Strongest 5.4 healers?

The gnome.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
Currently Resto Shamans are op and broken.

If you want top HPS and to not worry about mana...go resto shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Currently Resto Shamans are op and broken.

If you want top HPS and to not worry about mana...go resto shaman.

Until we get a slight nerf and all the other healers get more gear (because our mastery scales horribly against other healers when they get gear), sure. We're likely going to go down in the charts naturally when other healers get more gear. I'm expecting a minor nerf to something though (please, for the love of god, Blizz, don't take a massive swing x.x)

Edit: We're also pretty terrible in spread situations, so there's that too.
Edited by Avona on 9/12/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/11/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Suplift
I'm saying it's not the end of the world if Druids and Shaman are on top

So it's no big deal if your class is on top

But if any other class is on top, IT'S A REALLY BIG DEAL.

amazing logic.

Pot meet kettle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
disc priest + MW + holy paladin combo, is deadly for sure

absorbs, everything inbetween, massive aoe
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Massive aoe? Get a holy priest for t90 talents, it's literally 50% of their 400k hps throughput.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yea, I remember shamans dropping off when people were ~510 ilvl.

I'll give you that.

Resto druids aren't 'bad' just other classes were much stronger.

Like Paladins having 50% mastery @ 525 ilvl. And RnM healing 15% more than it was supposed to with 2 pc. And atonement being much stronger.

Makes perfect sense...

Say Blizzard did somehow manage to balance the HPS of all healers perfectly, MW/Disc will still always be the preferred option in 10M.
What's really the point of bringing other classes when you can do the same healing numbers with the added bonus of millions of damage...

At the end of the day of the day, there should never be an ideal combo for any raid size.
Edited by Roxtar on 9/12/2013 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
World of Logs is starting to recognize SoO fights, and rankings are starting to populate in. We need more logs, and RaidBots to work to get a full idea, but here is a very initial view

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Siege_of_Orgrimmar/hps/#tab-25Normal

So far, there is a pretty decent representation of Priests, Shaman, Paladins and Druids across the fights. Monks are dominating Malkorok but pretty much completely absent from the rest of the fights. Shaman are extremely strong through Galakras, but nearly completely absent from the last 2/3 of the instance (exception - Thok). That makes sense, because most of the complaints about Shaman being too strong are probably from people who hadn't gotten 6+ bosses in.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i'm definitely feeling weaker than i expected to on my monk, averaging 70-80k on most fights and around 100k on fights with pulse/consistent damage (and ofc way more on malko) in 522ish gear with a 561 weapon. i'm having to compete with 3-4 heroic geared healers each night but i still feel like i could/should be doing better.

ofc on the other hand i literally don't have to worry about mana at all ever
Edited by Truelite on 9/13/2013 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think Paladins were really nerfed. Yea they removed mastery from EF but they made up elsewhere as they said, I am quite happy with my pally atm ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
ofc on the other hand i literally don't have to worry about mana at all ever

Which is why they'll probably nerf effro glyph isn't of buffing monks in 25's

What I got out of your list tiberria, is that they should nerf effro glyph lol

They're trying to balance monks around infinite mana. Which other classes already have close to infinite mana anyways zzz

When you hit ~540 ilvl monks in 10 man start to shine.

I felt super strong all day, I felt like my class needed nerfs all day. It's a shame, the only reason we're so strong is RnM capping @ 100% raid coverage during TFT. As well as tank damage being healable through fistweaving.
Edited by Suplift on 9/13/2013 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
RaidBots is now updating, and here are the initial (25N all parses) numbers. Keep in mind, there are all kinds of bugs with WoL currently.
-Immerseus logs are not working
-It is recording flex mode kills as normal mode kills in a lot of situations
-The only portion of Galakras that is being counted is the boss phase (the last ~2 minute burn phase)
-The only portion of Spoils that is being counted is the final burn phase after both split groups cleared
-WoL is probably not logging Norushen properly (not counting stuff that happens up top while the logger goes into the test realm).
-The crediting of healing to shields on Malkorok is all wonky (some AoE heals appear to not be working on shields)

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

Shaman - 107,734
Druid - 96,856 (11.2% behind)
Paladin - 91,009 (18.4% behind)
Disc Priest - 90,229 (19.4% behind)
Holy Priest - 89,563 (20.3% behind)
Monk - 85,011 (26.7% behind)

I think that if Immerseus had working logs, it would make Shaman a little lower and Monks a little higher, because Monks are very strong on that fight and Shaman are probably the weakest healer (no way to heal puddles except single target spam). Galakras and Spoils only counting burn phases (which are stacked phases) are also probably inflating Shaman numbers a bit, along with the fact that there are far more parses for the first 5 bosses (which is where Shaman are strongest relative to the rest of the instance) than the last 5.

Here is the data by spec score (which normalizes certain healers being really strong or really weak on individual fights). This puts the specs quite a bit closer.

Shaman - 96.2
Druid - 88.8 (8.3% behind)
Disc - 88.3 (8.9% behind)
Paladin - 84.0 (14.5% behind)
Monk - 81.1 (18.7% behind)
Holy Priest - 80.7 (19.2% behind)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Priests of any flavour are going to be the optimal healer for most healing intensive fights due to how strong our level 90 talents are. Early heroic logs are seeing Priests do at least 50% more healing than the next healer. Sounds fun!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Resto Shamans without doubt. I can understand buffs for balance sake, but when one of our minor healers suddenly becomes our top healer consistently for every fight with one single spell (Healing Rain) making literally 50% of their hps is insane. Its literally like having my own Divine Hymn up for half the fight on 25m on a Totem that does not need to be channeled is so blatant a pure upgrade from my own cooldown spell it baffles my mind how Bliz thought to allow this past ptr....

Proof: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Siege_of_Orgrimmar/hps/

Look at any of the resto shamans, and see their Healing Rain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Resto Shamans without doubt. I can understand buffs for balance sake, but when one of our minor healers suddenly becomes our top healer consistently for every fight with one single spell (Healing Rain) making literally 50% of their hps is insane. Its literally like having my own Divine Hymn up for half the fight on 25m on a Totem that does not need to be channeled is so blatant a pure upgrade from my own cooldown spell it baffles my mind how Bliz thought to allow this past ptr....

And look at any of top Disc logs and see how much of their healing comes from Divine Aegis - hint - it's generally at least as much if not more than Healing Rain for Shaman. Also, wait for heroic logs (or at least do more than the first 2 bosses on normal mode). The initial indications are that Disc Priests are coming in 30%+ ahead of every other healer on stacked fights - yet again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

And look at any of top Disc logs and see how much of their healing comes from Divine Aegis - hint - it's generally at least as much if not more than Healing Rain for Shaman. Also, wait for heroic logs (or at least do more than the first 2 bosses on normal mode). The initial indications are that Disc Priests are coming in 30%+ ahead of every other healer on stacked fights - yet again.

Yeah I was about to edit that in too. Those two definitely outshine everyone, except mist monks for that one boss.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Shamans and hpallies are dominating right now. WoL's is almost covered with shamans on 25mans minus a few bosses. Its crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think Paladins were really nerfed. Yea they removed mastery from EF but they made up elsewhere as they said, I am quite happy with my pally atm ^.^

They crippled our mana regen. For those of us, who took a couple swings to get that 4% back, it stung like a sonofa.

Selfless Healer is a mana neutral exchange of healing power. You spend 7k x 3, and get a 20k~ spell free.

EF wasn't a huge hit, but it pulled us out of "proactive healing" into a more reactive healing style because we can't prestage several ticks of healing in advance. Basically, we can't look as far into the future now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Now after all the buffs to shamans the bad ones can actually do very well now.

I guess the tears and whining was worth it in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Shamans and hpallies are dominating right now. WoL's is almost covered with shamans on 25mans minus a few bosses. Its crazy.

Are you really that bad at interpreting the data that was shown on worldoflogs? It is pretty obvious that HPallies are doing good on Kor'kron and Paragon in 10 man normal. Shamans,MW Monks and Disc Priest are dominating big time. In fact, shamans seem to be quite over the top.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Siege_of_Orgrimmar/hps/#tab-25Normal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]