HEY PALADINS! Do you like POLEARMS!?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey guys, just strolling in here performing an informal survey. Don't mind the Death Knight behind the curtain. I SWEAR I'm only here to spread a LITTLE bit of corruption.

...No? Well maybe I should just get down to business. I am on a crusade of sorts, I seek something that hurts nobody and benefits what I HOPE is a decent sized population of the game. I'm sure you've already figured it out by the title. What do I want? Strength Polearms. When do I want them? Eventually, and it may come very soon with some numbers.

I've already posted in the DK and Warrior forums as we are the only 3 classes that would be affected by this. Do you guys have a Polearm that you LOVE but can't use because it has Agility on it? Well there is hope!

Fury

Titan’s Grip now works with polearms.

This change, this one right here opened the door. This is coming in 5.4. Now, if we could get Blizzard to make more Strength Polearms in PvE, and a PvP one as well, we could have more weapon variety in terms of transmogs. Or at the very least, if they allowed us to mog Polearms over Two-Handed Axes, Swords, and Maces? It wouldn't require any new itemization for them, and would hurt nobody.

Recently, Warlocks received a major nerf to the ability Kil'Jaeden's Cunning. There was a MASSIVE outcry, and they got this change revoked (sort of). What did I learn? Blizzard (contrary to popular belief) DOES listen to their player-base. If we get enough ground on this, we could very well have this nice little bonus thrown in next patch. All you have to do is lend your voice.

tl;dr, do you like Polearms? If so, post here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If it has haste or is just a plain upgrade from weapon damage, then yes.
Reply Quote
Yes please.
Reply Quote
Glad to hear it you two! For you and all others interested please support the thread located at:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344334744#1

OR post here, we can make this happen. WE HAVE THE POWAH'!
Edited by Reynic on 6/21/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Don't particularly have a problem with them. I prefer Swords and Maces not only for my racial perk but also because they feel more Paladin-esque than an Axe or Polearm, but I don't have a problem with Polearms specifically.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Not until polearms can be transmogged into swords. I've been stuck with a polearm all tier. Don't like it.
Reply Quote
Not until polearms can be transmogged into swords. I've been stuck with a polearm all tier. Don't like it.

That is EXACTLY what I am asking for, give us the ability to cross mog them. If someone likes Polearms? They can use one! If someone like you hates them? You don't have to use one!

This is for people who love Polearms, people who hate them, or people who are indifferent but don't have a problem with it. Honestly, this hurts NOBODY.
Reply Quote
Just be patient.

I am being patient my friend, but I am also being proactive. Starting some forum topics about it will do no harm, and may cause it to happen sooner. If I sit idly by it may happen, or it may not. But as long as there is a CHANCE that my actions can aid the outcome, even if just a slight amount? Then it is more than worth my time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Id love a decent polearm. Already got the mog I want for it. The random drop from sunwell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You have my vote ... but I am watching you and have Cleanse ready!
Reply Quote
You have my vote ... but I am watching you and have Cleanse ready!

C'MON MAN JUST ONE OUTBREAK! I NEED MY FIX!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/signed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I got my heroic DS polearm ready to make some druids cry!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You realize there is already a str polerarm in 5.2 right? Sure it's really rare, but when haven't we gotten shafted with difficult to obtain BiS 2h weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
he wants more strength polearms and/or the ability to transmog polearms onto his swords and maces
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Don't particularly have a problem with them. I prefer Swords and Maces not only for my racial perk but also because they feel more Paladin-esque than an Axe or Polearm, but I don't have a problem with Polearms specifically.

On that line of thought, I've always felt that polearms fit the image of draenei and blood elf paladins far more than human, dwarven, or tauren varieties. I'd definitely use a polearm if it had appropriate stats.

Here's to the hope that, one day, the Heroic Scenario bag will net me a strength polearm with haste and mastery.
Reply Quote
I actually got a str pole arm this expac in one of the senarios too bad it was before heroic was added I sold it.

Also I was reading something not to long ago that they want to be able to add those into the 2 handed xmog with warriors getting duel wield on polearms we might get them as xmog soon
Edited by Leodin on 6/23/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When I'm ret, I don't use 'em.
Reply Quote
I could finally use my http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/19874 which does not drop anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]