How much DPS do you do?

90 Human Paladin
I'm asking this primarily from people around the 502-510 level, because that's where I'm at. How much dps are you doing on most fights? I'd like to know where I stand in relation to all you other lovely morsels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On a fight where I'm mostly just hitting one target, no aoe and no mechanics that directly increase my damage. Let's use Megaera on raid finder for example

I'd say on average I do around 140k dps by the time the boss dies.
At the beginning of a fight I'm almost always starting my burst out with 280k-320k dps depending on what crits.

I don't use flasks in LFR
Edited by Tarvoz on 6/22/2013 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well i just started raiding with this guy in my teams alt raid. i only have two boss kills that arent very helpful in this post. but in lfr where i can just sit on a boss. flask, prepot and all i pull about 150-160k if i do everything correct in the priority queue and time my ES correctly.

edit.
ah crap didnt read the ilv tied to the OP's question.
518 ilv is what im currently at
Edited by Newdäwn on 6/22/2013 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I removed recount and never looked back.

ohhh the freedom!!

I duno? Never been kicked.
Edited by Palastorm on 6/22/2013 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm at 505, so right about where you're looking. My AoE rotation varies wildly, but is usually extremely high. The single target DPS for extended mechanics tends to sit right around 120-140k. Like Tarvoz, I don't bother with flasks and such, I just don't see the need in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No offense meant, I'm... dubious... at some of these numbers. As someone who raids (and ranks on) normals and heroics the DPS numbers here seem on the high side for ~505-510 gear, especially if not flasking and potting. If you're really pulling 140K single target, no cheesing mechanics, with no flask, no potions and in 505-510ish gear... hats off to you. You are beyond exceptional. But then again maybe in LFR with full on tunnelling and ignoring mechanics it could be possible...

@OP You have BIS (well, the LFR versions) of trinkets (Fabled Feather) which is good, weapon is pretty good as well compared to LFR 502 weaps. Consider yourself pretty good if you're pulling 125-130k on a single target fight with raid buffs/flask/pots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@wristlock

Don't forget about the possibility of Determination stacks. And fights might last shorter, meaning the burst phases have more of an impact in averaging out total dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
@wristlock

Don't forget about the possibility of Determination stacks. And fights might last shorter, meaning the burst phases have more of an impact in averaging out total dps.

You are probably right. I was commenting that the estimates were simply too high so that the OP doesn't get the wrong idea.

The community has a habit of inflating their previous DPS (like I recall a thread where many posters claimed to be doing 80K sustained DPS as a fresh level 90 in blues. Yeah, right. Method wants you).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's probably pretty common with Determination, but a common ground for dps? I understand where you're coming from.

I might understand flasks / potions, but outside of determination, gimmick fights, That's right on their sim limit ( which generally considers pre-pot/flask/300food and a perfect priority ). Dps projections are inaccurate in the first place, but it's not exactly common for me to reach my sim limit which is slightly above 200k.

In LFR alone, no determination, half the time the mages/shamans can't even figure out that they have bloodlust/timewarp.

On another note, it's completely possible to do what they say they are doing. Fight duration can skew results quite a bit. I notice when I do LFR, my dps sways a LOT depending on the group.

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/arthas/carbuncle/

Players at that gear level can reasonably expect to do between 100-130k in raid while adhering to mechanics. It's too hard to make any sort of inference based on item level. Good trinkets, 4 set, and a good weapon are going to make a world of a difference, even if most of your gear is trash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Consider yourself pretty good if you're pulling 125-130k on a single target fight with raid buffs/flask/pots.

120k on Twins in LFR before I got this lovely helm, without a flask. I'm strictly average!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
330k burst, 120k sustained
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's probably pretty common with Determination, but a common ground for dps? I understand where you're coming from.

I might understand flasks / potions, but outside of determination, gimmick fights, That's right on their sim limit ( which generally considers pre-pot/flask/300food and a perfect priority ). Dps projections are inaccurate in the first place, but it's not exactly common for me to reach my sim limit which is slightly above 200k.

In LFR alone, no determination, half the time the mages/shamans can't even figure out that they have bloodlust/timewarp.

On another note, it's completely possible to do what they say they are doing. Fight duration can skew results quite a bit. I notice when I do LFR, my dps sways a LOT depending on the group.

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/arthas/carbuncle/

Players at that gear level can reasonably expect to do between 100-130k in raid while adhering to mechanics. It's too hard to make any sort of inference based on item level. Good trinkets, 4 set, and a good weapon are going to make a world of a difference, even if most of your gear is trash.

Exactly. I know for some classes their sims aren't fully accurate, but the Ret one is pretty good. The only real difference for most rets is using Execution Sentence perfectly (snapshotting max Feather + Spark procs) and that's probably no more thant 5-7K (just spitballing, may be wrong).

I mean if you sim at 140K and do 140K... damn, you're leet. :P But I suppose in LFR if the boss dies quick enough, numbers get inflated due to how long Bloodlust was up compared to fight. Eh.
Edited by Wristlock on 6/23/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
330k burst, 120k sustained

Life before T15 4 piece... so dreary. My sympathies :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Any dps projections, even simcraft is still a pretty horrid way to judge anything, but in general, you won't be hitting your projected number.

The dps gain from snapshotting can actually be pretty substantial, especially with the STR procs this tier.

RNG can always play its part, 4pc, PPM, mechanics, etc, all those things can make a pretty big difference in the end.
Primordius is a fun one. This week I did 190k, last week I did 250k. Overall, it means as much to me as Dark Animus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]