[5.4] Legendary Cloak and Healer Trinkets

90 Tauren Priest
3% is about 17k health per second per target.

The description says "Your healing spells also...", that implies 100% proc chance to me. Maybe I'm just a semantics freak but that's what I read from it. A 100% chance to proc a 17k per/sec hot (scales with gear/stamina) on any target hit with a heal would be anything but worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If it's 100 percent or very high it's not worthless I know. And it's missing health isn't it not full health?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
3% is about 17k health per second per target.

The description says "Your healing spells also...", that implies 100% proc chance to me. Maybe I'm just a semantics freak but that's what I read from it. A 100% chance to proc a 17k per/sec hot (scales with gear/stamina) on any target hit with a heal would be anything but worthless.

That's how I've been reading it as well. The other legendary capes all mention a proc chance or cooldown, but ours doesn't, so it seems a safe bet.

And yes, it's only missing health. If you heal someone at 50% it'll do about half as much healing as it would on someone with 1 HP left.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Okay, I dug a little more, here's what trinket 3 reduces CDs for:

Resto Shaman (Maybe?): Spiritwalker's Grace, Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem

So in other words, for Resto Shaman it's a Sha Crystal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Okay, I dug a little more, here's what trinket 3 reduces CDs for:

Resto Shaman (Maybe?): Spiritwalker's Grace, Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem

That can't be right. It needs to at least reduce SLT.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah 3 percent of missing health is not a lot. Not by a long shot. I honestly a very high uptime with it.

If it was low uptime it would be worthless.

Has to be good no?

Depends. When you take 200k raid damage, and pop a quick heal 6k/6k/6k adds up quick, especially if you drop something like an LoD, a Daybreaked HS, or an HR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yeah 3 percent of missing health is not a lot. Not by a long shot. I honestly a very high uptime with it.

If it was low uptime it would be worthless.

Has to be good no?

Depends. When you take 200k raid damage, and pop a quick heal 6k/6k/6k adds up quick, especially if you drop something like an LoD, a Daybreaked HS, or an HR.

It'll basically look amazing on the meters, just like the HoT that Trauma added to your heals back in ICC.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman

That can't be right. It needs to at least reduce SLT.

At least SLT? I would say at least ascendance and HST, I couldn't care less about it affecting SLT :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
At least SLT? I would say at least ascendance and HST, I couldn't care less about it affecting SLT :(

My point was more than it can't be for Resto because if it is for Resto, it would need to reduce SLT, since GC says it's the "iconic" RSham CD.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
These trinkets are on the PTR vendor now. For resto shaman it reduces MTT, SLT, Ascendance, SWG and both Elementals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MTT, SLT, Ascendance, SWG? That is very good along with elementals.
Edited by Marathel on 7/3/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
All I can think about with the cloak is that when all the healers in the raid have one, in 25 man if all the healers get a heal on the same person the cloak(s) will heal them for 18% of their missing health every second for 3 seconds, 54% of missing health over 3 seconds essentially before recalcs. That's pretty insane healing as a free hot and if it is on all heals all I can think is there is going to be some massive damage going out in the next tier for us to heal. It is also going to be pretty imba for some classes but hey that's life I guess. Either way I'm excited.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You guys think the buff would stack? I was thinking it would be unique per target, and whoever gets it up on the raid first gets all the healing credit. Or maybe it would refresh to the most recent healer owning the buff.

If you could have 5-7 instances of the buff...that would be insane.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
07/03/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Torantine
in 25 man if all the healers get a heal on the same person the cloak(s) will heal them for 18% of their missing health every second for 3 seconds, 54% of missing health over 3 seconds essentially before recalcs.

It heals for 3% of their missing health per tick, not 3% of their max health. So if your target is at 40% HP, you'll heal for 3% of 60% of their health. If another healer applies a proc after the target has gone up some health, their proc will be smaller than the previous applicants proc because the target has less health missing than before.
Edited by Qùess on 7/5/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/02/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Tiriel

My point was more than it can't be for Resto because if it is for Resto, it would need to reduce SLT, since GC says it's the "iconic" RSham CD.

The updated resto Shaman CD reduction list from the most recent PTR build:

Spiritwalker's Grace
Ascendance
Mana Tide Totem
Spirit Link Totem
Earth Elemental Totem
Fire Elemental Totem

Now that HTT is going baseline and is effectively the "Shaman raid CD", hopefully they will put HTT on the list in place of one of the elementals. I honestly am not a big fan of either of the elementals being on that list, because it further cements Primal Elementalist as a mandatory talent. I'd rather they both be removed and Stormlash Totem be the replacement for one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I can't picture the proc activating on individual HoT ticks, because that would make it too good for Druids/Shaman/Monks and terrible for Disc Priests. It almost has to proc on a per spell basis, and probably on targeted spells only to not be ridiculous. For example, Wild Growth would proc a single instance of the buff on the target of the Wild Growth, not 5-6 instances on all targets it hits. I also can't see it stacking buffs, so it will be interesting to see if buffs overwrite each other.

I also can't see it being balanced around being more than about a 10% output increase. Otherwise, it's a balance nightmare. If you balance fights around not having the proc and it's a ridiculous 20%+ output increase, 6 heal fights suddenly become 4 heal fights. If you balance around having the proc, people that re-roll or are behind in the legendary chain are useless for progression. The most likely scenario is that they probably balance the chain around getting the cloaks in the first few weeks, and balance NM around not having it and HM around having it.

I'm still not sure that this (if it's more than about a 10% power increase) is good for the game, and it could very well end up costing healers jobs for heroic progression if they aren't careful with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
because it further cements Primal Elementalist as a mandatory talent

i was literally just saying the same thing to kaels. i mean honestly, they drone on and on about allegedly not wanting to make specific talents "mandatory", but then they do this?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think 10% is about the throughput increase we'll see, but it depends heavily on the fights. Purely guessing though, just kinda feels to be in about that area.

In theory we could run the numbers in ToT to see what sort of increase we might see, but the numbers are A. not particularly reliable and B. not the friendliest numbers to run. You'd have to figure out the average amount of health you and the rest of the raid are missing throughout a fight, which tells you how much it could have potentially healed for, then reduce it by the assumed uptime per target.

I have some logs I could look at and try to extrapolate from, but there are definitely other things I could be doing right now.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Trinket 1 sounded awesome at first, but then after doing some math, it seems to be pretty crap.

Trinket 2 seems completely overpowered. If the added stats are additive, then the mastery+haste+crit is just way too high. If it's multiplicative, then crit/mastery could be pretty weak, but the haste would still be more than enough to make up for it.

Trinket 3 has a ridiculous amount of potential and it's really a question of how those CDs are chosen in real combat. The int proc is nice too.

Trinket 4 been there done that, also don't like the idea of losing my regen if I decide to heal someone while the proc is based off of randomness.

Trinket 5 been there done that
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
07/05/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Tiberria

The updated resto Shaman CD reduction list from the most recent PTR build:

Spiritwalker's Grace
Ascendance
Mana Tide Totem
Spirit Link Totem
Earth Elemental Totem
Fire Elemental Totem

Now that HTT is going baseline and is effectively the "Shaman raid CD", hopefully they will put HTT on the list in place of one of the elementals. I honestly am not a big fan of either of the elementals being on that list, because it further cements Primal Elementalist as a mandatory talent. I'd rather they both be removed and Stormlash Totem be the replacement for one of them.

With Tranq being left off for Druids, I would not get too hopeful.

As of now, this trinket is fairly imbalanced. With the haphazard assortment of baseline CDs for each class, some classes get critical and core role enhancing CDs reduced, and Druids get 3 survival/movement CDs buffed.. LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]