Just heal through it , ignore mechanics:

For priests:
Jinrokh Heroic : Stand still and spam heals during transition (works about 90% of the time).

Horridon : Stand away from everyone and spam atonement

Durumu : stand in eye sores, spam flash heal to get through it works on normal.

Iron quon : Power word shield on self, and spirit shell to max on self before windstorm, no need to dodge tornadoes.

Are there any other ways to ignore game mechanics?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hand of Protection; because tank swaps are for chumps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Jinrokh Heroic : Stand still and spam heals during transition (works about 90% of the time).

I do that on my shaman and pally too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For priests:

Iron quon : Power word shield on self, and spirit shell to max on self before windstorm, no need to dodge tornadoes.

this wouldnt be the best way to learn how to raid. the main reason you can do this is because you out gear the fights, or in the jin rokh case, you get lucky and dont get chained by the balls.

in saying that i love the concept but good luck doing your duruumu trick on heroic :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd suggest against a few of these ideas. If for example on horridon and you're not attoneing with the full buff on the boss.. sure you'll spot heal people but what about dire call? :P

But I'm always fan of doing more healing!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For priests:

Jin'rohk example doesn't make any sense. Are you saying you use dmg reduction CDs on yourself and hard cast PoHs or something? If everyone dodges balls they actually need only a very small amount of healing. If you are saying that you can generally not have to move for balls then lucky you??

You should be using more than atonement on horridon but by the end I admit that atonement is too strong. As a whole disc needs a revamp and atonement is part of that.

WHY are you standing in durumu's eye sores!? I suppose you can heal through the dmg if you are want to go OOM and likely die while OOM since the phase lasts a decent amount of time. What kind of noob purposely stands around in eye sores taking millions of avoidable dmg? You may as well find the fire on the ground, stand in it, and then comment on how you are able to heal yourself through it for awhile until you oom, the whole time providing zero benefit to your raid group.

How does getting spirit shell and PW:S on yourself mean you do not have to dodge tornadoes? You'll likely be using a warlocks portal for windstorms but even if you didn't these are not justification for getting picked up by tornadoes. You are not the only one in your raid to worry about as you are being dragged away and even with shields on you are putting yourself through a lot more hardship than necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For priests:

Jin: You've been extremely lucky, then, to be able to do that.

Horridon: Granted, but mostly towards the end of the fight. The damage going on on that third door is absurd, and I don't think just Atonement will allow you to get through that door easily.

Durumu: Yes, now how does your raid group feel about you going OoM during D-Beam phase, when there's much more of a damage issue during Spectrum and Life Drain?

Iron Qon: Ha ha, wow, okay, I feel really bad for your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I...don't really get this post.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
For priests:

You're interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Are there any other ways to ignore game mechanics

Overgear the content.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/24/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo

Overgear the content.

In fact, this really is the only way you can ignore game mechanics, unless you're a prot pally.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/party grenade
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/sparklesparklesparklesparklesparklesparklesparklesparklesparkle
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo

Overgear the content.

Basically.

Even when I overgear content I still somewhat pay attention to certain mechanics :p
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I teleport out of the anima ring.

I teleport out of the wind storm.

Warlock gateway 5 people out of the storm.

EVERY SINGLE INVULNERABILITY SPELL EVER.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Wild mushroom Sha of Fear's miniboss death lotus.

Make everyone stay with you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Atonement vs. Beast of Nightmares on Twins.

If I didn't read the dungeon journal, I never would have known the beast was there.

EDIT: Atonement vs. pretty much every fight this tier on normal. For the times when 2 healers just isn't enough and 3 is too much.
Edited by Skootalloo on 6/25/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
For priests:

So I'm guessing you can't dodge balls on Jin, can't do the maze on Durumu, and can't do the tornadoes on IQ.

Got it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hand of Protection; because tank swaps are for chumps.

I do this for stomps on Tortos so I can just keep on healing without getting stunned. Spinning turtles no longer knock you around as well.
Reply Quote
Tested additional mechanics :
Megaeras acid rain, moving out was too hard.
Going to test - Lei shen's thunderstruck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]