Celestial Blessings - Ranged DPS

100 Human Warlock
Does anyone have any tips for this doing it as a destro lock. Im killing the adds but they are sticking at 1hp stacking up and killing me and my pets as fast as I can rez them. Its really annoying. Im using my demon gates, my demonic circle, shadowfury I have tried using different pets even my voidy is being owned by the adds. Its really starting to bug me now lol
Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Heavanlie
Edited by Heavanlie on 6/23/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
The tip is it is hilariously broken and more difficult than the healing and tanking challenges.

Blizzard needs to fix it.
Reply Quote
do you have any slows? that can be used on the add's at once. just do that and concentrate on the main guy that is how i worked it on the xuen challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
def broken for casters sry but i'm ice and using everything i have. adds not even close to me and are damaging me and when u do get ahead the whole room is filled with fire and his huge half room aoe the brown stuff. and how can u take out the mini me's when you have bloods all over and i get one cast off then the mini me's are back come on. my burn is at 195k dps and it only takes him to 80% plse. and the bloods are spawning well before 1 minutes up after you kill them. also blink doesn't work all the time like its suppose to, and do the bloods have blink because i blink and there right there behind me after.
Edited by Burnall on 6/25/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
After spending another hour and a half on this again, bringing the total time to about 6 hours, I have a solution for those in LFR/valor gear as a mage.

Spec: Fire
Buffs: Int, Celestial offering coin, Int flask.
Method: Invocation for buff, alter time for buff, pot. when 2 piece buff is rolling along with other two, opem with pyro hard cast. Roll everything and dodge arcs/whatever while dpsing until oozes pop.

When the oozes pop, frost nova them in place and run for the balcony. Wrath will follow you and the oozes behind him, dps as much as you can until the oozes get onto the balcony, once they are, pop invis. the oozes should go back to the center of the room and stay there unti he runs back for the mirror. This is the issue. Once the oozes drop aggro you have to nuke him down using combustion as a stun to stop him from running back down. You should have time warp/pot free by this point so use them. This works only if he doesnt get back down for the mirror image.

Edit note:

Despite having completed this quest. It is still horribly broken and needs to be adjusted.
Edited by Torpex on 6/26/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You're supposed to kill the slimes, and they come back roughly 30 seconds after you kill them. Only one attempt I made their life stopped at 1 HP, but that was when I let them get a 500% movement buff somehow....
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
For Mages and Hunters, the secret here is dropping aggro on the oozes once they appear. Mages use Invisibility and Hunters Feign Death - I don't know if the other ranged classes have something similar.

Start behind Wrathion and nuke until the oozes appear, hit Invis and run all the way to the back of the balcony behind Yulon. The oozes will drop aggro and return to the centre of the room. Wrathion will follow you to the balcony. Once Invis wears off, continue to nuke Wrathion while avoiding his attacks - just make sure not to run too close towards the centre of the room - this may cause the oozes to pick you up again. When Wrathion does his mirror image thing, he will do so at the centre of the room - you can completely ignore him - spam Evocate to heal yourself. Rinse and repeat. Easy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was able to just pop all my cooldowns and nuke him. I used my mirrors to gain aggro on the oozes when they popped. By the time they died, Wrathion had about 2M left, so I hit Freeze and the fight was over. NUKE NUKE NUKE. I'm so annoyed with blizzard for making this seem like it's a complicated encounter with signiicant strategy involved. It basically involved me overpowering his abilities to the point I almost ignored them.
Reply Quote
I posted a how to in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138150

Do this and you'll have your cloak within an hour.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Any tips for boomkins on this?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
im on about 30 trys. at about 20 g per try. I have changed glyphs and gems for the speed boost and CC . as a 519 spriest we have no moving aoe and since you can not stop and cast the quest is not doable if the bloods did not have progressive speed incress it might help. what cc we have only gets some of them with it only taking 1 to kill me. the best I can tell you have 15 sec to kill the bloods before their speed is too fast to avoid . I have seen one person say get on the upper lev but LOS comes into play I have tried stopping on the stairs but then the prince drops a pool and cuts off any chance getting to the other end. It also help some to change my camera view to far in the settings. our agro drop can only take 3 hits so contact with the bloods it is gone. for other spriest my dps is around 82 to 95 k if that helps for reference
Edited by Scarleah on 6/27/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Scar,

When the adds spawn, immediately high tail it onto the balcony using fade. Should be a face roll from then on assuming when Wrathion comes to you on the balcony you don't get too close to the stairs and re-aggro the tears. The ranged classes than can dump 100% of the aggro on tears makes this really simple. The other classes have their own opportunities, eliminate the tears 100% by leaving them in the pit never killing or having to deal with? ****.

Edited to not sound condescending, as was not the intention.

you can do this.
Edited by Procurse on 6/28/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I just did this as an Ele Shaman.. We have no fade, invis, aggro drop... Follow the instructions Angband lays out here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138150 and you'll win no matter what class you are..

Don't drop totems, dont pop earth or fire, just save your CD's. Just be sure to bolt (ghost wolf) up to the balcony as soon as he starts to bring the adds into it. When done correctly, they'll gather right where the fight started and you'll never see them again. once you have him alone, avoid anything that hurts, wind sheer to interrupt and when you are moving around the balcony, dont move too close to the stairs to accidently aggro the adds.. Stay calm, take your time and you can't lose.

Best of luck!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
"The ranged classes than can dump 100% of the aggro on tears makes this really simple. The other classes have their own opportunities, eliminate the tears 100% by leaving them in the pit never killing or having to deal with? "

Procurse,
What would you recommend for locks soulshatter and/or gateway? I haven't gotten to this part yet but I am a few stones away from it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
"The ranged classes than can dump 100% of the aggro on tears makes this really simple. The other classes have their own opportunities, eliminate the tears 100% by leaving them in the pit never killing or having to deal with? "

Procurse,
What would you recommend for locks soulshatter and/or gateway? I haven't gotten to this part yet but I am a few stones away from it.

Soulshatter and teleport as far back on the balcony as you can should do the trick (don't believe gateway will work because of the elevation from the stairs)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Procurse,

Yeah, sorry Sikness there is nothing in our class that can dump 100% aggro, it's just not a mechanic we have. Elemental shaman nor balance druids can either. I'd suggest one of 2 things, and it's all about those adds that hit way harder than the vids seem to suggest. Find a way to burst them all down at once and in a group, then repeat when they respawn. If you kite and single kill them, when they respawn they are all over the place and you're a dead toon trying to escape Wrathion's spell damage and single adds coming from 5 different directions.

I have heard though, that if you never do any aggro at all on them, i.e. don't fear them, don't have a pet out, don't aoe the boss. When they spawn with the boss in the pit (don't go up early as the boss will spawn them where he is, and the balcony is a problem), immediately gate away to the stairs and sprint up top to the back of the balcony. Apparently sometimes they don't follow you, and then it's an easy kill assuming you can handle the boss by himself and don't get close enough to the stairs to re-aggro the adds. Those adds will never have to respawn if they never die in the first place, so like the thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138150 "easymode win" now becomes the same fight described there.

I sure hope that works, let us all know so we can do this with less frustration if you don't have a 100% aggro dump in your class mechanics.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
So I listened to the dragon about being aware of my surroundings, thinking that she may be given a hint in how to beat this fight. So I tried to fight Wrathion in every possible spot in the room. After several attempts I found the perfect spot. Once he spawns his adds run quickly to the balcony and jump up on the hand rail. The adds can't get to you but Wrathion still can he hit you with the aoe he drops. Just nuke him from the rail and you can ignore all of his adds the entire fight.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
So I listened to the dragon about being aware of my surroundings, thinking that she may be given a hint in how to beat this fight. So I tried to fight Wrathion in every possible spot in the room. After several attempts I found the perfect spot. Once he spawns his adds run quickly to the balcony and jump up on the hand rail. The adds can't get to you but Wrathion still can he hit you with the aoe he drops. Just nuke him from the rail and you can ignore all of his adds the entire fight.

I've said this over and over. Nuke nuke nuke. You don't need a strategy....just blow him up. I downed him nearly before the adds even spawned.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
07/05/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Amadia

I've said this over and over. Nuke nuke nuke. You don't need a strategy....just blow him up. I downed him nearly before the adds even spawned.

No.

Your strategy assumes a certain amount of burst DPS at the beginning of the fight, and if that fails: too bad, so sad.

The strategy you quoted is in fact that basic easymode strategy that numerous classes and the specs within them agree does work.

I am honestly getting tired of all these god-mod dps players who constantly think the best strategy is always to zerg something down.

Listen to the words of yu'lon: true wisdom comes from knowing when to do nothing.

07/03/2013 05:53 PMPosted by Adhes
So I listened to the dragon about being aware of my surroundings, thinking that she may be given a hint in how to beat this fight. So I tried to fight Wrathion in every possible spot in the room. After several attempts I found the perfect spot.

Good job man - bravo to you for figuring out this strategy on your own rather than reading it up on a website.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]