Some of the best specs in game suck!

90 Human Priest
Spriest- Viable but not as wanted as boomkin/lock

Warrior- Not really viable at all, dk can do everything they can but better, prots eh right now as well

Hunter- Only bm is viable, MM actually requires skill and is enjoyable but gets stomped on by BM

Rshammy- Inferior to all other healing specs

Feral-Forced to fc now instead of having a choice

Ret pally- Dk's taken instead for same reason as warrior

On top of that nerfs incoming for Boomy's and Shadowpriests with their static damage reduction being removed and bm hunters will be slightly more responsible for their damage output making it harder to avoid their burst.
Edited by Borrá on 6/23/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If your question could be answered...the game would implode.

Side note: Thought Druid/Feral was in a good place over all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Sorry, should change the title. I just wanted a bit of discussion on it.

Ferals decent atm but in any rbg setting they're forced to fc because they're by far the best atm. I hate it when classes are forced into roles when initially they're meant to do something else (like dos!)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I can't imagine that ferals make good FCs. Still many people claim that ferals are OP. I don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I can't imagine that ferals make good FCs. Still many people claim that ferals are OP. I don't get it.

They changed it so ANY fc will take a ton of damage regardless of spec (you could be a prot pally and still take similar damage to a rogue) so then the spec that does better right now is feral because they can kite extremely well for the first 4 stacks and then once they get past that they have bear defensive & are able to shift out of roots.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
Nearly all of those classes are still top-mid tier.

If you're not being taken to RBGs, make your own group.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DK are the best...XD
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Shaman
Gotta love this class homogenization.....used to be a class would offer something different for the whole raid, but then not every fight was a dps race mixed with mechanics. Some fights mech, some fights dps race, some a little of both but any class could still excell. Now with all the clone specs its kinda stupid if you dont take whats better. Blame no one but the qqers that cry bc they dont have everyting the other class has and a little bit of blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Thats not what this post is about, this post is about classes not being viable because others are simply overtuned or because they fit one role too well to even be considered at all for something else. There was a similar problem to this in vanilla where a druid had to heal, or a warrior had to tank simply because thats all they were any good for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
homogenization

Been seeing this word thrown around a lot ever since that Legendary episode...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk

Thats not what this post is about, this post is about classes not being viable because others are simply overtuned or because they fit one role too well to even be considered at all for something else. There was a similar problem to this in vanilla where a druid had to heal, or a warrior had to tank simply because thats all they were any good for.

Then I disagree with you, my core group would do well no matter what class we play.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Then I disagree with you, my core group would do well no matter what class we play.

That's really what it comes down to. A team of well coordinated people who have a history of playing with each other is going to take just about any composition of classes pretty far. Maybe not Gladiator status but they're not going to have a bad time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

That's really what it comes down to. A team of well coordinated people who have a history of playing with each other is going to take just about any composition of classes pretty far. Maybe not Gladiator status but they're not going to have a bad time.

You may be able to do well but it will never be anything near optimal which is why classes need more small fixes in balancing instead of big nerf here, big buff there, etc. which leaves some classes strong and some weak at any given point in time.

Some classes simply just can't compete with others. There wasn't a SINGLE arms warrior above 2.2k in rbg's at the end of cata when that was their only dps pvping spec. Hunters were rare above that rating as were ret paladins.
Edited by Borrá on 6/24/2013 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Well yeah you FC on CTF maps (mobility) and smash faces in on other maps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
With the nerfs coming to Mannoroths Fury and KJC next patch, locks will not be AS wanted... so just wait till then.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I'm hoping next patch Ret will be a bit more wanted with the extra CC and Inquisition Glyph buff we're getting.

I would LOVE for a serious high ranked MMR RBG group to have me go with them into one RBG match and let me prove to them that Ret can pull their weight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Plus isn't pally getting a fear as well? O.O
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Plus isn't pally getting a fear as well? O.O

Yes ma'am. That's what I was referring to as the extra CC. I'm hoping it is a step up to being wanting in RBG's higher than 1500!

I know the Turn Evil glyph will be changed also so it won't be instant, or else it would be TOO op.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
06/24/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Borrá

You may be able to do well but it will never be anything near optimal which is why classes need more small fixes in balancing instead of big nerf here, big buff there, etc. which leaves some classes strong and some weak at any given point in time.

Some classes simply just can't compete with others. There wasn't a SINGLE arms warrior above 2.2k in rbg's at the end of cata when that was their only dps pvping spec. Hunters were rare above that rating as were ret paladins.

Your classes aren't what's keeping you from breaking 1800, just keep practicing your CC chains and your communication. Get a real group together, get used to each other's voices. Stop pugging random people.

There wasn't a Arms Warrior at the end of cata above 2200 because Prot was so good, and there was no reason to take two warriors. Hunters and Rets were fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was referring to as the extra CC

no its on the same tier as foj and rep i believe.. no extra cc just another cc option.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]