AB as alliance.

100 Dwarf Rogue
06/22/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Febreeze
Really the only strong strategy for Alliance in AB is to zerg LM, because GM is worthless and BS is way easier for horde to get to at the start.

DK with Path of Frost.

How do.

Even if there's a DK with path at the start, trying to send backup from stables to BS is a much more difficult task than sending backup from farm to BS.

Horde can practically win AB within the first two minutes of the game. Keep one unsappable guard at farm, and then send the rest to LM and BS (usually more to LM since BS isn't always a viable goal for alliance at the start). Now you have the 3 best bases in the BG, with a spawn point right behind farm that prevents alliance from being able to do the same thing.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
lol AB is the most ridiculously faction biased BG in the game

it's so easy for horde to get BS, Farm, and LM, and even easier for them to keep it.

you are on some very powerful drugs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In the losses I have had at AB, I have noticed alliance zerg LM and take it.. then proceed to take farm. Once alliance have farm, it's almost a guaranteed win because most horde will fight there, and not even try to get flag back...then more come from BS, and fail miserably at farm. Then BS gets taken from us, and there you have it. Alliance have the best triangle ;) Have seen it happen many times.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
It's odd to see that many consistently going to mines. Bots maybe?
Reply Quote
19 Orc Warrior
It's likely she is talking about the lower level battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

... have you ever lost an Alterac Valley..., and don't lie
Reply Quote
97 Orc Shaman

it's so easy for horde to get BS, Farm, and LM, and even easier for them to keep it.

Do you also play Horde side and blame the losses on map imbalance? FFS, bring a DK, have a shaman water walk you.

And I'm surprised GM is the problem? I've never seen an Ally team hit it with 10, it's ALWAYS, LM.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
06/23/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Ðonovan

... have you ever lost an Alterac Valley..., and don't lie

AV only favors alliance if both sides rush to the end boss.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

And we all know that's what BOTH sides do. OFC most horde would rather take a quick loss to max their honor...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wtf? I guess people will complain about anything.

I've always thought of AB as the one BG that Bliz really got right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You do know Alliance can get to BS just as fast as the Horde if they have a DK or Shaman right?
So the only thing I will agree with you on is, Alliance needing some form of water walking or path of frost to get there as fast not being equitable.

It's so easy for Alliance to get Stables and Mine so if you get to BS as fast as Horde guess what that does? ZOMG it's balanced.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
06/23/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Jugaa

And we all know that's what BOTH sides do. OFC most horde would rather take a quick loss to max their honor...

That does not mean there is a map imbalance.

You do know Alliance can get to BS just as fast as the Horde if they have a DK or Shaman right?So the only thing I will agree with you on is, Alliance needing some form of water walking or path of frost to get there as fast not being equitable.

That means there is a minor map imbalance. Game-breaking? Eh.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Scylvendi
AV would like to have a word with you.

why? The map for AB is arguably stronger for Horde. I'm not sure it's game breaking (since I'm not sure if they made any alteration to the rated version), but then, I've mostly played Horde AB. Personally, if it's a defensive game, farm/BS/LM all the way.
If you struggle to hold those, it can be an issue.

They don't call it the "Iron Triangle" for nothing.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Scylvendi
Most AB games I play Alliance always go LM instead of Mines. I usually go to Mines with a few Hordies, wipe the 3-4 Alliance (if that) that come to Mines and take it.

Pretty much this. It's odd to see that many consistently going to mines. Bots maybe?

In the low levels (at least this weekend) it seems that there have been a lot of Alliance going to GM. Still more go to LM, as usual, but as a person who goes to the mine generally to avoid the cluster that is LM, I've noticed more Alliance going there.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/22/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Bitis
each faction is able to get to LM, GM, and BS

No horde can reach BS significantly faster unless you have a Death Knight alliance side for water walking.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
each faction is able to get to LM, GM, and BS

No horde can reach BS significantly faster unless you have a Death Knight alliance side for water walking.

Horde will get there slightly faster, but not enough time to cap the flag. You know how I know this? I usually go BS as gates open every time.

If an Alliance player actually ever decides to go to BS (rare) they prevent me from capping every time unless they get blown up in seconds (rare).

The problem isn't "Horde get their faster". The problem is Alliance send all their team to LM every game. It's very predictable.

Every game I do the same thing. I cap BS or let a teammate, and I continue on to stables. Jump the cliff. Land on the shore. Usually stables is unguarded because (and get this) Alliance all went to LM. Easy to 2 caps.
Edited by Bitis on 6/24/2013 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
If an Alliance player actually ever decides to go to BS (rare) they prevent me from capping every time unless they get blown up in seconds (rare).

If 1-2 horde run PAST the flag, they can cc any alliance before they get the chance to interrupt a 3rd horde capping.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
In the low levels (at least this weekend) it seems that there have been a lot of Alliance going to GM. Still more go to LM, as usual, but as a person who goes to the mine generally to avoid the cluster that is LM, I've noticed more Alliance going there.

Perhaps. I played a few on my priest and went to mine for something different (I actually prefer to sit at LM and call incs- since many refuse to call), and I suppose I saw more going there.
I'll take your word for it. Some games many went, some games, almost none went.
At 90 I almost never see that.

Usually stables is unguarded because (and get this) Alliance all went to LM. Easy to 2 caps.

Why does that surprise you? Horde will have done the same thing. By the time you cap ST, Alliance have capped farm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]