How do I compete with a disc 10m?

90 Troll Druid
Please tell me of a spell that in any way competes with Spirit shell. I'm waiting...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
a disc priest played at the same skill level as a druid shouldn't be able to come remotely close to the druid on heroic tortos meters unless the raid's strat is to ignore crystal shells
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
a disc priest played at the same skill level as a druid shouldn't be able to come remotely close to the druid on heroic tortos meters unless the raid's strat is to ignore crystal shells

Who said otherwise?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Please tell me of a spell that in any way competes with Spirit shell. I'm waiting...

Spirit Shell isn't a spell, it's a cool-down. But... if you must know, this is a very difficult question to answer without specifying the conditions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Priests AND druids need nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Wild Mushroom.

No they don't lol.

Unless the fight is similar to ra-den. A resto druid should always beat a disc on the meters.
Regardless if a disc priest is pulling high numbers. He's probably not atonement healing as much as he should be. Which is extremely bad, not to mention this is stopping the resto druid co-healer from doing his healing.

If a disc priest does lets say a solid 60k dps and mainly only uses spiritshell to offset raid damage or prevent huge bursts, and only does say 90k hps. That's far better than a disc priest who does 140k hps on ra-den and all he does is sit there and spam PoH and stealing the healing of his co-healer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Okay, serious answer which is more or less the same as the short answer I gave at the start of the thread.

The way you 'compete' with a disc priest is by working together as much as possible. If your disc cohealer trusts you to keep people in the raid alive, s/he can focus on being useful by contributing as much dps as possible. There are times on some fights where absorb blanketing, either with PW:S or Spirit Shell is the most useful thing for the priest to be doing for the sake of the raid, and that's fine.

In a perfect world, the priest will help the raid out with just enough absorbs and direct heals to ensure that people survive. The druid can handle the rest. If the priest does 'too much' absorbing and eats into the druid's 'share' of the healing, it might make the priest look amazing individually (or the druid lackluster), but the overall hps+dps of the healing team goes down. Too little healing from the priest and people die. Good healing teams can find the right balance when they get used to one another.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Okay, serious answer which is more or less the same as the short answer I gave at the start of the thread.

The way you 'compete' with a disc priest is by working together as much as possible. If your disc cohealer trusts you to keep people in the raid alive, s/he can focus on being useful by contributing as much dps as possible. There are times on some fights where absorb blanketing, either with PW:S or Spirit Shell is the most useful thing for the priest to be doing for the sake of the raid, and that's fine.

In a perfect world, the priest will help the raid out with just enough absorbs and direct heals to ensure that people survive. The druid can handle the rest. If the priest does 'too much' absorbing and eats into the druid's 'share' of the healing, it might make the priest look amazing individually (or the druid lackluster), but the overall hps+dps of the healing team goes down. Too little healing from the priest and people die. Good healing teams can find the right balance when they get used to one another.

Thisss! Looked through some of your logs and in some of them it just seemed like the priest was healing just to meter pad.

When I first started healing with the druid I heal with now on my disc priest, I healed way more than I needed to purely because I hadn't healed with him yet and wasn't sure as to what he could handle. Now when we 3 heal fights we have 2 disc priests + him and we seem to all sync very well with one another. And even when it's just him and I we seem to work well together. Healing shouldn't be a competition.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You don't. Disc is pretty much just better than a Druid right now for 10s, although there are fights (eg Tortos) where you should be able to shine.

Just keep healing away, get boss kills, and wait for the nice 5.4 buffs you'll be getting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No they don't lol.

Monks too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wild Mushroom.

Are you seriously going to compare a spell that you must place and people must be practically stacked to use efficiently?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/25/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Trollmendous
Wild Mushroom.

Are you seriously going to compare a spell that you must place and people must be practically stacked to use efficiently?

Do you seriously want me to compare any spell to a personal cooldown? Next thing you want me to compare any healing spell to how powerful avenging wrath is.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I am doing this from my phone since I can't use a work computer for anything but work at work.

Anyways I want to say that disc are easily beatable in hps and dps. You just gotto be a monk, it's that simple and easy.

Here is a link to wow heroes with my last weeks heroic iron Qon ranking on it. Where I do 115k hps and our disc does like 90k hps. Also beat him in dps for the fight. Also so you can check the logs and see that any fight I either beat the disc in hps or dps depending on what I am doing. I am our half heals on any fight we don't need any extra heals.

Also fist weavers can do about 150k dps on tortos and heal about 60k hps. Monks rule. Check the logs, sorry got to route you through wow heros. Can't get to world of logs on my phone.
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Sargeras/fistsoganja/
Edited by Fistsoganja on 6/25/2013 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You'll tend to notice the numbers even out when fights have a wider spread of incoming damage. If the damage is high and consistent, HoTs will do better. On predictable bursts, disc and paladins are going to rock. This isn't new, its more just the fights we have now are predictably bursty.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
06/24/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Jujubiju
You could start by not viewing it as a competition. =\

^ this. Stop staring at meters. Healing isn't about winning meters.

A good healer knows how to work well with their other healers- even if they aren't "winning".

this^. one of my guilds healers has this problem as well.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
To those who say "Meters don't matter". You would never make this argument about dps. Even though all the same things would be true. The boss still dies even if a spec is underperforming in dps, right? So by your logic, no dps or healer was ever in need of a buff of any kind? It's silly. Of course Disc is far too good right now. Blizzard has even said as much.

Hun, that's because dps is a completely different ballgame than healing.

Healing (as you know) depends on:

1) How much damage is your raid taking?
2) What are the other healers in your group?
3) How long is the fight lasting? This is an indirect dependency- the longer a fight lasts, the more you have to heal. The shorter it is, the less you have to heal.
4) Cooldowns- how often are you using them?
5) Are you tank healing or group healing?

With dps, it's a lot different. A dps might have to target change, interrupt etc. DPS is also very, very gear dependent (healing is to an extent, but has more situational factors to it). A raid boss has a static health pool- a dpser's job is to make that health pool go down.

A players health pool depends on how much damage they are taking compared to how much their healers are healing them. And while a healer can be affected by gear, it's not the end all be all for them as it is with dps. Also, dps tends to be a lot more consistent than healing is.

Dps fluctuates with gear; healing does not (to an extent). That's why actual HPS isn't a good way to judge a healer. Healing done is a good way to though.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/25/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The way you 'compete' with a disc priest is by working together as much as possible. If your disc cohealer trusts you to keep people in the raid alive, s/he can focus on being useful by contributing as much dps as possible.

Sounds like you're just asking the priest to do less.

06/25/2013 12:36 AMPosted by Veroicone
Thisss! Looked through some of your logs and in some of them it just seemed like the priest was healing just to meter pad.

Isn't this the best thing to do? Why should he let unnecessary damage through if he can absorb it? To throw Frozen a bone?

06/25/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Fistsoganja
Here is a link to wow heroes with my last weeks heroic iron Qon ranking on it. Where I do 115k hps and our disc does like 90k hps. Also beat him in dps for the fight. Also so you can check the logs and see that any fight I either beat the disc in hps or dps depending on what I am doing. I am our half heals on any fight we don't need any extra heals.

Really nice, and so close to ranking.

In the first 3 phases, wouldn't you be dropping spears in melee, or when did you fistweave?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Second place is the first place loser.

-Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Anybody who is content with second place has no fire. Though i do find it amusing that people pretend it is okay. This is a competitive game. I get crushed by our MW, who i like a lot and am glad he is my healing partner, but will say i am not cool with it and i hustle to try to beat him even though i have no chance.
Edited by Taelaus on 6/25/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
06/25/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Rexoss
The way you 'compete' with a disc priest is by working together as much as possible. If your disc cohealer trusts you to keep people in the raid alive, s/he can focus on being useful by contributing as much dps as possible.

Sounds like you're just asking the priest to do less.

If a Disc priest can add a bunch of DPS while I handle the light to moderate raid damage, how is that asking them to do less? Sure, the Disc priest who is my healing partner and I often fool around with bragging rights (I outgear him by a touch, which he uses as his excuse), but at the end of the day, our relative value isn't in the healing meters alone.
Edited by Pipikaula on 6/25/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I used to complain about disc priests/holy pallies. They are a lot more balanced now. I can keep up with the disc priest, sometimes have more healing done then them too.

Keep in mind, I raid on a disc priest also. And I got called OP on my priest last night against a monk healer.

Things to consider - PW:S will likely destroy you in heals...

But do you have any idea how much spirit/mana regen we need to do that? LOL. PW:S is VERY costly.

Where as on my druid I can rejuv all 10 people and LoL and have no mana issues - I can't just PW:S 10 people and LOL about mana =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]