Strongest 5.4 healers?

90 Draenei Priest
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I come bearing a message. The #1 healer you pick today will most likely see the nerfbat tomorrow. You may be lucky, but luck runs out. Pick your favorite and master it.

My 2c.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I come bearing a message. The #1 healer you pick today will most likely see the nerfbat tomorrow. You may be lucky, but luck runs out. Pick your favorite and master it.

My 2c.

Alas, for a perfect world....truly this would be the case for every class and spec, not just healers.

But, this is not a perfect world, and neither is warcraft perfect. Even if you resolve to stick with a spec and class, the rug may be pulled out from under you and you may no longer recognize the spec you are playing (*cough* Chakra *cough*), or your spec could be holding you back.

Just ask the Shaman, and they'll tell you what a difficult and lonely path it can be to stick with one class all the time.

It isn't good to reroll FOTM, but sometimes you have to acknowledge reality, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mistweavers with current 4pc are going to destroy everyone. It's not even debatable. If that isn't changed every single serious 10m will be Mistweaver + Disc.

Yeah for MW + Disc. That is our comp right now =D
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
If you're looking at pure numbers...I think it will be

Monks (They are really, really broken)
Priests
Druids
Pallys (RIP)
Shamans *not sure on this one... starting to think they may be a little higher up*

ultimately though it does come down to player skill, gear level, fight mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Everyone knows that Applejack is the best healer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I for one welcome our new disc priest overlords...

New?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Shammies need love, and paladins need rework.
Druids will be God mode this patch.
So:
Disc/Druid -> MW Monk -> Shammy -> H Paly

Are you suggesting Holy Pallies will have a patch where they are not god-mode? THIS SHALL NOT STAND!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
ITT: no one has seen the new monk 4pc where it's down to 3% chance.

ITT: people overreacting about eternal flame nurf

ITT: ignore blizzards disclaimer about ptr being subject to change
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The obsession with HPS is baffling. While it can be a good indicator of who isn't pulling their weight, a lot of people use it as the only metric to measure how good a healer is doing. Trackers like Skada and Recount don't give indication of burst heals at certain points, and, while WoL can be a lot better in that regard, it often doesn't show proper context without a good amount of digging beforehand, and not every raid has it.

/agree

Heals cast at critical points are lost on meters. Nobody really digs through WoL and comes back a day later with an "Ataboy!".

It's all part of a broader issue of attempting to distill performance down to a single metric, be it dps or hps. You seldom see someone posting dispels or interrupts. What you see most often is someone ignoring priority adds, hyperfocusing on the boss and/or AoE'ing when they should be single targeting to cheese the numbers and then offering an unsolicited post of recount to show their superiority. This becomes contagious, because who doesn't want to be at the top of the meters? And others start ignoring things, figuring someone else will deal with it, so they too can look good on the meters. Fortunately, not everyone plays this way.

But I digress. The original question had to do with best healing classes in 5.4. I'm 0/6 on timing my healing class with FOTM. And it's not for a lack of trying. So it just won't be MW.

Also, BTW, I generally don't know what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Just ask the Shaman, and they'll tell you what a difficult and lonely path it can be to stick with one class all the time.

It isn't good to reroll FOTM, but sometimes you have to acknowledge reality, too.

Yup. I really, really didn't want to leave my Shaman behind on my old server, but I just wasn't having fun with him anymore by the time Cata was over, and the MoP beta did nothing to improve that (and might have made it worse for me). If I hadn't rerolled I'd have probably quit before this year started.

I didn't expect Monk to be "FOTM" ever, but I knew that since they were a new class I could at least expect work done of them on a regular basis if they weren't working out. It helps that the spec is a blast to play and looks cool during a fight. I get to punch, kick, shoot beams and lighting and even summon a shiny tiger, all while healing. Fun stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If nothing changes for Holy Paladins from what their current state is on the PTR, you will see
high end raid guilds sitting their Holy Pallies.
Edited by Diesallot on 8/2/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hpals are still going to be powerful. Not as powerful, but in "raw strength" we'll be up there. The problem is mechanics. The change in EF is going to reduce both our overhealing, and our effective healing, however rather than using EF to blanket, we can just use HL/HS.

My largest concern is the mana nerfs. But... With the spirit changes for monks, they may end up in the same boat. Every other healing running at "twice" if not more their spirit wasn't exactly good design. The re-juggling of spirit and throughput stats should bring them down a sizable notch regardless of their 4pc.

That said, it's probably going to be Disc/MW fighting for #1 situationally. Druids & pallies for #2, and Shamwows inching closer to #3. Things may change up quite a bit based on fight design though, depending on how well the fights play to each spec's mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If nothing changes for Holy Paladins from what their current state is on the PTR, you will see
high end raid guilds sitting their Holy Pallies.

We currently have no plans to sit our Holy Paladins in favor of another class. We may drop down to 1 Paladin instead of a solid 2 for each encounter, but that's nothing new.

That said, it's probably going to be Disc/MW fighting for #1 situationally. Druids & pallies for #2, and Shamwows inching closer to #3. Things may change up quite a bit based on fight design though, depending on how well the fights play to each spec's mechanics.

You missed the spec that's flying under the radar currently, and stomping most of the other classes.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/2/2013 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oops, yah. I think Holy is gonna be either #1 or #2 depending on the fight mechanics. They're nice and strong, but not overly so. However if the mechanics are kind they may just stomp everyone depending on balancing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Oops, yah. I think Holy is gonna be either #1 or #2 depending on the fight mechanics. They're nice and strong, but not overly so. However if the mechanics are kind they may just stomp everyone depending on balancing.

4pc bugged for three builds now. Beginning to wonder if it's intentional.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy is like Disc's little brother that no one ever realizes is in the room.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Holy is like Disc's little brother that no one ever realizes is in the room.

Until they're getting stomped on the meters. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The most recent Healing Rain changes (buffing it by 100% across the board instead of an increased 25 man target cap) are likely to put Shaman in an even stronger overall position next tier. The change basically slightly nerfs stacked throughput but significantly buffs 10 man throughput, as well as throughput on spread fights in 25 man (you can almost always at least get 4+ targets in Healing Rain on any fight no matter how spread it is). It will essentially make the difference in our output between spread and stacked fights less dramatic.

Druids still look amazing, and the new 4 piece set bonus is a huge buff and probably the best of any set bonus. I still suspect they are the most likely spec to be the #1 healer next tier. Monks should be slightly buffed over live especially for stacked healing with the new Rushing Jade Wind.

The only reason Holy Priests look strong on the PTR right now is the bugged 4 piece. There is no way that it's intentional, because it would make a set bonus account for 10%+ extra output. Disc is likely to fall back closer to the middle of the pack with the combination of the legendary cloak likely sucking for them, the Spirit Shell nerf, the Rapture nerf and the most recent PW:S nerf. Considering that the spec has been the unquestioned #1 healer since at least 5.1, it's probably overdue - especially with how much Disc mechanics deflate the performance of other healers. I think Disc will be about even with Holy, but that both specs will be well below Druids/Monks/Shaman.

I think people have been heavily over exaggerating the weakness of holy pallies this entire PTR cycle. With the most recent buffs they got last night, they are more than fine, and should be competitive with the priest specs at least. People have to remember that the fact that Disc and Pallies have their 3 minute raid cooldown not reflect on meters at all, while it shows up for every other spec (and generally accounts for 10%+ of their output). As a result, if healers are properly balanced, Pallies and Disc Priests should be at the bottom of pure output unless you remove healing done by Tranq/DH/Revival/HTT.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

/agree

Heals cast at critical points are lost on meters. Nobody really digs through WoL and comes back a day later with an "Ataboy!".

Maybe in bad guilds. Back in Wrath/Cata when I was the healing officer for my guild, I would dig into logs to look for how my team performed at critical moments after every raid, as soon as the data was uploaded to WoL. It's the only way to answer questions like: Are you scaling your healing output appropriately to incoming damage? Are you using your cooldowns as much and as efficiently as possible?

Also, BTW, I generally don't know what I'm talking about.

Ah, ok.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
hard to say indeed, 10 man probably hpaly/disc assuming no unexpected nerfs happen. 25man now thats where the big question get asked. I dont think any healer is going to stand out for long, every healer has got a powerful mastery so even the bursty healers can get outmatched because of the raid format by aE healer. thats just my opinion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]