Which healer should I play?

My friend has started a 10man progression guild, I was wondering which I should play, my disc priest or my rsham? Which is better for raiding? The other healer is a druid. We have a pally tank and will probably use a monk as the other tank.
Edited by Virtue on 6/23/2013 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
shamans are very underpowered atm when compared to disc priest (although never underestimate a shaman)

i would reccomend you go a disc unless of course you prefer using your shaman. u will do best with what ever class u have more fun with or feel more familiar with
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It never hurts to bring a disc, but I have to say the one you enjoy the most. Because raiding is going to be really boring if you don't enjoy your class
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
Disc priest is easier to raid with than a resto shaman. It also has higher sustained throughput.

The shaman will be better at burst healing and saving the raid when things get dicey.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
i would reccomend you go a disc unless of course you prefer using your shaman. u will do best with what ever class u have more fun with or feel more familiar with

^ this.

I feel more comfortable playing this shaman than I do my disc priest (plus she got boring really quick).

But what I would do first is find out what class the other healer is. Always good to have diversity with your healers.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/24/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Since your other healer is a druid, I would recommend Disc. Disc + druid is a very strong combo that can handle just about any situation in a 10 man raid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Go with the priest. Having two healing specs gives you twice the chance to never have to heal with an underpowered spec. And Disc is basically cheating, and provides decent dps to boot.

Plus shields + hots = win.
Edited by Luvbacon on 6/24/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If it's just an alt choose what you like the best...

I can tell you from personal experience trying to do multiple heroic groups on different toons, it's not very fun on certain classes at all... For instance I'd choose my holy pally over my monk or my druid.

:) Just up to you though, you won't play very well if you don't enjoy it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Disc + druid is a great comp, because you get the absorbs + hots that way. Shamans are weaker healers than priests atm, mostly because disc right now is ridiculous for 10mans.

But shamans can still do well in heroic. I've two healed heroic fights with a disc priest, a resto shaman, and a resto druid.

As I'm an absorb healer myself, I rather like healing with a resto druid the best because of the hots. Healing with a shaman wasn't bad, but it was much more difficult than it was with either a disc priest or resto druid.

I'd say choose what you like to heal with the best, but keep in mind that you will have to work twice as hard on your shaman as you would on your priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]