dungeon question

66 Human Warlock
Hi to all. Ok so I'm a complete newbie and I'm really sort of in need of help or advise. Hope this is the place to get it. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.
Help/advise on: I have quite a few dungeon quests to do and I think I know how to go getting involved in them but my fear is that I'm doing it wrong (only having done 1). If I join in on a dungeon quest or get transferred to it, will someone let me know if I've stuffed up or done something wrong? and if I have messed up how do I get the help/advise I need not to make the same mistake again, or where can I go or will someone let me know during the dungeon? Sorry, I'm really unsure of what I'm doing while in the company of others that I would hate to piss someone off and then not be able to finish all my dungeon stuff or maybe not be able to join a group to do dungeons (which I hope to do later when I get more confident). Long winded I know but any advise will be of a great help. cheers.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hi Cath,

You are most definitely in the right place and this is still one of the most daunting things in the game, due to the social element involved.

The way I handle it is:

- Grab the quests and check out on the dungeon map straight away where abouts each one will be required to be completed and how (boss kill (easy), activating something (if so, where?).

- If others are stopping with you, yay! Never fear, they'll be in the same boat as you.

- If the rest of the group has stormed on ahead, just politely /i and say something like

'Hi guys, this is my first time in here. Mind if we knock off the quests as we go?' or something to that effect.

- If I've come in part way, I usually go 'Hi everyone! Are there any share quests available?'

Most people will come back with 'Sure! No problems!' and actively help you. They've done it before themselves and anyone at that level is MAD to pass up on easy XP and blue loot.

If they don't give you the assistance, just do it anyway. It's as much your dungeon as it is theres. Own your right to your dungeon experience. Just because you are a dps (or any other class for that matter), does not mean that you have any less right to gain the full potential out of the dungeon than someone else. That includes the quests!

<3
Edited by Aislinge on 6/24/2013 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Human Warlock
Excellent, thankyou very much for the advise. Still hesitating but I know I've got to just jump in.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I know it's daunting and I used to be someone who cared about how others saw me online. To some extent I still do.

So long as I'm always taking the high road and being polite and courteous, I'm no longer bothered by what others think. Right down to them spamming Recount telling me I'm doing crummy dps on my scrub alt!

Remember, they don't know you. The chances of bumping into them again are slim to none. As a bonus, you can ignore them which will ensure you'll never run with them again :P
Reply Quote
66 Human Warlock
Again thanks for the advise but to pick your brain a little more, I'm confused about the pickups of items that are left as I've noticed some are left with items that are not being picked up and I don't want to pick them up or are we supposed to leave them? Plus I noticed last night that I joined a dungeon but it didn't come off my quest log, which really played with my brain so now I'm really confused with dungeon quests. Hope this makes sense? Again cheers for help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]