Raid DPS help

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been scouring the web to see if I'm doing it wrong, but according to all the rotation guides, I'm doing it right, but I can't seem to get my dps off the bottom of the charts. Am I missing something? Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Daeidroth/advanced
I know not all the pieces are optimum, so telling me to change my gear isn't the most constructive since that isn't always so easy to do.
Here's my guild's WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/267436/
The most recent being Sat. the 22nd and Sun. the 23rd. Since those 2 dates I have gotten my t15 4pc bonus, so keep that in mind. I only dps on Horridon, Council, Tortos, Magaera, Durumu, Primordius, Iron Qon Normal, and Twin Consorts.
According to the Simcraft off EJ for Ret, I should be doing about 150k, and I know that changes based on movement, so I'm close, but it just isn't enough for progression and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OKT
Nothing's wrong with your gear(i mean not at all). I guess there's something wrong in your rotations. I'm also a ret pally and i never get below the charts in LFR as long as you get your rotations right. I think you have a better experience than i do considering that gear so my only advice is to practice your rotations and always keep Inquisition buff up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lacking Fabled Feather is a big problem for Ret Paladins. For instance, given that the Feather almost always procs at the start of a fight I can wait about 15 seconds to let it get to at least 6-8 stacks and then use ES. The way ES scales with all that extra strength is an ENORMOUS dps boost to that ability, and while it will still be basically your weakest attack, it will help it overall. Not an option for your currently - but in the future. In the meantime, try, to the bet of your ability, to line up all later in the fight ES with your Spark of Zandalar procs.

You have mining as a profession. Drop that, get engineering, tie the glove enchant to using ES and have an extra 1920 strength that will further increase ES damage.

I don't know if it might just be your gear level, but your CS doing less damage then your exorcism is a bit weird. ALWAYS, especially now that you have the 4 piece! Use CS ASSUMING you don't have the 4 piece bonus up. 3 or 4 point TVs are much more important with that bonus active, your overall damage will go up greatly using that bonus AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

To that end, don't forget that CS>judgement for HP generation. If the two are going to clash, pick CS. the damage from HoL will balance out the overall greater damage J does but will also give you a HP generator that much more quickly. You can compare the numbers of how much I use CS vs J to how much you do. It might be a very different fight, but just looking quickly this is the closest in time fight I could find to yours. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9r9g8dk4csnlr19u/details/14/?s=8149&e=8525

Good luck.

Edit: Just noticed that you use HA. DROP THAT. HA is for brawlers guild and prot paladins. THE ONLY TIME HA IS BETTER IS PERFECT NON MOVEMENT FIGHTS. Those don't exist anymore. The extra 10 seconds on AW + being able to alternate CS/HOW will be a LOT more damage in the long run.
Edited by Xenocidic on 6/25/2013 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
First and foremost, do not take SimCraft's projections as the holy gospel of what your gear should be capable. Those numbers are modeled around an encounter-style that no longer exists - has not existed since Wrath.

Considering that I, at iL 515, put up 119k over an eight minute Megaera kill on Friday, and you did 116k over a five minute kill of same, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Looking at your Inq uptime, Holy Power generation, HoPo expenditures, everything looks good...Inq uptime could be a little better, but it's not horrible. I think the only issue you're really looking at is that the rest of your group's DPS is so god that they're killing things too fast.

Lacking 4pT15 is probably the biggest thing that held back your DPS. Spark's slow stack time and Primo's lack of stack maintaining could also factor into things, but, really, everything looks fine.

06/25/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Xenocidic
HA is for brawlers guild and prot paladins.

Not entirely true. In certain burst-window situations, HA is quite nice. Tortos, for example, takes more damage after a shell hits him and that only lasts 15s; HA+Wings allows for massive damage in that tiny window. Horridon would be another good example, as it means you can lay waste to him during door transitions.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 6/25/2013 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have been looking for correct rotations for raids also, could someone please give me an example? Also, does the rotation differ if you are doing a raid vs. a heroic instance? Thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Tortos and Horridon are true, but that depends on how the fight goes. Depending on group dps your might have to be spend your time on adds for both fights, on heroic in particular in 25 mans I have spent more time on adds then I did on the bosses themselves. I've been on both those fights in heroic long enough that those are the only ones I can realistically give advice on.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Check the sticky here for rotation information.

Basically, though, rotation remains the same in all situations except during Wings and/or HA; without 4pT15, J>CS during Wings, and with HA you cycle a generator and a finished ad nauseum for 18s, typically HoW>TV>J>TV>HoW>TV unless you have 4pT15 and then you use CS instead of J.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
you might have to be spend your time on adds for both fights

Which is why HA would be better for those fights, as you use a shorter period of time in which to burst. Means you can pour the damage on to the boss quicker to get back to adds sooner.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As Mr. Grôgnárd mention, having the 4pc will greatly improve your dps. HA also has its uses but in most single target fights SW pulls ahead.

Edit: I see the buff, odd I had hope that was the factor as to why your dps was low(aside from the fact that you did not have 4pc.)
Rotation/prioritizing could be the issue, your gear looks ok.
Edited by Zaturn on 6/25/2013 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been scouring the web to see if I'm doing it wrong, but according to all the rotation guides, I'm doing it right, but I can't seem to get my dps off the bottom of the charts. Am I missing something? Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Daeidroth/advanced
I know not all the pieces are optimum, so telling me to change my gear isn't the most constructive since that isn't always so easy to do.
Here's my guild's WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/267436/
The most recent being Sat. the 22nd and Sun. the 23rd. Since those 2 dates I have gotten my t15 4pc bonus, so keep that in mind. I only dps on Horridon, Council, Tortos, Magaera, Durumu, Primordius, Iron Qon Normal, and Twin Consorts.
According to the Simcraft off EJ for Ret, I should be doing about 150k, and I know that changes based on movement, so I'm close, but it just isn't enough for progression and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

You are a paladin! I am just kidding. I don't see anything with your gear. But then again I dont play a paladin seriously.
Edited by Biskitts on 6/25/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I am not sure why Grog or anyone else has not mentioned this, BUT, we all know that Ret Pallys are one of the most gear dependent classes in WoW. So, with that said, upgrade your weapon with the next 500 valor points you have and then get AND use the Feather trinket. With these two additions, I am 99% sure you will be one of the top DPSers on your team. And if you have extra valor, upgrade the trinket after your weapon.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the input. Like I said earlier, I know my gear isn't optimum, like the feather, and that is the exact reason I've held off on upgrading my weapon, since of the 3 two handers, its the worst for me. I'm the only strength dps in my group, and the feather just refuses to drop. I also don't care about where I fall in the LFR charts, since you can autoattack and still be above half the raid there. I'll try out SW next time, though those 2 talents really only come into effect on wings or below 20%, so I don't imagine I'll see an over increase in dps. I know there's only so much help that can be given without actually seeing me play, but I appreciate the help. Guess I'm just stuck being at the bottom.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Even though Zerat is rubbish for Ret, that should not stop you dropping 500 VP into it since your weapon is the key to your DPS potential. It's only half a week's cap, now, to fully upgrade an item so there really isn't a good reason to hold back on important boosts like weapons and trinkets.

This week you should see better results with your 4pT15, especially if you just upgraded from any off-set 500+ or, to a lesser extent, 2pT14.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]