Strongest 5.4 healers?

Which healers do you think will be the strongest in patch 5.4 and why?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Hard to tell. Relative healer strength has more to do with encounter design and how it interacts with our respective toolkits than it does with straight numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Probably the strongest 2 heal comp for 10 man's will be mistweaver/disc as it was in 5.2

With the nerfs to Hpal and buffs to resto druids, maybe disc/tree?

Monks by nature are stupid in 10 man's. No buffs to resto druids will outweigh that.

So probably disc/monk.

Monks are also getting a lot of random little buffs that don't do very much. And disc are getting nice spot healing buffs and tank healing buffs.

As I continue to think about this. I'm thinking more and more about how dumb monks are going to be in 5.4 for 10 mans lol
Edited by Suplift on 6/24/2013 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think paladin/tree combos will be startlingly effective. With trees being able to deal with crazy amounts of AoE, a paladin can focus on spot-heals and keeping the tanks up. Their absorbs aren't completely crippled, and with the changes to EF, there'll be a bit more of a focus on single target heals.
Reply Quote
How are shamans going to do ?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

We won't know until we see the content, I don't think. My guess is that they'll be there for the heavy, high damage burst healing spots, which is simply what they're best at. They have the potential to completely destroy other healers in terms of actual heals, but, again, they are very dependent on a number of factors, such as spread healing, mobile healing, and overall sustain, all of which we don't know for t16.

inb4 shaman hysteria.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Probably about the same.

Agree with sup that disc/mw will most likely be strongest. Since they are both already very strong and seems they are not being touched in the patch notes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
06/24/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Fistlobster

We won't know until we see the content, I don't think. My guess is that they'll be there for the heavy, high damage burst healing spots, which is simply what they're best at. They have the potential to completely destroy other healers in terms of actual heals, but, again, they are very dependent on a number of factors, such as spread healing, mobile healing, and overall sustain, all of which we don't know for t16.

inb4 shaman hysteria.

It's all fun and games until someone who doesn't understand HPS at all kicks you out of the raid and you have to take the off-tank spot. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The obsession with HPS is baffling. While it can be a good indicator of who isn't pulling their weight, a lot of people use it as the only metric to measure how good a healer is doing. Trackers like Skada and Recount don't give indication of burst heals at certain points, and, while WoL can be a lot better in that regard, it often doesn't show proper context without a good amount of digging beforehand, and not every raid has it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If HPS doesn't matter then it won't matter if we get buffed and we're 20% ahead of everyone in HPS instead of behind. Joking aside, I think resto shaman will fill the same niche, limited mobility and spread healing (since the only changes they are putting in as of now are bandaids) but average to above average stacked healing + two fairly powerful raid CD's and a decent amount of "utility". We are great 3rd healers in a raid team, and depending upon the comp we are great 2nd healers in a 2 healing team. I have no 25 man experience outside of LFR to offer unfortunately so my views are 10 man only.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Blood DKs.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Mistweavers with current 4pc are going to destroy everyone. It's not even debatable. If that isn't changed every single serious 10m will be Mistweaver + Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Mistweavers with current 4pc are going to destroy everyone. It's not even debatable. If that isn't changed every single serious 10m will be Mistweaver + Disc.

Every single 25 man, too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The obsession with HPS is baffling. While it can be a good indicator of who isn't pulling their weight, a lot of people use it as the only metric to measure how good a healer is doing. Trackers like Skada and Recount don't give indication of burst heals at certain points, and, while WoL can be a lot better in that regard, it often doesn't show proper context without a good amount of digging beforehand, and not every raid has it.

It's not really so baffling.

When *insert class here* is too low compared to the rest (what "too low" is is going to depend on who you ask) said class will complain, without fail. Also, when said class is "too low" and Blizzard also thinks so, they get buffed in ways that usually impact their HPS. When a class is considered too strong, what do the nerfs end up effecting? Their HPS. It's been that way since Day 1 and has never really changed despite how much the game has.

Acting like HPS doesn't matter at all or isn't worthy of attention is just as silly as thinking it's the only thing that matters. And the excuses for completely discounting HPS are more often than not pathetic. WoL is so great because it DOES provide context in most applicable situations, unlike something like Recount. When those aggregate class discrepancies turn out to be the normal status quo, the ability to explain them away as something that isn't a problem becomes very difficult (and no one around here has ever been able to).

To answer the OP, Disc looks to be best paired with a Resto Druid or MW Monk for maximum 2 healing power. There is a high chance that the changes aren't over, though. I'm expecting Monk's set bonus to be nerfed (it's insane), and Disc and MW (especially Disc) could see some nerfs. Shaman will likely receive some type of buff. Paladin and Holy shouldn't run into any real problems from what I can tell. So if (big if) they make the adjustments to Shaman that they mentioned earlier and they are effective, plus work on Disc a bit to not "sabotage" their healing partner effectiveness. we might see some solid healer balance.
Edited by Thaimaishu on 6/24/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Resto Druid and Mistweaver Monks are about equal, then Disc priests, followed by Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins. Shamans bring better utility. That's at this point in the ptr. Things could change and I imagine they will.
Reply Quote
Uggg. Why do I always end up rolling the class that

(a) ends up being horrible

(b) ends up being FOTM and you start to see them EVERYWHERE.....(warlocks)

I do like healing with my Shammy. I have just recently taken him past LFR into 10 man raids with my guild, and Im not doing too shabby. Im not the best geared healer there, but Im still pretty effective when needed.

Hopefully 5.4 will show us some good changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/24/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Thaimaishu
Acting like HPS doesn't matter at all or isn't worthy of attention is just as silly as thinking it's the only thing that matters. And the excuses for completely discounting HPS are more often than not pathetic. WoL is so great because it DOES provide context in most applicable situations, unlike something like Recount. When those aggregate class discrepancies turn out to be the normal status quo, the ability to explain them away as something that isn't a problem becomes very difficult (and no one around here has ever been able to).

Thank you for disregarding the very first point I made, that gauging HPS can be a great tool in measuring overall performance, and acting like I said it doesn't matter at all, when I never even said anything close to that. And thank you for ignoring the fact that I did say that it does have a good amount of clarity and context, IF you do the digging around. I do really like WoL, and I have vastly improved from utilizing it, but you do need to wander a bit before you get the information you need; people who only wonder about HPS see the numbers available right at the get go and immediately jump to conclusions. Those are the people I'm denouncing.

Next time, please, instead of trying to discredit me by making up the points I'm trying to convey, read what I'm saying.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Mistweaver by a mile...have you seen that four set?
And for a second healer (if you even need one? O.o)
er disc probably.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Depends on the raid format. In 10m disc priest and holy paladin will probably always reign supreme over the rest of us with shaman healer support for MTT, CDs, and clutch mastery heals. However, monk is getting a lot of interest lately due to their t16 4p.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]