[5.4] Legendary Cloak and Healer Trinkets

90 Gnome Priest
07/05/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Fangthorn
With Tranq being left off for Druids, I would not get too hopeful.

I think the Druid one, like the Shaman one was, is still incomplete. If Divine Hymn is on there for Holy, Tranq should be there for Druids.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Nothing matters except that the 23k spirit proc affects Innervate. Hello 180-200k mana return innervates (nevermind how much regen you are getting while the proc is active).

Mwahahahahahahahahah
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I would hope, but even then, some classes just have better non-talented CDs, that are general healing increases or just flat out stronger etc..

I still see heavy prioritization for this trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Nothing matters except that the 23k spirit proc affects Innervate. Hello 180-200k mana return innervates (nevermind how much regen you are getting while the proc is active).

Mwahahahahahahahahah

I have no doubt innervate will be changed to not include non-static spirit buffs like this, just like MTT....

If you think it will stay like this, you are kidding yourself. And frankly, I don't want something broken like that....
Edited by Fangthorn on 7/5/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
i mean honestly, they drone on and on about allegedly not wanting to make specific talents "mandatory", but then they do this?

I really feel like all that rhetoric does not apply to shamans.

I mean, they still have Glyph of Ghost Wolf. And HTT has been mandatory since 5.0 and it took them this long to see it. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Mwahahahahahahahahah

They already had to change MTT and Rapture so they didn't benefit from short term Spirit buffs, so they will obviously change Innervate too. it might take them a full tier to do it though - like it took all of T11 for MTT to change and they left it like that for Disc for all of T14.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I would hope, but even then, some classes just have better non-talented CDs, that are general healing increases or just flat out stronger etc..

I still see heavy prioritization for this trinket.

If they leave the trinket with the current cooldown setup, expect the priority to be

Disc > Monk > Shaman > Druid > Paladin

A 42 second Spirit Shell CD is just completely idiotically overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/05/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Skootalloo
With Tranq being left off for Druids, I would not get too hopeful.

I think the Druid one, like the Shaman one was, is still incomplete. If Divine Hymn is on there for Holy, Tranq should be there for Druids.

Divine Hymn, Barrier, Devo Aura and Revival are all on the list. Both Tranq and HTT should be added. They can't put some primary healer raid CDs and not others.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock

Mwahahahahahahahahah

I have no doubt innervate will be changed to not include non-static spirit buffs like this, just like MTT....

If you think it will stay like this, you are kidding yourself. And frankly, I don't want something broken like that....

Changed... when? May be too late to matter. May not make it off PTR. Maybe they leave it.

Disc has had eternal mana since at least 5.1. Monks have eternal mana with next to no spirit. I don't see why Druids can't join in on the fun.

All the other trinkets, in the current incarnation, are really underwhelming from a Resto POV (especially when compared to how some of them function with other Healers).

Given that we are actually being nerfed from live pending the Efflo glyph (that will never actually exist) this is a reason to be optimistic about the patch.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The 84% crit damage, haste, mastery caster trinket is probably a far more serious cause for concern, anyway. That thing is well and truly ridiculous. People will be killed over that trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
07/05/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Loratabb
Megaera for example. having a shorter SS will not mean i use it more.

This is very true. On one side you would see almost no gain from the trinket...

07/05/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Loratabb
If i am responsible for barrier for 2 and 5 head. just because my barrier will be up for the 4th doesnt mean ill use it.

This is the other side. If you could use it for 2/4/6, getting an extra use, then it's huge. Same goes for the shadowfiend/HoH reductions. You can math it out as averaging ~650 mp5 gain for fiend and ~105 mp5 gain for HoH but it doesn't actually do anything if you don't get an extra use in comparison to w/o the trinket. It's pretty much true of any cd-related throughput gain or mana return. The effectiveness of a trinket like this is volatile. It will be incredibly reliant on fight length, damage patterns, and cd organization amongst your raid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Why bother taking the healing cloak at all? If the procs go live like they are now I have a feeling EVERYONE is gonna grab the tank cloak. Cheese death once every minute? You'd be stupid to pass that up. O hey this is a one shot mechanic if we don't execute it properly! LOL WHO CARES TANK CLOAK ACTIVATE *pew pee*

Idk wat blizzard is thinking but they seriously need to retune these things.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Why bother taking the healing cloak at all? If the procs go live like they are now I have a feeling EVERYONE is gonna grab the tank cloak. Cheese death once every minute? You'd be stupid to pass that up. O hey this is a one shot mechanic if we don't execute it properly! LOL WHO CARES TANK CLOAK ACTIVATE *pew pee*

Idk wat blizzard is thinking but they seriously need to retune these things.

I think it'll suffer from a lot of the other limitations cheat death procs have, like just straight up not working on certain mechanics. High DPS DoTs and actual instakill mechanics come to mind.

Plus I'd rather not lose the cloak's stats (even ignoring the proc) just so I can play poorly.

EDIT: There's also the very real possibility of the tank proc just not working if you're not in a tank spec. Much like the cooldown reduction trinkets don't work if you're not the correct spec.
Edited by Skootalloo on 7/5/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
It's not all about poor play though. I can think of fights right now that something like that would be incredibly useful. If your struggling on heroic horridon could just be the difference between a wipe and a kill or if you mess up frostbite on heroic by one second gives you that lee way to recover instead of having to wipe the raid ect.

I'm just hoping blizzard puts restrictions on these cloaks so we don't end up in these types of situations.

Also I hope that the proc counts from absorb heals as well aka when a disc priest uses a shield on a dps who isn't at full health for example or when they are using SS or counts from atonement healing otherwise the cloak is going to be seriously devalued for disc.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I guess a raid full of completely terrible players might attempt that... and It would be funny to watch.

I think anyone else would realize that the DPS/HPS gained from the cloaks combined with even a little bit of skill would end up being far superior.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I guess a raid full of completely terrible players might attempt that... and It would be funny to watch.

I think anyone else would realize that the DPS/HPS gained from the cloaks combined with even a little bit of skill would end up being far superior.

This is especially true for the INT classes that will suffer from the loss of a large amount of primary stat. For agi and str classes, it might be a little more ambiguous depending on the fight - it could be beneficial on a fight like Lei Shen to have everyone in the raid be able to solo-soak a static shock. Granted, it's no substitute for good play, and I imagine if Blizzard saw it being abused, it would be given a cap the way Cauterize/Guardian Spirit are. (Also, given the way it's worded, it might only trigger on the same things that trigger Living Seed.)

As for innervate, it will be changed, because it will be far too broken otherwise. Even with just a SoTS proc (or the new spirit on use trinket), you can feed 60k innervates to a holy priest (because who else is going to need it?). Every time PTR is updated, I check on two things - Innervate + spirit proc interaction and whether glyph of efflorescence has been implemented. Then I log off shortly thereafter, disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I also check for mushrooms to be fixed:

Right now when you move+bloom with a macro there is 0 healing at the new location if the mushroom is charged. Oddly, if there is no charge, it will heal.

I am fine with the new design if this is fixed.
Edited by Fangthorn on 7/5/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, I've had to make a /castsequence and double-tap to circumvent it.

It's annoying, but it's the only way to get around it as far as I know.

Edit: In addition, occasionally it will bug in your favor if you plant a new mushroom immediately after blowing one up - the new mushroom can retain the +healing on the old one.

Second edit: I'd also like it if they would fix it so /cast [@mouseover] Wild Mushroom would actually work instead of having to /tar mouseover.
Edited by Frozenorange on 7/5/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Second edit: I'd also like it if they would fix it so /cast [@mouseover] Wild Mushroom would actually work instead of having to /tar mouseover.

If they can't get this to work give me my old mushroom back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]