Incentive for SMARTER players to join a BG?

90 Night Elf Warrior
Lets face the facts everyone, There are alot of lost BGs on alliance (I'm sure horde have the same problem too, but-) By using a few addons to log bgs across the continent and such, as well as looking around the internet to websites that have done the same, heres the statistics.

Horde win every BG EXCEPT AV and IoC.

Now, AV we have really always won, and thats the problem. Horde KNOW they will lose there. Alot of horde i know blacklist AV due to alliance usually winning.
IoC is another story. There are two reasons the statistics for IoC Alliance wins are so high.

1: The Alliance always go for docks, and always win. I'm not sure why horde haven't changed their strat to docks, but anywho, Docks wins the game unless glaives die. I mean, thats pretty much End of story.
2: The Alliance strategy where we le horde through and farm them.

And smart horde would blacklist those two BG's that we dominantly win, So USUALLY any other BG i enter i have lost. I've only gotten 1 Av pop and 1 IoC pop in the past 4 days. Would it be possible to add a 75 Honor award for winning a specific?

Now, What I've noticed in random BGS is that alot of players in the alliance bracket are filled with
A: Those 2-3 guys that are decked in gear but dont talk and barely listen, all they do is kill.

B: The 2-3 new 90's that cant do anything for themselves other than maybe help the group CC.

C: The 3-5 that don't know whats going on and they're just complete stupid.

D: 1-3 players that are whining the whole time.

Now, lets tackle this 1 by 1.

A: These guys cant really be helped other than putting in a higher incentive for base assault/Defence. Add maybe 75% increased honor for offensive flag capping and defending, and give regular +1 honor ticks every 5 seconds for defenders. (Yeah i know thats not a perfect plan, but it can be worked on)

B: Give a normalized gear. I know that there is a gear normalizer for HIGHER than 496, but lets say there is a gear normalizer for gear under.... 470? We can bring up every item below 470 to 470, and that way malevolent gear still has the 6 Ilvl AND pvp power edge, as well as tyrannical having a huge edge on them both still, but NOT such a horrible edge that they do now.

C and D: Add a kick option. 6-7 players (A majority) in a 10m BG would mean that pretty much everyone thinks the guy needs to be kicked.
Lets say 12 in a 15 man
And 30 in a 40 man
That way a MAJORITY of players agree that this person is causing problems and needs to go. That way 5 players can't broteam it and kick whoever they feel like. . Along with this option, when a person is kicked, set the "Deserter" debuff to about 5-10 minutes, instead of 15. This way, if someone was kicked just because someone didn't like their gear, its not too punishing, but if someone who was kicked for reasons C or D, they would still have a punishment.

I REALIZE my ideas are not perfect, thats why this was posted on a forum, any suggestions would be welcomed and
Edited by Meehk on 6/23/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You said here are the statistics, so you should actually give some.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
C and D: Add a kick option. 6-7 players (A majority) in a 10m BG would mean that pretty much everyone thinks the guy needs to be kicked.

Good luck with that. I can't even get people to report a bot AFK so they can get kicked out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/23/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Kwizzlix

Good luck with that. I can't even get people to report a bot AFK so they can get kicked out.

Which already functions as a vote kick. While it doesn't require the majority in a larger BG, it does require a number of people to report you within a very short interval to remove someone. It might not be named that, but that's what it does, and people already use it for that.
Edited by Cayse on 6/23/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The best way to get smarter players to join battlegrounds is for the dumber players to get smarter.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 6/23/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The best way to get smarter players to join battlegrounds is for the dumber players to get smarter.

Won't happen, most dumb players don't know they are dumb so they don't improve.

They just complain about premades/Oqueue/faction balance on the forums all day.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
06/23/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Djani

This reminds me, I haven't seen Quint lately.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Hasn't posted since Thursday. Is it a long weekend anywhere?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/23/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Djani

Or they just roll horde, blacklist AV and IoC, and never have to complain about faction imbalance ever again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Or they just roll horde, blacklist AV and IoC, and never have to complain about faction imbalance ever again.

Why? So they can bring their own issues and that faction down, then start complaining about Alliance?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Why? So they can bring their own issues and that faction down, then start complaining about Alliance?

It would take a lot to bring the raging horde war machine down at this point. So the hordes can handle lots of players with 'issues' and still win each BG as fast as they want to. Other threads the hordes brag about their win streaks.

Either they are a group of freaking liars or there is a massive faction imbalance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Either they are a group of freaking liars or there is a massive faction imbalance.

There is a faction imbalance, competent PVP players are playing Horde right now. I don't think anyone is trying to deny that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

There's battlegroup-specific faction (both ways, not just favoring Horde) imbalances, and some of them are fairly extreme.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

You can't fix stupid. Sorry. The ones that rather sit blaming faction imbalance and make the switch for the "easy side of life" are the problem.

But yeah, keep doing that. It'll only be a matter of time before the inevitable truth comes knocking at your door.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alliance lose a lot of BGs. All of us alliance who earned our battlemaster titles and "of the alliance"/"bloodthristy" titles did it on our horde characters and not our alliance characters.

But you're the smart one. Keep living in your own fictional world.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
Random BGs are random. You will win roughly 50% of your games. It doesn't matter your faction/gender/spec/role/gear/etc.

The only way to win more is to queue with friends.

Nearly everybody who has posted here will have the same ratio, along with most players that play this game.

The grass is always greener on the other faction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Battlegrounds played - 45
Battlegrounds won - 26

Alterac Valley battles - 9
Alterac Valley victories - 5

Isle of Conquest battles - 9
Isle of Conquest victories - 6

Non AV/IOC for you is

Played- 27

Won- 15

Percentage - 64.28571428571429

So, these "stats" that you claim to have where Horde win everything but AV/IoC was just shot down... come on, are you really complaining with a 64% win percentage?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yup OP needs to understand that this is a 100% player based issue. Bad players simply lose more often than good players. Working completely as intended.

I always assume he's either serving a temporary ban or maybe he has one of those deals where he serves jail time on the weekends for a DUI or something.
Edited by Infestyx on 6/24/2013 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yup OP needs to understand that this is a 100% player based issue. Bad players simply lose more often than good players. Working completely as intended.

This is the issue I have with the general public... If you add a seperate non rating premade que system then alike players can que together for premade or the alike loners can que together as well on solo que...

it's a win win for all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]