Take Silvershard Mines out of RBG rotation.

100 Human Warrior
I'm not sure why this is something that even requires thought. There's no point in keeping a BG where the side that gets Horde almost automatically wins.

Seriously just take it out until you fix it.
Reply Quote
37 Night Elf Druid
lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm not sure why this is something that even requires thought. There's no point in keeping a BG where the side that gets Horde almost automatically wins.

Seriously just take it out until you fix it.

Saying Horde automatically wins is an exaggeration and makes for a poor post because of it. What you should have said is that there's no point in keeping a BG where it's noticeably easier for one faction to gain points than the other.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Saying Horde automatically wins is an exaggeration and makes for a poor post because of it. What you should have said is that there's no point in keeping a BG where it's noticeably easier for one faction to gain points than the other.

He said "almost"...and it's more-so almost true in Rated BGs. The fact that he said rated, and not random does show a lot. When it comes to experienced, skilled, equally geared teams..that extra couple hundred points is pretty important. Their supposed "fix" did nothing but guarantee lava is right close to capping when the gates open..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Don't be stupid if you are alliance you should take Water and earth, let the horde take lava and stop them on the middle when they try to go to another car.

however if you are Horde you definetly go to lava then send almost everybody to earth.

at least that's what i use it works the most of the time. XD
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
That's the problem.......Lava caps way faster than the other two giving Horde time to cap Lava and then zerg Earth before it caps.

Horde has a definite advantage. Carts should not start until gates open.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
If all ten horde players focus on the lava cart (which spawns RIGHT NEXT to their spawn point) they can win by only capping 1 cart.

The BG is completely skewed in horde favor. Really does need to be redesigned a bit. The lava cart shaft should be a bit longer so that is not a viable option.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If all ten horde players focus on the lava cart (which spawns RIGHT NEXT to their spawn point) they can win by only capping 1 cart.

This is not true. You can't win with just 1 cart the WHOLE time. It gives a good lead at the beginning though.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
That BG still exists? *Checks list* Oh right it's blacklisted. >.>

Rated or Random, it's a terrible BG and could have been much better.
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 6/24/2013 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Is there ANY alliance who has NOT blacklisted it for randoms?
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
It's the devs way of paying you back for AV :P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

AV isn't in Rateds.

And if you cap lava the whole time, you need to cap 1-2 of the others to win. That's all. Just 1-2, plus lava the whole game, and you win.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Is there ANY alliance who has NOT blacklisted it for randoms?

It's a small, fast-paced BG where individual contributions matter in a huge way, and whatever Horde bias exists in it would matter only if the teams are perfectly even in all other ways.

This doesn't happen in randoms. The thing where the Horde "can just control Lava and win" almost never occurs. Sometimes, the Horde control two carts - or all three carts. Sometimes, they can't even hold lava. Depends on the team.

The small size and fast pace means that you (you personally) can overcome the bias by being good at fighting people.

For randoms, I like it just fine. My win/loss for it is as good as it is for most of the BGs I do, and better than I get for some of them.
Edited by Sylassanna on 6/24/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Nobody wins silvershard by controlling 1 cart. Stop lying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
And if you cap lava the whole time, you need to cap 1-2 of the others to win. That's all. Just 1-2, plus lava the whole game, and you win.

Actually was in a game where alliance controlled lava the whole game, we controlled north and water.. Can't remember final score though, but yea they were close to 1k I think? So, maybe completely controlling lava, and just getting a few other caps here or there may win it ;)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
using the switchboards to your team's advantage is hard
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
using the switchboards to your team's advantage is hard

Switching the tracks at the beginning of the game is almost impossible.

If AV were Rated, Horde would win it every time (if they try).
Edited by Esclamayshun on 6/25/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]