Strongest 5.4 healers?

100 Troll Priest
Lol @ all the people riding the 5.1 disc priest opd wave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Healing is a team effort. And every class has its moments depending on raid mechanics. I've raided with every combo out there 25man to 10man and as long as the healers all know there class bosses go down and everyone is still alive. We use WoL to figure out when people are lagging and it is never a class problem but a player error not being prepared for something. But if you are looking at being carried roll a disc and Druid no matter what and whatever else you want to raid. The shrooms are gonna be epic along with raid heals and the priests don't even have to look up to do numbers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
hpallies may not have high output, but the utilities for some fights are pretty useful, hand of purity and hand of sacrifice smooths out the otherwise crazy damage on one player, with the additional glyph for hand of sacrifice, it'll be a defensive cd for when anyone takes huge damage, such as Primordius's Volatile Pathogen etc. That said though, any pallies can bring those utilities, but usually dps and tank won't be using hand of sacrifice or purity on anyone other than themselves without anyone shouting for it. Healers themselves will usually be the best judge on using these cds on which members as they're the ones keeping an eye on health and status of the raid group.
In addition, 3 sacred shields up at almost full time(cast one every 10 secs on diff members) should be able to absorb quite a lot of damage i guess.
Edited by Leoryl on 8/15/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
There is nothing wrong with Resto Shammies. We LOVE healing three times as hard as other healers for a third less throughput! /sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is nothing wrong with Resto Shammies. We LOVE healing three times as hard as other healers for a third less throughput! /sarcasm

If things stay similar to the current PTR quota Resto Shaman should be in a good spot as far as HPS is concerned. It's been a long time coming, but better late than never, right?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I see posts saying monks? I personally never see good healer monks in PVP or PVE. I almost always get top healing for what that is worth. << I never see any good monks. esp in pvp
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I love hearing shamans qq even after ultra buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
PvP I think Disc, is always going to be a little op. Its easy to push out decent damage while keeping people around you alive, and if it comes down to it you can always stop dishing out moderate damage and just heal. As for raiding its up and down all the time I think everyone forgets that HPS or healing done doesn't make a good raid healer, good raid heals means everyone stays alive. Charts don't really matter, survivability of the group is all that matters.
Reply Quote
19 Human Priest
Holy priest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I love how almost every one of these threads have people ranking the healers from best to worst, and mysteriously, Holy Priests are rarely if ever mentioned. <sigh> I guess I'll keep healing away alone in the corner.
Edited by Rislyn on 8/21/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Holy priest.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Taurens, because they are big.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I love how almost every one of these threads have people ranking the healers from best to worst, and mysteriously, Holy Priests are rarely if ever mentioned. <sigh> I guess I'll keep healing away alone in the corner.

Don't worry, a lot of the FotM disc players will convert when they realize how OP Holy is.

It's OP on live imo. And 5.4 will just be rofl.

Seems blizzards goal is to just OP the spec until enough people play it.

For the record, this isn't QQ. Me love Holy priests. I just wish people were not so blind and actually gave the spec a chance. Instead, we have specs getting buffed because it's underplayed, and (imo) disc getting nerfed, because it's overplayed.

Stop boycotting Holy Priests and I bet disc wouldn't suffer such nerf bats:P
Reply Quote
Stop boycotting Holy Priests and I bet disc wouldn't suffer such nerf bats:P

No, keep this going. I'm going to enjoy stomping out 5.4 and being told my spec isn't viable.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

I am willing to bet on these things.

1. You are not in heroics.

2. You are 3 healing with at least one absorb class.

3. You are stacking spirit.

If at least two of these are right, then you don't need to complain their junior.
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk
There is nothing wrong with Resto Shammies. We LOVE healing three times as hard as other healers for a third less throughput! /sarcasm I am willing to bet on these things.1. You are not in heroics.2. You are 3 healing with at least one absorb class.3. You are stacking spirit.If at least two of these are right, then you don't need to complain their junior.

The funny part is he is semi stacking spirit (at almost 10k with meta...) and as a shaman he is stacking haste....wtf..? if im not mistaken that is by far their worst stat? doesn't everyone focus on either crit or mastery? so im guessing that is his problem. He has no right to complain if he is just plain doing it wrong..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/23/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Caylarin
if im not mistaken that is by far their worst stat?

you are mistaken.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
[quote] The funny part is he is semi stacking spirit (at almost 10k with meta...) and as a shaman he is stacking haste....wtf..? if im not mistaken that is by far their worst stat? doesn't everyone focus on either crit or mastery? so im guessing that is his problem. He has no right to complain if he is just plain doing it wrong..

Nah the funny part is you have absolutely no clue.

Mastery is !@#$ for shaman because if you heal with an absorb healer of any type they overwrite our triage healing.
Shaman stack spirit to where they are comfortable OR they do nothing but stack spirit for progression 25 man to be a mana battery.
Shaman stack haste to 7166+ for the extra tick from healing tide totem/HR. (plus a bit more to make up for server lag etc that can effect us not getting our extra tick if you are close to the break point)
So haste to the point then crit then spirit and mastery at 50% cause its a truly pathetic and worthless stat for resto shaman with a disc or holy pally around.

He has every right to complain, shaman have been pathetic for 6+ patches, they go in and fix us to where we are actually pushing top numbers and then a week or so before the patch nerf our main heal AND our scaling from spell power a full 30%

Ya, the fact that you do not hear huge out cries from the gutting they just did is because they are so used to it that they have basically given up that Bliz has a clue and are rerolling Holy!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
In addition, 3 sacred shields up at almost full time(cast one every 10 secs on diff members) should be able to absorb quite a lot of damage i guess.

Assuming the fight mechanics are good for it.

Also Sacred Shield doesn't scale with Crit or Mastery, which is a bit crappy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]