Implement minimum item level for 90 bgs!!

100 Orc Shaman
.....if people know how to counter dungeons, then it seems like there wouldnt be a use for min itemlevel requirement. Skill>gear right?

A person in a pvp setting that's 430 item level literally brings nothing at all to the team other than a meat shield and whatever CCs they might have.

And I've seen plenty of full Tyr players bring less than that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
To prevent this http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/EmeraldEmperor/media/WoWScrnShot_062113_014248-Copy.jpg.html

I've seen this on MORE than 1 occasion and it's beyond dumb. This person wore it the entire match (along with other low level gear) and even asked me "wut, you dun like my hammer??"
This should be addressed as I can't imagine the implementation of a required minimum item level (or the reverse of just not allowing any items BELOW a minimum) would be difficult.

Posts like these make me wish they would implement a minimum IQ requirement to post on the forums.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Right ..............

let's see.

Tyrannical geared player
+ 80k more hit points
+ 30%ish pvp power

You're right, I can totally see how they bring less. /facepalm
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
06/21/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Bitis

Right ..............

let's see.

Tyrannical geared player
+ 80k more hit points
+ 30%ish pvp power

You are either a horrible troll, or a complete moron.

I'm not sure which.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/21/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Killadrix

Right ..............

let's see.

Tyrannical geared player
+ 80k more hit points
+ 30%ish pvp power

I'm not sure which.

Maybe you were being too subtle.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

I'm not sure which.

Maybe you were being too subtle.

Yeah, ok. Maybe you're right.

I guess I can proceed with less douchy-ness working under the assumption the guy legitimately doesn't understand my point.

My point: people piss and moan about the occasional undergeared player on their team while paying no mind to the 5 full Tyr geared people who let the enemy flag carrier run by them in the middle because they are too busy farming hk's/kb's.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I dont think punishing players with huge queue times is right as a reward for their efforts in obtaining better gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You're right....blizzard should make a min effort requirement for BGs ......

Why bother responding about something that will never be remotely "fixed". It's out of anyone's hands to control. People getting into BGs with gear my level 86 has equipped CAN be controlled.

The people geared like that are literally useless.

Your argument about full Tyrannical players ignoring strategy and farming HKs does not compare. As I said, it cannot be controlled. More to the point, if you have a group of geared players literally farming HKs, then more than likely your team is going to win anyways while the other team is constantly ressing....................in 10 mans at least.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
if you have a group of geared players literally farming HKs, then more than likely your team is going to win anyways while the other team is constantly ressing....................in 10 mans at least.

You would be surprised....
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
You're right....blizzard should make a min effort requirement for BGs ......

Why bother responding about something that will never be remotely "fixed". It's out of anyone's hands to control. People getting into BGs with gear my level 86 has equipped CAN be controlled.

The people geared like that are literally useless.

Your argument about full Tyrannical players ignoring strategy and farming HKs does not compare. As I said, it cannot be controlled. More to the point, if you have a group of geared players literally farming HKs, then more than likely your team is going to win anyways while the other team is constantly ressing....................in 10 mans at least.

Ok, let's look at the things Blizzard can reasonably control in order to improve the general battleground experience:

1) Role checks to balance healers (in the game, not quite working)
2) Ilvl checks to ensure one team doesn't outgear the other
3) Premades only fight other premades
4) Map imbalances: Blizzard can mirror every map

Hey, that sounds fantastic!

We've just controlled every variable we can possibly control WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG NOW?

...Oh yeah, we now get to sit in queue for an hour waiting for a BG to pop, AND PEOPLE ARE STILL IGNORING OBJECTIVES AND FIGHTING IN THE MIDDLE AND LOSING GAMES.

Stupid people lose far more BG's than undergeared people, it's just easier to blame the undergeared people.
Edited by Killadrix on 6/21/2013 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
It's funny, I'm reading this as I see a DK on my team with warglaives... yeah

thanks bud.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/21/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Killadrix
440ilv same as for heroic dungeons.

So for Heroic dungeons you can run regular dungeons to level up your ilvl.

What PVP environments can you participate in to level up your PVP ilvl.

And no, crafted gear is not a reasonable answer.

Umm...Wintergrasp and Tol Barad are two good starting places....you forgot about those huh?
PLUS Justice Point conversion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's not like honor gear is worth working for anyway. Since blizzard seems to want PVE players to do well in battlegrounds I don't see why there shouldn't be an ilvl requirement.

Killadrix, you need to seriously shut up. This is a good idea.

440ilvl, same as heroic dungeons sounds about right. There is normal dungeons and scenarios to gear up to a pretty terrible but at least capable level. I am sick of seeing players who think they can still PVP in Cataclysmic and Ruthless gladiators gear at 90. THAT is a problem.

In game skill/behaviour is a completely different topic Killadrix, go troll some other forum.
Reply Quote
I am sick of seeing players who think they can still PVP in Cataclysmic and Ruthless gladiators gear at 90. THAT is a problem.

I agree with you on that. Randoms are for gearing, but come on. That's just pure laziness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to institute a scaling system. Perhaps scale all gear up to 450 (8 less than crafted) in PvP instanced area.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to institute a scaling system. Perhaps scale all gear up to 450 (8 less than crafted) in PvP instanced area.

I love how you mentioned this.

I think they should have implemented this before they stripped resil off the gear and scaled the gear down.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

That would work too.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
06/21/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Cayse
And like Zentie above said, I've seen players in greens and blues standing at our Honor vendor for several days just running bgs over and over and NEVER buying honor gear. After a few days, I inspect them, still in the same crappy greens, still entering random bgs. They're just trolling bgs in terrible gear, not contributing just to farm honor for motes etc..

Those are bots. They're botting for honor to make gold.

Take down their names, open a ticket, and explain fully - -with dates/times -- what you saw them doing at the Honor vendor.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
It's not like honor gear is worth working for anyway. Since blizzard seems to want PVE players to do well in battlegrounds I don't see why there shouldn't be an ilvl requirement.

Killadrix, you need to seriously shut up. This is a good idea.

440ilvl, same as heroic dungeons sounds about right. There is normal dungeons and scenarios to gear up to a pretty terrible but at least capable level. I am sick of seeing players who think they can still PVP in Cataclysmic and Ruthless gladiators gear at 90. THAT is a problem.

In game skill/behaviour is a completely different topic Killadrix, go troll some other forum.

I'm not trolling.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there are probably 50 different reasons that BG's suck and singling this idea out and thinking it will make any difference will do nothing but penalize fresh 90's.
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Warrior
BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up.

i was about to make this thread. the problem is that ppl like THIS think BGs are for gearing up BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO LVL REQ. if u put a lvl req ppl would stop doing this.

with resil cahnges in 5.3 gear really only brings ur HP up, u still take the same amount of dmg, but ur offense is poop. literally poop ur a joke until around 480IL. at lvl 84, rare mobs and rare BOE items can push u over 440 before u even hit lvl 90 at all

and its not just /snicker at some poor dude with 320k hp, its like, half the team all the time. the NPC's dont feel the weight in the backs from all the carrying, players do.

i feel its disrepsectful to your team when u pvp to "gear up", when u can just as well hit a couple raid finders and gear up, inargueably faster, and bring MUCH MUCH more to the table when u decide to grind out that pvp set.

pvper's have historically done this to gear up for pve and pve'ers cried about it until pvp power was implimented, so its time for the pve'ers to take the high road and not sink to "that level"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]