A BIG CHANGE!!! Thank you Blizz

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So for my fellow tanks who have not yet been on the updated PTR notes there was a big change posted that not really affects the way we tank but makes it easier.

All taunt type abilities now increase all threat generated against the target while the taunt is active by 200%.

This helps SO MUCH for those who would simple have trouble taking aggro of there tank partner who has a higher TPS due to a list of possible circumstances.

This change helps with the issues of bosses that hit hard and give one tank a massive amount of Vengeance.

Finally it fixes the issue with tanks like DKs who take massive amounts of damage and simply heal ourselves as mitigation thus having a naturally high TPS.

I hope you all are as happy whit this change as I am.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I would also like to add I love this change as a hunter for it will make pet tanking much easier, seeing as growl doesn't work on some bosses these days...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm pretty happy about this. Waiting to see the vengeance nerf though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Why are we talking about taunts and how it affects tanks in the damage dealing forum?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Why would they nerf Vengeance? It's the major driver behind the scaling of some AM abilities and tank DPS, and they've long since stated that they aren't designing threat to be compelling anymore.

Unless you're holding out hope for something that isn't gonna happen, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/21/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Serinicas

Why would they nerf Vengeance? It's the major driver behind the scaling of some AM abilities and tank DPS, and they've long since stated that they aren't designing threat to be compelling anymore.

Unless you're holding out hope for something that isn't gonna happen, of course.

Blizzard announced on his twitter just before 5.3 that they planned to nerf vengeance by limiting the amount of attack power the tank can gain from 100% of health as AP to 30% in 10m and 50% in 25's to discourage people from the idea of one tanking content that's meant to be two tanked just for extremely high dps numbers from the tank. You can look on WoL and see fights like Tortos where people have solo tanked it doing some 500k+ as a tank and they're not happy about that.

Btw why is this on the DDF forums?
Reply Quote
Btw why is this on the DDF forums?

DDF. -snickers-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]