black screening. help plz.

90 Goblin Warrior
i run an iMac with: Processor - 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory - 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics/Display - Chipset Model - ATI Radeon HD 4670 Type - GPU (idk what any of this means). I can play wow for a short time, 5-15 mins, before it black screens. It began blinking about a week ago then moved on to a solid black screen. I can still hear casts, music, escape menu, etc when it does black screen. Its to the point i have to reboot my computer to get the black screen to go away. I downloaded smcFanControl, which i read could help, but to no avail. All it does is tell me the temperature of my computer. Ive deleted my wdb, wtf, and interface files and it didnt help either. I run VLC, YouTube, iTunes, etc and they can all run at about the same range of when my wow black screens. Any insight to a fix would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
This started to happen to me two days ago, after playing on the same machine for over 3 years now, with settings on Ultra without any problems. In the last week I have not installed any software, nor Apple updates, only WoW has installed things (Battle.net beta running the progress bar again, sometimes rather fast, sometimes not).

Has there been any changes on the client that might be causing this?
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
I found this[1], not sure how applicable will it be. I will play with the multisampling option when I get home. Mine has always been at 8 without problems. Will post back if reducing it makes any difference.

[1] http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_screen_crash
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]