LOTS OF CHOCOLATE.
90 Pandaren Priest

Huh.

I...am disappointed.

I thought Flinette was one of those people I never see, but other people know sort of so she was all mysterious and THEN I made the mental leap that maybe she is Flintte's long-lost twin sister, and they were going to find each other in the healing forums and talk about how different their lives were but gee whiz they have so much in common so you can tell that they are actually twins and they knew when something really crazy happened to the other Flin AND IT WOULD BE LIKE IN A WEIRD HALLMARK INTERNET MOVIE WITH LOTS OF CHOCOLATE.

This is seriously the best thing I've seen all day. WRITE ME A BOOK, DAMMIT.
90 Draenei Shaman
Evry/Tiriel/Illucia - ty for your responses!

(even Evry the Disc priest ;D )

Every bit of perspective will help me, as I'm a Disc priest through and through and don't have much of a knowledge of Holy to stand on for assessing our new recruit. Our RL has been a damn good Holy priest for us, but I'd rather not just be all "yes, Soterion. Of course, Soterion. Anything you say, Soterion" because what Soterion wants is discussion about the guy, not "well, you're the authority, Soterion - whatever you say is golden".

Plus I'd love to be a more flexible priest healer, so this is, like, research for Iritha too ;)
90 Human Priest
I really wish crit had some other type of function for Holy. I saw a suggestion a while back that was like... a chance on crit to gain a stack of Serendipity or something. That'd be beautiful.
90 Pandaren Priest
I really wish crit had some other type of function for Holy. I saw a suggestion a while back that was like... a chance on crit to gain a stack of Serendipity or something. That'd be beautiful.

But..but...it gives you a almost unnoticeable boost to Echo of Light!

Isn't that enough?!

>.<
100 Dwarf Priest
I don't know if Flinette has a recipe for fritters or not but I do enjoy alliteration, Flinette hasn't had a thread yet I don't think, and by george I couldn't stand not having one on a Friday.

Paula Dean's Corn Fritter recipe follows, I cannot condone the use of 'vegetable' oil.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cus self-rising cornmeal mix
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
Vegetable oil, for frying
Directions
Heat oil to 325 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Stir in butter and corn.

Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven, or use a deep-fryer. Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.

Ooh, I get another thread! I got General Flintte's Chicken a while back, but I guess that's fine. If you really don't want two threads named after the same character, you can always change it to Flintee. Or Flinete. Or Flinette. Or Flinttee. Or one of my dozen alts with the same naming theme.

And no, I don't have a fritters recipe, so thanks for posting one =) That looks delicious!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]