Spirit Gear

90 Gnome Priest
Please give Healers back Spirit gear. I logged on at 6am to catch an extra Frost Lord Ahune que before the reset, hoping to get the spirit cloak.. which for a healer is a very nice piece. Long fight, low dps, but finally, finally got the boss down and the cloak dropped! Clicked need, all excited cause i was finally getting my cloak.. and it goes to the shadow priest.
I asked very nicely for her to pass it over, explaining how often ive qued for that cloak.. she rudely told me to quit whining, spirit goes over to hit. Eventually she admitted that she needed it for her offspec. Sorry, if thats what you need, que in as it. In the end when i asked her for the final time to pass it over, i was told that since i had won the dps caster cloak at an earlier run..
"whatever you stole a dps 480 cloak cow" and "ive got 476 w/e go whine on the forums".
So here i am on the forums so early in the morning thanks to an irritatingly rude dps who stole my cloak.. only I dont even get to call it thieving because bliz set it up so they could do that...
Why am i still playing this game? Bliz, you got work to do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/26/2013 03:34 AMPosted by Adorisha
irritatingly rude dps who stole my cloak..

Well, first of all it wasn't your cloak. Anyone that could roll on it is eligible.

And secondly, you have a 489 cloak equipped, why would you want to downgrade? Unless it was for another toon or something.

Regardless, random things happen in random queues. Create your own group, set your own rules, and this can't happen.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You have a 489 cloak...Ahune drop 480.

I dont see what the rage is about.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Was on my resto druid. Amberleaves.
Edited by Adorisha on 6/26/2013 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just happened again w/ a warlock.. qued in a 2nd time.. asked before the pull even if either of the 2 casters were going for it because i just lost one to a dps.. the said no.. spirit cloak dropped.. and STILL a dps got the cloak. Im done trying for it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Anything with spirit is legitimate for a shadow priest unless it's a trinket with a spirit proc. And expecting someone to pass on an upgrade so that you can have it, and then considering it "stealing" when they roll and win, is nothing but selfishness on your part.

It sucks to lose that roll, but the only place to lay the blame is RNG. Not a stranger making a legit roll, and not Blizzard.

Edit: Losing it to a non-spirit caster does stink. Completely with ya there.
Edited by Samarana on 6/26/2013 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Again.. This is reguarding my alt. a resto druid named Amberleaves.. NOT a downgrade. The shadow priest admitted it was for an offspec. also... most people are aware that since healers can't go w/out spirit, they get first choice.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
besides.. the shadow priest is the one who told me to go wine on forums..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's been a problem for the player base since they created open queues. It sucks but it is what this game turned into a few years ago. That is why they need to get rid of all queueing instances and let people make friends in the game again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
not that i should be continuing this rant.. but I'd like to put my 2 cents in here too.. To say "Well, first of all it wasn't your cloak. Anyone that could roll on it is eligible."... i likely wouldnt have needed to if she hadnt gone and called me a cow.
Im sorry, but isnt it already hard enough for a healer to legitimately gear up? To have to deal w/ this crap on top of all of that is overboard. None of this would happen if bliz would just return to healers healer specific gear that dps cant have. there was nothing wrong w/ the days when we had healing power and mp5.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Taelaus, I completely agree with you.. lfg and lfr broke wow. i dream of the day they do away with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Taelaus, I completely agree with you.. lfg and lfr broke wow. i dream of the day they do away with it.

And nothing is preventing you from making a group with friends to go farm for your cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Mig: no, nothing is. and i have a group w/ guildies once a day. The cloak hadnt dropped till i went for random ques this morning.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
You need to stop with this entitlement attitude.

You aren't the only class to use spirit and even then it is most likely an upgrade to other classes who can simply reforge the spirit into something else.

You can use a cloak without spirit just as easy and you would be foolish to not 'roll' on one if it was in fact an upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
spirit is 100% useless for warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
also.. Troll.. i dont "need" to do anything. i pay to play just like everyone else.
Reply Quote
also.. Troll.. i dont "need" to do anything. i pay to play just like everyone else.

And so does the person who rolled on, and won, the cloak. You are not special. That was his point.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
spirit is 100% useless for warlocks.

Eh, it is only 60% useless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Im sorry, but isnt it already hard enough for a healer to legitimately gear up?
nope, it's really easy
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

You need to realize that shadow priest had ever right to roll on a piece of spirit gear, as do: elemental shaman and balance druids. Spirit to hit conversion means that spirit is good for hybrid casters now.

In theory there is no such thing as straight out "healer only" gear (unless it's a tier set piece).

Now I could understand the grumble if it was say a ret pally or an enhance shammy rolling over it over a healer (cause we've all had that happen).

Could be worse, could have been a mage or a warlock.

Um...she already has a 480 cloak. Why not just reforge into spirit? Less of a headache for you.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/26/2013 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]