Strongest 5.4 healers?

100 Worgen Priest
Even with all the nerfs, Disc still utterly dominates in some fights. I can understand it giving a bit more than other healers for certain fights, but filling almost all top ranks is a bit overboard, and resto shamans are in the same boat. One single spell from them should not consistantly make up 40-50% of their hps.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
Druids with glyph of efflorescence and shamans with the healing rush talent that heals 2 people with healing stream totem.

Holy feels so weak..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Disc and Shaman by a mile so far on heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i need a nerf
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Druids with glyph of efflorescence and shamans with the healing rush talent that heals 2 people with healing stream totem.

Holy feels so weak..

I use to do pretty good as Holy on meters at least. Now I get crushed by shaman and resto druids and even disc is shining in SoO even! More! so! then in ToT.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

On what 25mans? So far in 10mans RDruids are completely stupid and shamans are pretty bad.

10man PoV atm:

RDruid>MW>HPal=Sham=Priest. Priest, Shams, and Pallys have good fights and bad fights but MW and RDruids just completely dominate.

Also legendary cloak is undertuned for disc and resto shams by atleast 200-400% on average.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd argue MW's are slightly better in 10's because they do damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Rsham and rdruids.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MW does more dmg. on boss than the avg. Disc now being that Xuen is our talent of choice for that tier. This gives me the evil smile in the corner that mad scientist gets when he finds out how he's going to blow up the world next :D

So far I see us scaling very well and our 2/4piece bonuses are pretty powerful in helping us out in some problem areas.

I'm very happy w/ my place this patch, very competitive.

Druids and Shams tho. hrm not much to say besides at least Healing Rain has a mana cost unlike efflo :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
09/19/2013 02:25 AMPosted by Saracens

On what 25mans? So far in 10mans RDruids are completely stupid and shamans are pretty bad.
Also legendary cloak is undertuned for disc and resto shams by atleast 200-400% on average.
Yea, I do 25s. Resto shaman and disc are so far ahead on most fights that it doesn't even matter that the cloaks are doing 5-12% healing for the rest of us and 1-4% for them. They were also just as ahead on normals.

My guild is keeping logs private until progression is over to have people not worry about ranking so I can't link anything. To put some perspective on the strength of our core--Our holy pally and I have a significant number of orange and purple line parses while our two shaman, disc priest, and holy priest are almost exclusively orange line on raidbots last tier. I will admit they are better at their classes than I am at monk but I went from being competitive with them last tier to being completely outclassed this time around. The difference in our skill levels is nowhere near 30-40% margins I am seeing in SoO.

Edit: Resto shaman/disc are 20% ahead of our holy priest, paladin, and druid. Those classes tend to be 15-20% ahead of me. Spread fights I am closer to the pack, stack fights I am completely irrelevant. We are amazing on Immerseus and looks like Malkorok as well.

Hell, our disc priest provides equal damage to me on most fights while doing far more healing. I don't care if I'm not in first, I just hate being in last by such a significant margin that I can't see why you'd bring my class over another. I guess I just have to hope the throughput trinkets will scale way better for me than everyone else.

I'm just frustrated, blah.
Edited by Pandamonius on 9/19/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have no idea what your Holy Priest is doing, then, Panda.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Personally hpallies are very good in almost all raid situations. The only problem is the mana cost of holy radiance. We cannot sustain aoe healing for the whole raid. However, burst aoe healing is easy and ive seen sustained numbers of over 100k for extended periods of time.

Hpallies will still be good even with the slight nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I have no idea what your Holy Priest is doing, then, Panda.
He was #2-3 on Proraiders last tier parsing top 5 on almost every single fight. He's our healing officer and does cooldown rotations and is an exceptional player so I don't know.

-Heroic Immerseus was me by a whole lot and then everyone else within 10% (resto druid wasn't on).
-Our Heroic Protectors kill was a shaman doing 227k, another shaman doing 201k, holy priest and disc priest doing 175k, and holy pally doing 150k.
-Heroic Iron Juggernaut, Disc=Shaman by 20% > Resto Druid = Holy Priest > Holy Pally > Me, but the pally and I died at the end of the last Siege Mode.

We five heal everything unless the fight otherwise requires more or less. Four-healed Norushen, Seven-healed Iron Jugg. Disparity within healers will tighten as we get weapons, trinkets, and set bonuses...I hope.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hell, our disc priest provides equal damage to me on most fights while doing far more healing

How is he doing equal damage to you? With all the cleaving going on this tier.
Edited by Suplift on 9/19/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
How is he doing equal damage to you? With all the cleaving going on this tier.
I wasn't in on Paragons or Garrosh last week (Did Paragons in an alt run). Heroic Galakras he ended up doing very slightly less damage than me(2mil less). Norushen Heroic I did 18mil more and half the healing (Having Xuen do a million damage instead of around seven was cool too). Both fights were in the 90s for muscle memory procs. I will most likely be more aggressive on Galakras in the future.

Unless a fight actively has me focusing on doing damage, he almost always ties or beats me when it's just incidental damage on my part.

Edit: Plus in 25s, I'd generally rather hit 6-7 people with uplift for 50k than two people for 60k from a muscle memory blackout kick unless there's just nothing happening.
Edited by Pandamonius on 9/19/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Am i the only one who has found disc under whelming this patch? I ended up switching holy due to my disc healing being pretty !@#$ and pretty much the only think i brought to the group was my dps, which monks do better this patch. I switched holy and love it! For the strongest healers I'd say holy pally/resto druids/ shaman.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Priest
The one played by the person who knows their class, and hits their buttons at the right time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I netted 33mil damage on h-nuro last night. /flex
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]