Solo Sarth 3D 10?

90 Human Paladin
Hi!

I've seen videos and read many posts from people who have solo'd Sarth 3D on 10 man, but I am having a rough time with it.

I'm using Flask of Winter's Bite, Potion of Mogu Power, and Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp, along with BoM. I'm also making sure SS and Inquisition is up, and using all my cooldowns (both offensive and defensive). I can only get in one Execution Sentence. On my last attempt I was at about 43k dps.

I can get him to about 10%, and that's it. It's so frustrating to get that close! Sarth himself isn't bad, it's Tenebron that is killing me. His melee is hitting for 50k, and his shadow breath for close to 70k.

My ilvl is a bit low (455), I wondering if that's the issue? I'm also way under hit cap, but I wasn't finding too many misses either.

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
its almost certainly your gear, getting sarth 3drakes is all about ending the fight asap

if you cant burst it down by the time the 3 drakes are there its likely a wipe as once the drake that opens the portal comes and makes one you effectively reset the fight

for comparison, im basically where you are at with os 25 3d

i think i got to like 10% or so, i also only tried once

after a few upgrades it should be doable
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol seriously? its easy...go in clear trash if you really want i can do it with out clearing trash...burst dps GG sarth is down...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
are you always this much of a douche? or is today just a special occasion?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am a douche on any day that ends with Y..oh look its ThursdaY ...guess im a douche. problems?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, you don't get to decide something's easy then berate anyone who isn't as awesome at soloing old content as you are, because that really matters.

How about you just slither back into your hole and let the people who want to give advice give it
Edited by Iliriel on 6/20/2013 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
40k dps at 455 is still bad how are you bursting??
(Heres where i help)

Burst like this
Pre pot
guardian
exe
wings
3 hp
inq
then follow your rotation on how you do it

with wings up it should be a HP filler then hammer every other one.

if your having trouble with the Ret rotation try download CLCRET addon
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
also if your planning to pve i would change your talents

FoJ is always better imo....dont use repentence

SS is more so for tanks...if your needing to spam SS your doing something wrong. go SH instant FoL casts are way better imo and its just makes you live loner

Holy avenger is garbage compare to AW....AW all the way man...trust me its a huge DPS boost!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
its almost certainly your gear, getting sarth 3drakes is all about ending the fight asap

if you cant burst it down by the time the 3 drakes are there its likely a wipe as once the drake that opens the portal comes and makes one you effectively reset the fight

for comparison, im basically where you are at with os 25 3d

i think i got to like 10% or so, i also only tried once

after a few upgrades it should be doable

Thank you for the response!

I know my gear is lacking in a few areas, I've avoided doing any heroics up until now, as I'm only ret for everyday stuff - everything else is done as holy. The amount of qq that follows when someone rolls for 'offspec' gear is nauseating, and I've been avoiding it like the plague. -_-

Like I said, I can burst him down to about 10%, but when Tenebron is there, it's just too much.

I suppose at this point, I'll need to invest in some upgrades. :)

Thank you again!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I remember soloing that at the end of Cataclysm in Raid Finder gear. I'd recommend you getting another person, I imagine your DPS is probably only -just- off, and a second set of hands is easier to get than farming Heroics for gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember soloing that at the end of Cataclysm in Raid Finder gear. I'd recommend you getting another person, I imagine your DPS is probably only -just- off, and a second set of hands is easier to get than farming Heroics for gear.

It is very close. Perhaps I was having an off night, it was the first time I had attempted it, and after many, many wipes, and a ton of repair bills, I thought I'd seek some advice. I may try tweaking my talents and glyphs and try again, or wait until I get a couple of upgrades and head back.

Thank you for the reply!
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Pre pot
guardian
exe
wings
3 hp
inq

If "exe" is supposed to be "Execution Sentence," you're doing it horribly, horribly wrong. Please, find a corner and stay in it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Pre pot
guardian
exe
wings
3 hp
inq

If "exe" is supposed to be "Execution Sentence," you're doing it horribly, horribly wrong. Please, find a corner and stay in it.

inb4 lvl1 alt you're bad show your main blah blah blah.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
inb4 lvl1 alt you're bad show your main blah blah blah.

Oi! I'm level five on this guy, now, thank you very much!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
One big problem with the proposed starting burst rotation is that you're wasting the Execution Sentence when you have only a few stacks of Ancient Power, no wings, and no Inquisition.

A better start would be something like:

Potion of Mogu Power (before combat starts)
Exorcism
Inquisition (1 HP)
get into melee range
Guardian of Ancient Kings
normal rotation while you wait 10 seconds for 20 stacks of Ancient Power to build
refresh Inquisition
Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger
Execution Sentence
normal rotation....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Burst like this
Pre pot
guardian
exe
wings
3 hp
inq

Don't do this kind of help anymore. I know you read it somewhere and think it's neato, but god is it awful.

Nor is sanctified wrath a "huge" dps boost over holy avenger. It's really not small, and if you're looking at zerging something like sarth in a burst window, HA is better. Sacred shield is also not bad for things like that, you can put it up before you pull and aren't using that gcd during your burst to heal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I can do 10 3D Drake but haven't been able to solo it 25 man. My Ret gear is only PvP though so I expect that to be the main problem.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
OS3d25 is the only one I have attempted to solo, several months at about the mid-point of T14. Managed to get him to...30%-ish? In last tier's LFR gear. It's a severe DPS check, but it is possible.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I can do 10 3D Drake but haven't been able to solo it 25 man. My Ret gear is only PvP though so I expect that to be the main problem.

I've done it, so it's possible. I think I had 160k DPS to get him down before the immune phase(I can't remember exactly, it was awhile ago).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]