Implement minimum item level for 90 bgs!!

90 Undead Warlock
when u can just as well hit a couple raid finders and gear up

Not everyone wants to, or should have to raid just to do some randoms...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
06/23/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Ninjaboy
BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up.

i was about to make this thread. the problem is that ppl like THIS think BGs are for gearing up BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO LVL REQ. if u put a lvl req ppl would stop doing this.

with resil cahnges in 5.3 gear really only brings ur HP up, u still take the same amount of dmg, but ur offense is poop. literally poop ur a joke until around 480IL. at lvl 84, rare mobs and rare BOE items can push u over 440 before u even hit lvl 90 at all

and its not just /snicker at some poor dude with 320k hp, its like, half the team all the time. the NPC's dont feel the weight in the backs from all the carrying, players do.

i feel its disrepsectful to your team when u pvp to "gear up", when u can just as well hit a couple raid finders and gear up, inargueably faster, and bring MUCH MUCH more to the table when u decide to grind out that pvp set.

pvper's have historically done this to gear up for pve and pve'ers cried about it until pvp power was implimented, so its time for the pve'ers to take the high road and not sink to "that level"

Read this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344334632

Random BG's aren't mean to be competitive, nor can they be, nor will they be, nor should they be.

If you want a more balanced BG PVP experience, that is what Rated BG's are for, but let me guess - you don't like Rated PVP?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Random BG's aren't mean to be competitive, nor can they be, nor will they be, nor should they be.

If you want a more balanced BG PVP experience, that is what Rated BG's are for
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's not like honor gear is worth working for anyway. Since blizzard seems to want PVE players to do well in battlegrounds I don't see why there shouldn't be an ilvl requirement.

Killadrix, you need to seriously shut up. This is a good idea.

440ilvl, same as heroic dungeons sounds about right. There is normal dungeons and scenarios to gear up to a pretty terrible but at least capable level. I am sick of seeing players who think they can still PVP in Cataclysmic and Ruthless gladiators gear at 90. THAT is a problem.

In game skill/behaviour is a completely different topic Killadrix, go troll some other forum.

I'm not trolling.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there are probably 50 different reasons that BG's suck and singling this idea out and thinking it will make any difference will do nothing but penalize fresh 90's.

Battlegrounds represent the majority of the PVP playerbase, translated to PVE this would be about heroic dungeon to raidfinder level. It's straightforward, there is little coordination or pressure, skill isn't generally required and there is a wide range of gear levels.

In my opinion saying fresh 90s should be able to join battlegrounds is like saying fresh 90s should be able to join heroic dungeons and raidfinder, which they can't without purchased gear or actually trying to gear up through the provided methods which I think is fair.

Since blizzard has given everyone 65% resil I think nobody has any excuse to come into a battleground with a half decent level of PVE gear just as you would expect in a heroic dungeon or raidfinder. I mean who would want to feel completely gimped and powerless in the battleground?

I honestly wish pvp gear starting with honor gear had more value attached to it so people didn't just consider it gear for fresh 90s gained by suiciding through battleground losses simply because they can't make a positive difference let alone be bothered trying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/23/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Abracadaver
Battlegrounds represent the majority of the PVP playerbase, translated to PVE this would be about heroic dungeon to raidfinder level.

Lol no, random BGs are not like heroic dungeon to raidfinder level. Random BGs are the stepping stone till you get enough gear to do RBGs. Just because the majority of people do random BGs does not equate them to any heroic/raid level...
Reply Quote
81 Undead Priest
We don't want longer queue times. If alliance wants to come play in trash grey gear, that's great!

I say they just need to focus on removing bots etc.

I'm all for some kind of system that could possibly match item level and class composition between teams but they have tried in the past and it never seems to work. It's most important to keep the Q times low first, then focus on the improvements from there.

It's definitely more fun when the stars align and you actually get a really fun, close game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
This should be addressed as I can't imagine the implementation of a required minimum item level (or the reverse of just not allowing any items BELOW a minimum) would be difficult.

Totaly agree, but...

1 - The minimum shouldnt be too high. Fresh level 90 just need to do a couple of quests to be using full level 400+ gear. The screenshot OP showed is an insult to everyone trying to have fun. Blizzard should remember that we cant just kick someone like in a dungeons.

However, despite the fact 400+ item level be fair, it´s still too low if we remember there are 496 Tyranical guys out there. So...

2 - The solutioin is spliting random BGs in two.

How:
a) Double the queue time to start matches. This will make the system have the double of ready players waiting in both sides;
b) Order all ready queued players in two teams per faction (total of 4 teams: two alliance and two horde). One match will be played by the teams with people with better item level. The other, with players with the worse average item level.

How to dont let people exploit this:

At the moment people queue, the game must forbid them of changing gear. No matter if people have nice or worse gear in their bags. They will be forced to play with whatever they were wearing in the moment they queued. Otherwise players would queue with low level gear and would replace this inside the BG.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
How:
a) Double the queue time to start matches. This will make the system have the double of ready players waiting in both sides;
b) Order all ready queued players in two teams per faction (total of 4 teams: two alliance and two horde). One match will be played by the teams with people with better item level. The other, with players with the worse average item level.

And watch the queue times skyrocket while we all wait for games which are no more competitive than we have now.

Good one!
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Warrior

Read this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344334632

If you want a more balanced BG PVP experience, that is what Rated BG's are for, but let me guess - you don't like Rated PVP?

thats not at all the point. blizz can call the sky yellow if they want, it doesnt make it yellow

just like twinks will nvr die.

just like all pvp is competitive. non-competitive pvp is NOT an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp, or intolerant gay, its absolute. i cant control that, i didnt make humans, whatever God you chose did, and he made us all competitive at everything.

but that is about half my point. how many of these undergeared players do u think have geared alts or mains? my gues is more than half. these ppl should know better. im not gonna freak on 1 undergeared guy but when its the opposite and im the only geared guy i should be able to freak.

i spent time and gold preparing to enter my first BG at lvl 90, that is neccesary for success. it is not neccesary for success in a pve environment. by that simple, flawless logic, pvp should have a minimum lvl req.

FURTHERMORE half of pvp power's intent was to help curb the amount of pvp gear in pve because pve'ers alongside with blizzard did not like players being able to Q for end game pve content straight out of a bg or arena. this is the opposite side of that exact same coin and the only logical response to NOT putting and item lvl req on isntanced pvp is to equate pvp power into some form of pve stat....which is a #$%^ty direction to go in if ur trying to help EITHER pvp or pve.....
Edited by Ninjaboy on 6/23/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
06/23/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Ninjaboy
FURTHERMORE half of pvp power's intent was to help curb the amount of pvp gear in pve because pve'ers alongside with blizzard did not like players being able to Q for end game pve content straight out of a bg or arena.

This makes you stupid
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
thats not at all the point. blizz can call the sky yellow if they want, it doesnt make it yellow

Actually, this is EXACTLY THE POINT.

You people piss and moan and complain for random BG's to be competitive all day long on these forums, COMPLETELY IGNORING the fact that a competitive PVP environment is available to you, but you choose to not participate in it.

Many of you say that you will wait in "longer queues" for "more competitive PVP", but won't take THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME to join an RBG group so you can have exactly what you are looking for - competitive PVP.

The problem is that too many of you are too stubborn, too lazy, too dumb, too scared or too antisocial to participate in a system which is designed to give you exactly what you want.

Or maybe most of you just don't want to be accountable for actually working as a part of a team, and are afraid that your teammates will find out that you are spec'd, gemmed, reforged, glyphed or enchanted wrong. Or that you keyboard turn. Or don't use a focus macro. Or you click. Or have zero situation awareness. Or really just aren't that good altogether.

Maybe it's just easier to feel good about yourself rolling badders and bots all day long, so nobody has to learn you dirty little secret, so instead of actually airing your dirty laundry you can sit on the forums all day and encourage Blizzard to slowly turn random BG's into Rated BG's with zero accountability so you can continue to live your lie.
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Warrior
lets remember PVE'ers were the ones that begged for rated bgs. remember? it was supposed to help with premades?

im not even saying that randoms should be about competition, but what is it about ONLY gear why have it then? especially if those same ppl stop pvping once they get the gear? they can cut themselves for all i care
Edited by Ninjaboy on 6/23/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
lets remember PVE'ers were the ones that begged for rated bgs. remember? it was supposed to help with premades?

Source
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
an ilvl that breaks up the majority of level 90 pvpers would affect queue times

the number of people that queue with level 20 weapons, or even with level 85 pvp gear is a tiny tiny portion and excluding them wouldnt hurt queue times much if at all.

yes its such a tiny portion that we should just ignore it. but damn its frustrating when you have time for one bg on a given night and you log in and have an !@#$%^ wearing stuff from previous expansions.

there is no reason lvl 90 content cant be gated behind an extremely forgiving ilvl. like i mentioned just make it like ilvl 416. that would rule out cata gear and include all mop gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
06/23/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Jugaa
Battlegrounds represent the majority of the PVP playerbase, translated to PVE this would be about heroic dungeon to raidfinder level.

Lol no, random BGs are not like heroic dungeon to raidfinder level. Random BGs are the stepping stone till you get enough gear to do RBGs. Just because the majority of people do random BGs does not equate them to any heroic/raid level...

Right and if RBG's are meant to be the PVP equivalent of normal to heroic mode raiding then that is one heck of a huge stepping stone that I would like to push you off.

There needs to be some entry requirement to random battlegrounds to stop trolls joining for a free rides. Even better, set up a 2 stage battleground system to segregate the under-geared. I know it won't happen though because Blizzard has little regard for PVP as proven by the last patch.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
There needs to be some entry requirement to random battlegrounds to stop trolls joining for a free rides. Even better, set up a 2 stage battleground system to segregate the under-geared. I know it won't happen though because Blizzard has little regard for PVP as proven by the last patch.

The BG queues need everyone with a pulse queuing into the same queue, not two separate queues.

Yes, this includes the trolls and the undergeared.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
06/24/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Killadrix

The BG queues need everyone with a pulse queuing into the same queue, not two separate queues.

Well maybe if PVP was a bit more rewarding and worthwhile, more serious players would be joining.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
06/24/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Abracadaver

Well maybe if PVP was a bit more rewarding and worthwhile, more serious players would be joining.

I suggest that they add premade non rated bgs just like rated so you only face premade vs premade to get honor or you have an option to solo que with the general public. this would give the oQueue bashers a rest, make the premade community happy and keep the loner/solo quers content as well.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
06/24/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Abracadaver

I don't disagree with you.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
I've done a WSG with Rez sickness and I was the FC. I carried it back all 3 times. Sometimes people just want a challenge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]