Revival seems too easy and powerful.

90 Dwarf Shaman
Seeing mw monks end lfr with top heals, and 1/2 of those heals from revival makes me wonder if it's just too damn easy or powerful.

not to mention the free mass multi-dispel.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It is LFR... shields will outshine everything, instants outshine cast times, and there isn't enough damage for six healers who are awake, in healing spec, in healing gear, and actively trying.

If there is a big damage hit and people took damage because someone didn't have the whole raid shielded, revival will look like a rock star heal.

There are downsides to the mass dispel attached though. A single affliction warlock with a reflected unstable affliction (or unstable affliction on a previously MCed target) makes using your raid cooldown (because you need mass healing) lock you out of all nature spells (so you can't do any more healing.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Seeing mw monks end lfr with top heals, and 1/2 of those heals from revival makes me wonder if it's just too damn easy or powerful.

It's a 3 minute "Oh crap" button; that doesn't make it overpowered. Trust me, MW can't spam it- a good MW will know when to use it. A lot of MW's in LFR don't ever use it right.

Think of it as a MW version of cleansing totem cooked into an instant HTT. The cleanse is really only good for one fight right now.

Would you rather no classes have an emergency Uh-oh or a raid wide healing cooldown?
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/20/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

06/20/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Tehfist
Seeing mw monks end lfr with top heals, and 1/2 of those heals from revival

Seeing mw monks end lfr

lfr

I found your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I didn't even know LFR health levels went low enough for a good revival.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

Durumu when all the bads are standing in/running through the purple goo is about it. Maybe Tortos if your group is full of fails that stand in the blue cicles of doom instead of getting out like they should.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Durumu about halfway through the maze it's usually 100% effective healing and can sometimes double my healing done to that point.

But it's LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is easy but not overly powerful. Most raid wide +HPS are HoTs as opposed to an instant. It just looks real good when used at the right time becuase the spike is silly.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
06/20/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Linnelle

Durumu when all the bads are standing in/running through the purple goo is about it. Maybe Tortos if your group is full of fails that stand in the blue cicles of doom instead of getting out like they should.

Horridon- I use it there.

First when the poison is out (since no one believes in interrupts 50% of the time), and then when the really big troll guy comes out (yes, his name eludes me at the moment) on his AoE damage.

It is easy but not overly powerful. Most raid wide +HPS are HoTs as opposed to an instant. It just looks real good when used at the right time becuase the spike is silly.

^ this. Revival is basically a huge spike heal.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/20/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
LFR is a snipe fest. Smart/instant cast heals will always be on top for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Let's nerf Revival because of LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
didn't even know LFR health levels went low enough for a good revival.

I lol'd. Too true.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Logs or it didn't happen!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Let's nerf Revival because of LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]