thunderstorm.

100 Tauren Warrior
it is ridiculously overpowered in eye of the storm. something should be done to keep players from being knocked into the abyss, like an inivisible wall around.

i've seen a shaman kill literally 8 players with one of those
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Then dont stand at the edge?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They put up a wall in RBGs on that map. Clearly it's good enough for rated play but who cares about the masses in randoms, am I right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i've seen a shaman kill literally 8 players with one of those

But not you, right? Because you know there's a shaman standing in mid for a reason and wisely chose to either stay back until he did it, or charge right back at him after he did?
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warrior
I go mid on purpose..pull the shaman to me and waste my pillar of frost just so he uses his t-storm and pretty much wastes it on me, works good on clueless shamans. Level engineering, get a glider, problem solved as well. :)

edit: Actually I find this more annoying trying to cap a tower, I always try to get the high ground on knockback classes but sometimes you cant since "waddle waddle waddle", and you get up enough and get knocked back across the map, just to waddle waddle again to try and get up on the towers.
Edited by Fìona on 6/23/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Clearly it's good enough for rated play but who cares about the masses in randoms, am I right?

Basically yes. I agree with Blizzard's decision.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
My awareness is more OP than Thunderstorm. Thankfully that won't be nerfed for a good while.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HAHAHAHAAHAHA no
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I feel really dumb when I get knocked off a cliff.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
It only really, really irked me when I stood at one of the towers and through some weird t-storm flaw, it knocked me right off the tower and into the abyss in the middle. The MIDDLE!!! That must have been some t-storm there!

I learned my lesson, though and never again will I stand near an edge of any tower.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I do it with explosive trap and power shot all the time.

And if I see an ele shammy....Yeah I stay away from the ledge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Didn't EotS and Thunderstorm come into the game at the same time? It's an intended mechanic. RBGs are the outlier and the walls are to keep from class stacking.

Not much different than a class than can near perma snare/cc you in CTF, or prot on (click-to-cap) node defense.
Edited by Mojodon on 6/23/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I find it funny people are pissed about Thunderstorm. Explosive Trap is way, way more OP on that map when you can sit Camo next to the flag and wait for some unsuspecting fewl to try and grab it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

I find it funny people are pissed about Thunderstorm. Explosive Trap is way, way more OP on that map when you can sit Camo next to the flag and wait for some unsuspecting fewl to try and grab it.

Fortunately a good hunter that knows how to do that, wont be sitting in the middle doing nothing while cammoed.

People throw "op" out there way too quickly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
PvP just wouldn't be as fun without seeing people like the OP get thrown into the abyss over and over thanks to their horrible situational awareness.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I admit find it all knockbacks annoying. I deal with it though. I usually try and avoid places like the middle in EotS or LM in AB. I've been at LM a handful of times where I know the Shaman is trying to bait me into getting to the edge, but I won't fall for it.

The only time I ever get knocked off the edge by anything is if I'm already in combat and I get blindsided by a Hunter/Druid/Shaman who just came out of nowhere.

Thankfully as a Paladin I just Bubble or BoP myself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
8 idiots that have no idea where they are standing or who is around them maybe.

its a nice little intelligence test. leave it in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]