Strongest 5.4 healers?

90 Night Elf Druid
RESTO DRUIDS TO OP on the PTR ENOUGH SAID
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

The buffs they got doesn't change the healing balance. If anything it just makes them close to the level of monks.

They still have the same problems.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I will be lol.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
All of this talk about 'Obsession with HPS' is rediculous.
All top guilds - ALL OF THEM, will take the healers that are strongest - AKA the healers with the best THROUGHPUT and with the best cooldowns.

The paladin 'QQ' is justified. What do they bring to the table? A devo aura? Get a tank or dps to bring that. From what I've seen in the PTR, they definitely don't bring any throughput and they're getting outhealed by the tanks. A guild will not bring them for a 'tank healer' because other healers will be way more efficient for that. The druid living seed buff alone will make them insane tank healers.

I don't understand the balancing that's occurring right now. Disc is by far the strongest of all the healers. Why they're absorbs aren't getting nerfed is beyond me.

Shammies need love, and paladins need rework.
Druids will be God mode this patch.
So:
Disc/Druid -> MW Monk -> Shammy -> H Paly
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/26/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Suplift

The buffs they got doesn't change the healing balance. If anything it just makes them close to the level of monks.

They still have the same problems.

i know :/ i was trying to make fun of blizzard

no FUN
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I think paladin/tree combos will be startlingly effective. With trees being able to deal with crazy amounts of AoE, a paladin can focus on spot-heals and keeping the tanks up. Their absorbs aren't completely crippled, and with the changes to EF, there'll be a bit more of a focus on single target heals.

What? EF focuses on single target healing already, and it's getting nerfed. There will be less immediate healing, and there will no longer be mastery-shield stacking off the HoT. Paladins are in a worse place than you think.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

The 30 yard range limits its usefulness.

L-O-effing-L

Tell ya what, I'll trade it for chain heal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

The 30 yard range limits its usefulness.

L-O-effing-L

LoD does not heal as effectively as you think, most of ToT's fights are very spread out. It also heals like wet toilet paper. Maybe you have a raiding paladin character, but if I had to bet money I would say you don't. I use it begrugingly when there's simply no other choice but to help raid heal in heavy damage, and even then it may or may not hit everybody that needs it, and you are unable to cast 3 HP LoD often. (once every 2 minutes for a few seconds with DA if the timing is perfect)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I fear for my output as a shaman. Basically the 140% buff to Holy/Druid/MW CD's pushed us down the pole a bit. There are a few changes on the PTR that'll be QOL but nothing important. If every fight is stacked aura damage then shamans will be fine. But can you really afford to keep 2 shamans on the roster if you can't bring either to next tier's dark animus fight? My only other geared alt is a paladin BUT...

Paladins. That EF nerf is easily a 7-10% output loss. Where do you think that massive IH value is coming from?? The hot is like 300k healing which is largely overhealing BUT the 100k shield per EF HoT is getting deleted/removed/dusted. They already were slipping, but this is a tumble.

Everyone else... looks to be anyone's game. Druid buffs are silly powerful potentially but we'll see. Holy Priests and MW monk are already the best raw throughput and lack shaman's significant spread penalties, no sign of that changing. Disc Absorbs... HP pools go up at half the rate of throughput via ilvls... burst will only get burstier... overhealing more dramatic and disc will only get more and more crit making a higher % of their healing be absorption.

my 2cents
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

L-O-effing-L

LoD does not heal as effectively as you think, most of ToT's fights are very spread out. It also heals like wet toilet paper. Maybe you have a raiding paladin character, but if I had to bet money I would say you don't. I use it begrugingly when there's simply no other choice but to help raid heal in heavy damage, and even then it may or may not hit everybody that needs it, and you are unable to cast 3 HP LoD often. (once every 2 minutes for a few seconds with DA if the timing is perfect)

I haven't played Pally since LK, so LoD wasn't implemented when I was raiding with him, but I do know that the Pallies that I raid with in 25 man crush my CH output with their LoD output on any fight that doesn't have stacking mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Buffs seem rather minor, the set bonuses still suck, and the mushroom change in nerf to thoroughput in exchange for being QoL changes in one shroom and it not losing it's charge on movement.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I don't think we're dead in the water but I'm just curious to see if there will be more changes. Also it's really hard to see what the impact will be as bugs in the implementation of the PTR changes have meant that no-one been able to test the changes properly.

I'd be quite shocked if their aren't more (significant) changes, but i also don't think that's a good reason to stop voicing your concerns.

I haven't raided with my Pally since DS so I'm a bit behind on the concept of things like EF shield stacking, but Blizzard has been pretty clear that they really want to tone down absorbs. That's why I think they will take a good look at Disc too. If you're worried about throughput more than mechanics, that's the kind of thing they could hotfix pretty easily if they think there's a problem (key word *if).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you're worried about throughput more than mechanics, that's the kind of thing they could hotfix pretty easily if they think there's a problem (key word *if).

You of all people know that doesn't really work, i know you put in the "if" which is the part that scares me the most from the blue post on the ptr forum
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
People who think Druids are going to be better than Mistweavers as things currently stand... are out of their minds. Mistweavers are already better on live. 4pc is the biggest single buff I can recall for a healer of all-time in its current form.

Druids are actually going to be nerfed from live (mushrooms...).

Really, someone try to make a case for how Druids are going to be stronger in 5.4 than they are currently in 5.3. No Druids will be upgraded their Tier either so quite a large loss of throughput stats there as well.

Someone make the case.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
People who think Druids are going to be better than Mistweavers as things currently stand... are out of their minds. Mistweavers are already better on live. 4pc is the biggest single buff I can recall for a healer of all-time in its current form.

Druids are actually going to be nerfed from live (mushrooms...).

Really, someone try to make a case for how Druids are going to be stronger in 5.4 than they are currently in 5.3. No Druids will be upgraded their Tier either so quite a large loss of throughput stats there as well.

Someone make the case.

The argument goes like this: There's this new spell called genesis that makes resto druid HoTs tick 400% faster... So you spend the last few seconds before the burst hits blanketing the raid then pop it when the burst hits and where every other healer gets 1 heal because of gcd locking you get 2-3 ticks in the same window on everyone, counter-sniping the snipers. It isn't really a throughput buff so much as a meter-padding buff but some people are convinced that HPS is actually a valid basis for comparing healing specs.

As the PTR sits now I'd expect HPS charts to look like:

mistweaver (if 4 pc)->disc->holy priest/resto druid->mistweaver (no 4 pc)->holy paladin->resto shaman

Of course HPS is a terrible way to compare healing capability in an environment where the damage to be healed is significantly less than the potential healing ability (the current state of WoW) but it's what's out there...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
If Blizzard let's our 4 pc remain when 5.4 goes live, then, I don't know what's going on.

As for T16? A lot of them seem spread the hell out fights, so I'm sorry Shamans, unless they enhance (get it?) your toolkit.

Otherwise, I think everything else will be just fine.

But there's so many changes that could happen between now and 5.4. They'll get some ideas when they do more testing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

I haven't played Pally since LK, so LoD wasn't implemented when I was raiding with him, but I do know that the Pallies that I raid with in 25 man crush my CH output with their LoD output on any fight that doesn't have stacking mechanics.

One thing I didn't mention is that I have only done 10 man, so it is very possible that my opinion of LoD is accurate but merely 10m specific. I glyph it for 10m too when I feel it will help more, it's just not (IMO) an efficient use of HP even glyphed when I can just stack those shields. I might end up using HR/LoD a dozen times on a boss fight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
That is absolute utter nonsense.

They've changed your class with some mastery/hot changes.

Haste will be quite a bit stronger and you will be incredible tank and spot healers. Which, hey you rolled a pally, what a pally should be; That's their niche.
So, don't boohoo because you shouldn't be fulfilling a Resto Druid or Shaman's niche.
Fact of the matter the worst case scenario is Pally = Middle of the pack. Aka, Balanced.

Speaking of nonsense, what are you smokin? Paladins aren't tank healers and haven't been in some time. Fact is most of our heals are rather anemic. Eternal Flame is the best spread healing we have right now, and without it we will suffer unless they buff our aoe tool kit. Also, you think shamans are great spread healers? lol..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Paladins are getting nerfed not because of their high HPS, but because stacking shields was not an intended mechanic for paladins. This is not just my opinion; there was a dev post on the PTR forums saying that the mastery interaction with EF, and its low overheal, was one of the things they were targeting. Discipline had the same ability with 5.0 Divine Aegis -- when POH guaranteed DA -- and they were limited to only being able to stack shields using cooldowns, and their mastery was changed to being something that could overheal. Partly because that ability was too strong, and partly because overheal protection lowers the skill required to play that spec.

The stated intent is NOT to lower Holy paladins' HPS, so I would expect to see your Holy-spec heals boosted by the end of the PTR.

BTW, one of the EF nerfs on the PTR was reverted; the upfront heal is no longer being reduced. So it will still raw-heal for more than Word of Glory.

Unfortunately there are still no PTR notes on shamans. It seems likely that they will be in the same pigeonhole they are now. :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

The argument goes like this: There's this new spell called genesis that makes resto druid HoTs tick 400% faster

Bit of a misconception/poor wording there from the notes. Genesis only causes it to expire 400% faster, condensing duration and removing ticks.

counter-sniping the snipers. It isn't really a throughput buff so much as a meter-padding buff but some people are convinced that HPS is actually a valid basis for comparing healing specs.

Bingo!

Is why I'm not overly thrilled with this spell. It's nothing more than a bone thrown to a class that has long complained about heal sniping. It's not a buff. It's just an AOE meter pad for burst damage. We're losing potential healing from Rejuvs by using Genesis, just to get easier guaranteed healing from MAX 4 ticks, and likely 1-2 ticks on most targets - And that's assuming you just spent the last 10seconds spamming nothing but rejuv.

So on any sustained heavy damage rejuv blanket situation, you're costing yourself more mana than it's worth by using genesis and having to replace Rejuvs, when SM>WG>Shrooms would have similar effect at a fraction of the mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]