5.4 Legendary Quest (Spoilers)

Well, people in the Timeless Isle thread are going to ignore this to continue their pissing contest, so I'll make a new thread, as more information on the Isle, and the Legendary quest line with Wrathion has been released.

Patch 5.4 - Legendary Quest Line Update
Wrathion is back again in Patch 5.4, first asking you to meet him at the Tavern. He has learned of the new Timeless Isle added in Patch 5.4 and wants to further augment your cloak by "time-locking" it.

You will have to head to Timeless Isle and collect 50 x Timeless Coin for one step in the quest. While you are doing that, you also have to defeat the four August Celestials of Pandaria in combat, which likely requires a group.

Once you have completed both steps, you head to the Seat of Knowledge so that Wrathion can augment your cloak once more. This will likely use the upgraded cloak models added a few patches ago.

After having your cloak upgraded, there is one final quest to kill Garrosh. Wrathion reveals to you that this was his plan all along, but he has no more rewards for you. The Golden Lotus may have a reward for you though, but the current rewards on the quest are just placeholders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KBf4qegCVBQ#at=15

So far it's nothing special, and there's no reward. Hopefully, this changes as this quest line has been irritating at some parts.
Edited by Lorelaî on 6/23/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
well

better this than bring 50 orc asses to wrathion to upgrade your weapon
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Heh. I hope it goes back to the old legendary model next expansion.
Reply Quote
I just want a mount, pet or title from this.

Something that would have made it worth my while after the expansion is over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Legendaries have never offered permanent titles. Dragon'swrath gave you a mount(Yeah I remember that). But that was the only one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Those rarely happen. Too much drama over shadowmourne and tarecgosa I'd be surprised if they try that again
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hopefully, this changes as this quest line has been irritating at some parts.

I don't think I've even done the whole "sigil" thing from 5.0.

I'm not much of a raider, even using LFR, so the "spam the raid and collect 378432787823478342 items" sort of thing isn't something I often complete. Same reason why I never really sought similar types of weapons when I played Final Fantasy XI.
Reply Quote

Those rarely happen. Too much drama over shadowmourne and tarecgosa I'd be surprised if they try that again

There was drama over that? Damn people must really hate keepsakes
Reply Quote

Except those were class restricted.

Everyone could get the Shadowmourne mount because it's tradable and the Dragonwrath staff doesn't count toward any mount.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not drama per se depending on your group, but getting sharable gifts isn't the standard for legendaries. I'd be surprised if there was even a cool visual effect like the fangs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah and the Staff did actually have a mount.
Reply Quote
Yeah and the Staff did actually have a mount.

I didn't say it didn't have a mount, I'm saying it didn't count towards a mount.

Like it didn't count towards any mount achievements since it was a spell on the staff, not a learnable mount. Unless that's changed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Oh joy, more RNG quests. 10 more weeks until I'm done with titan runestones at this drop rate...

Legendaries have never offered permanent titles. Dragon'swrath gave you a mount(Yeah I remember that). But that was the only one.

Shadowmorne gave you a whole bunch of stuff.
Reply Quote
Eh, As long as i get something decent from this quest-line ill be OK with it.

But really it's been a pain in the !@# collecting all this stuff so it'd best be worthwhile.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I wonder how "time-locking" a cloak could enhance its capabilities. Remove magical energy leak? Probably. Or something like that. Also, how one upgrades an ilvl 600 cloak to be even more broken.

It's also been stated that we're all getting legendary weapons after this is all over, but from the way it looks like it's being handled, it's is going to be extremely underwhelming, something among the lines of Thori'dal, which didn't have any lore associated with it. "Oh, hey, thanks for stopping that civil war and helping restore the exploded Vale, here's something we dredged up from our vaults which probably exploded as well. Hey, looks like you can use this, take it and go away. Forever."
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
@DaveKosak I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. -Wrathion. Not rly or? :(

@nivramo He says that AFTER he arms you. With a Legendary. Don't be greedy! ;)

That pretty much confirms its a legendary cloak.
Reply Quote
13 Orc Warrior
Meh, for some reason I just haven't really cared about the legendary quests of this expansion.

I do however like that at least Wrathion continues to get lore.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I like this model of quest line (something everyone can get, not just select members of specific classes). However, this ending seems... meh. I was hoping for some awesome weapon or something cool like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I like this model of quest line (something everyone can get, not just select members of specific classes). However, this ending seems... meh. I was hoping for some awesome weapon or something cool like that.

I never for a second thought we would all get really amazing weapons. I knew it would be something small.

I guess that's why I prefer the other types of legendary quests. Yes, I completely understand why some people like the MoP ones because everyone can get it. But maybe that's why I don't like it as much. Everyone can get it if they grind enough.

And this is coming from somebody who has never owned any legendary weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@DaveKosak I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. -Wrathion. Not rly or? :(

@nivramo He says that AFTER he arms you. With a Legendary. Don't be greedy! ;)

That pretty much confirms its a legendary cloak.
Ugh. I hate being the guy who QQ's, but a cloak, really? I've gone all-out on this legendary quest and put a buttload of time in it. Is this really all there is? I was thinking some BA looking weapon or something. I mean, think about it:

-Sulfurion, a powerful mace embedded with the elemental lord of fire's power
-Thunderfury, a weapon so mighty it forged 1 million memes
-The twin blades of Azzinoth, blades that look so wicked people go out of their way to get them, even though you can't xmog your weapons to look like them
-Thoridal, the hunter weapon which first introduced unlimited ammo
-Shadowmourne, an almighty axe forged in the darkness of Northrend, imbued with the power of the fabled Lich King
-Tarecgosa's wrath, a staff with the power of the aspect of MAGIC's consort. Allows you to turn into a DRAGON.
-Fangs of the father, almighty daggers which hold the strength of both the twilight's hammer and the aspect of death.

-....and. A cloak. That has a ilevel that will be irrelevant in an expac.

I've been doing the legendary quest because I was expecting some cool weapon or piece of armor. Something that, expansions later, I could pull out and impress some new friends with.

But instead, a cloak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]