Can I have been that stupid for that long?

8 Human Rogue
Today marks the 87th day that I forged a lightning steel ingot. For the first 86 days I made my way to the door of the forge, clicked on it, and watched the pretty lightning as the door slowly opened while the two guards futilely beat on me. Finally, today I noticed that I could run into the forge right after clicking the door...I didn't have to wait for them to actually open.

Really? Maybe, umm, Blizzard made a stealth patch that allowed that to happen just today? I think I'll believe that instead of the fact that I spent almost 3 months waiting for that stupid door to open.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
... Well, at least you took some time to stop and look at the pretty pixels, dear. I'm sure the devs appreciate your appreciation.

/pat
Reply Quote
60 Pandaren Monk
Don't feel bad. I spent my first 6 years of WoW trying to heal as an enhancement shammy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol!

I'm afraid it's always been. I watched it open the first time because I was savouring the moment. But every time after that I'm walking on through.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/24/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Ellayna
Today marks the 87th day that I forged a lightning steel ingot. For the first 86 days I made my way to the door of the forge

You don't need to go to the Thunder Forges to make Lightning Steel.

You can make it daily at any forge including the portable one. You only need to go to the actual Thunder Forges to make the weapons from it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
In WoW, once any door cracks open you can walk inside.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You're not stupid, it's not obvious or intuitive. You can walk through almost all doors immediately after you click on them. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

You can make it daily at any forge including the portable one. You only need to go to the actual Thunder Forges to make the weapons from it.

This lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
06/24/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Audrena
Today marks the 87th day that I forged a lightning steel ingot. For the first 86 days I made my way to the door of the forge

OK, *now* I feel stupid. But really, how empty would my days have been without the daily jaunt to watch the pretty lightning? Sigh. I hear Neverwinter isn't bad.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
door boss <<<<<<<<<<<< elevavor boss.

on another note, my blacksmith alt makes ingots at regular forges, what does she need to do at the thunder forge after learning?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

OK, *now* I feel stupid. But really, how empty would my days have been without the daily jaunt to watch the pretty lightning? Sigh. I hear Neverwinter isn't bad.....

Oh if you're gonna pick a forge to make anything at, the Thunder Forge is the most atmospheric one around. I'd live there if they put a vendor and some portals in it ;)

on another note, my blacksmith alt makes ingots at regular forges, what does she need to do at the thunder forge after learning?

You make the actual weapons that use Lightning Steel at the Thunder Forge (and ONLY the Thunder Forge). It's specified in the blacksmithing dialog for those recipes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Generally speaking - all doors in WoW work that way. Regardless of how slow the animation is, as soon as you actually do the open action, you'll be able to walk through.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]