Unauthorised purchases from AH

6 Gnome Rogue
Sounds like it's possible that you do have malware... on your cellphone. It's a growing issue and you may want to look into finding a good malware scanner for that as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
This has happened to me last night along with several members of our guild. This is something other than a malware attack
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
This just happened to my account tonight, while I was logged in. I felt my phone vibrate so I took it out to see what it was, somehow, magically my Mobile Armory app had been opened and as I tried to swap toons on my wow account, it prevented me from logging in because my mobile armory was logging in. In the time it took me to manually log off the mobile armory, someone had purchased Simple Wood from the AH using the mobile armory, taking me for all my gold
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Woke up this morning, same this happened to me. No one knows my pass or access to my phone. Don't share anything, got all my gold swiped but gear left alone.

I have opened a ticket and doing full scans but this feels like there may have been something bigger compromised.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It's the mobile armory app on your smart phone. Seems they were all targetted in the night. I work graveyard shift and managed to see it happen
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
question is how? i do not have a jailbroken iphone and to the best of my knowledge, dont have nor can get anything that would allow app compromise?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
there are lots of apps around that have hidden malware/keylogging capabilities. its been happening recently to hack facebook accounts, bank accounts, twitter, etc. Seems like targeting the mobile armory is something new that worked well. I suggest deleting any apps you're not familiar with and changing your account password for now until a GM can resolve the issue...hopefully.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
there are lots of apps around that have hidden malware/keylogging capabilities. its been happening recently to hack facebook accounts, bank accounts, twitter, etc. Seems like targeting the mobile armory is something new that worked well. I suggest deleting any apps you're not familiar with and changing your account password for now until a GM can resolve the issue...hopefully.

That and look at getting yourself a good anti malware program for your phone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sounds like a new way to steal gold is emerging.. since so many people are having this problem''' it would be nice if this was reports as a major problem instead of a single incident as it maybe indicative of a weakness in the remote AH

All of you need to file a ticket with Blizz and you might mention this thread to alert the Gms that this is happening to more than just you and the frequency of the thefts appear to be escalating
Edited by Ssinfull on 6/23/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
This is an issue on Blizzards end.

There was a thread about a hole in the mobile AH, but for some reason they removed it.

Now the only post left is this one:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344305122
Edited by Nobully on 6/24/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i do but perhaps others do not know how to?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't have remote AH on my phone, only thing on my phone is authenticator and a couple games from the marketplace (windows phone).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I don't have remote AH on my phone, only thing on my phone is authenticator and a couple games from the marketplace (windows phone).

dont need to have remote AH yourself for your account to be hacked using it, all they needed was your info and authenticator id for 1 time to be able to use another device to login and spend your gold
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Correct, but there's no way to correlate my phone to my account. This reeks of someone getting in through an exploit on the remote AH.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
The EU is also reporting similar behavior. Since most of Blizzard is still sleeping, I'm trying to compile information and see if we can get some attention to this potential problem. The correct response to this happening is to open a ticket to get your problem investigated and your gold restored.
Edited by Lissanna on 6/22/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
For those it's happened to please list the info on your Devices.

Android or iOS ?
What device ?
What version of the operating system ?
What version of the Mobile Armory ?
Mobile authenticator attached to account or Keyfob one ?

Until we get more information about this we should not be leaping to conclusions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For those it's happened to please list the info on your Devices.

Android or iOS ?
What device ?
What version of the operating system ?
What version of the Mobile Armory ?
Mobile authenticator attached to account or Keyfob one ?

Until we get more information about this we should not be leaping to conclusions.

Neither, have windows phone
HTC T7575 (arrive)
Windows 7 Pro
No mobile armory
mobile auth attached
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]