AB as alliance.

63 Human Rogue
GOLD MINES BRO! GOLD MINES!!!!! What more can really be said besides TEN PEOPLE AT GOLD MINES EVERY GAME! That is all. Needed to vent. Three hours for 400 rep is so cool.

Oh I almost forgot. Remove Gold Mines from the game. No matter how many times I tell people its a worthless node we still end up with 10 people swearing its the best base in the game. Remove gold mines. You cant tell a noob anything anyways so just remove it already.
Edited by Araxom on 6/25/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue
lol AB is the most ridiculously faction biased BG in the game

it's so easy for horde to get BS, Farm, and LM, and even easier for them to keep it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

it's so easy for horde to get BS, Farm, and LM, and even easier for them to keep it.

you are on some very powerful drugs
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
The alliance are very predictable. They send like their entire team to LM every game. Maybe thats why you lose, we know whats going to happen.
Edited by Kwizzlix on 6/22/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

AV would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
AV would like to have a word with you.

why? The map for AB is arguably stronger for Horde. I'm not sure it's game breaking (since I'm not sure if they made any alteration to the rated version), but then, I've mostly played Horde AB. Personally, if it's a defensive game, farm/BS/LM all the way.
If you struggle to hold those, it can be an issue.
Edited by Scylvendi on 6/22/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Most AB games I play Alliance always go LM instead of Mines. I usually go to Mines with a few Hordies, wipe the 3-4 Alliance (if that) that come to Mines and take it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Most AB games I play Alliance always go LM instead of Mines. I usually go to Mines with a few Hordies, wipe the 3-4 Alliance (if that) that come to Mines and take it.

Pretty much this. It's odd to see that many consistently going to mines. Bots maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Just wish there was a way to make objectives for a bg win more appealing , doesn't have much incentive to win it seems anymore
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I agree that FM, LM, BS are the best nodes to hold and the easiest to defend, but this favors Alliance. While Horde will cap Farm at the beginning, Alliance can usually get it pretty quickly. Once Alliance holds it, it is awful for Horde as dying at farm causes them to rez at the spawn point. This really makes the FM, LM, BS triangle tough for Horde.

Alliance should cap stables at first, but only take it back if it has to for the same reason. Spawning in Trollbane hurts the team.

This rezzing at the spawn is why Alliance should push Farm and Horde should push Stables. Rezzing miles from the action puts the team at a big disadvantage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can someone please fill me in please?

It favors Horde how exactly?

excluding Stables and Farm, each faction is able to get to LM, GM, and BS in time to prevent the other faction from completing a cap of the flag.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Just wish there was a way to make objectives for a bg win more appealing , doesn't have much incentive to win it seems anymore

Yea that's the fine line: give too much and you encourage bots. Give anything slightly below too much and a percentage of the customer base doesn't try.
As was shown when Tol Barad was win-traded a couple of years ago, the player-base (in general) will do as little as they can to reap the greatest rewards.

Personally, I try because I like winning. Oh, extra honour? ok thanks.

It favors Horde how exactly?

Only slightly (and it is arguable really). It's a combination of the road placement for Horde to get to farm/LM/BS. Plus a triangle is much easier to defend that an arc (LM/ST/Mine). Game breaking? Arguable.
Edited by Scylvendi on 6/22/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue
The alliance are very predictable. They send like their entire team to LM every game. Maybe thats why you lose, we know whats going to happen.

Really the only strong strategy for Alliance in AB is to zerg LM, because GM is worthless and BS is way easier for horde to get to at the start.

The three easiest bases to hold in AB are LM, BS, and Farm. This works out for horde because their spawn point provides easy access to these three bases, and they can move freely between these bases easily to counter any attempt by alliance to steal one.

Trying to hold them as Alliance is much harder because the horde spawn right behind farm, which means farm is always going to be under siege, making it much more difficult to send help to BS and LM since farm is constantly in danger of being lost.

I would say 75% of the AB games I play are 3 to 2 games where horde have LM, BS, and Farm.
It's the only BG with such a blatant bias that doesn't have any changeable variables (like track direction switching in SSM) or can't be solved by simply adjusting strategy (like AV. horde never backcap, derp).

AB is without a doubt the most imbalanced battleground.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
06/22/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Yeps
Really the only strong strategy for Alliance in AB is to zerg LM, because GM is worthless and BS is way easier for horde to get to at the start.

DK with Path of Frost.

How do.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
06/22/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Febreeze

DK with Path of Frost.

How do.

That would imply a map imbalance then.
Reply Quote
74 Troll Druid
This post made me laugh because I've observed this frustrating phenomenon myself on both factions. Actually, I'd say I see Horde send an overwhelming amount to GM more often than I see Alliance do so, as many Horde know Alliance typically swarms LM at the start. A lot of Horde have a defeatist attitude about attempting to control LM and if we do control it, they will often give it up in order to defend GM.

The worst is when you have somebody in chat arguing about how GM is as good as all the other bases simply because it accrues the same amount of resources as the others. While that's true, every other base is easier to defend, and you cannot really observe any opportunities to capture another base from GM (without using something like mind vision or far sight) nor are you really able to see enemy movement to assist with calling INCs for other bases from GM.

I agree the map is slightly imbalanced-- Horde have an advantage obtaining BS and Ally have one getting to LM.
Edited by Catpower on 6/22/2013 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

Yes and then we spend the rest of the BG trying to take farm and give up 1 or 2 other bases still trying to get farm. Alliance is Stupid in AB and every BG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]