Maintenance on a Wednesday? Why?

(Locked)

90 Orc Shaman
Dear Blizz,

We members of the Oceanic community gave up years ago on the idea that you may ever:

a) Have dedicated Oceanic servers.

b) Would change maintenance time to not interfere with OUR raid times i.e. peak times on a Tuesday.

As a result Oceanic guilds have had to schedule their raid times around the above for a very long time. As a result we essentially pay for a day a week where we cant schedule raiding (unlike US players) and schedule raid days around Tuesday maintenance. My raid team for example raids Mon, Wed and Thurs.

So why oh why is there a scheduled server maintenance on a Wednesday when there were rolling restarts INSTEAD OF maintenance last night?

To the best of my knowledge this has never happened before. This is the START OF THE RAID WEEK for most Oceanic guilds. It has essentially cut a day off our raid week. We cant reschedule as ppl make other plans for the other nights of the week.

Smacks of second class citizens to me and frankly pisses me off.

/my2cents... for what its worth :/
90 Orc Hunter
So dumb, as OP said we already miss out on a day and now we missed out on our first night of raiding too. Do your maintenance at the normal time please.
Edited by Rts on 6/25/2013 10:03 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
Even if they pushed it back 2hrs so we can still have a normal raid.
90 Orc Shaman
06/25/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Hades
So why oh why is there a scheduled server maintenance on a Wednesday when there were rolling restarts INSTEAD OF maintenance last night?

This!, GG BLIZZ
90 Tauren Druid
Totally agree with the OP

Very disappointing Blizzard!

We Oceanic raiders already plan our raid schedules around not having Tue, which is still quite acceptable. Most of us don't raid that many days of the week and can plan around it.

But right now, our raid team is all at work. And we're from different countries/states.
I've got to whatsapp/text message/phone call/forum post to try and get the message out. Last thing I want is our people to rush back for raid and discover servers are down.

Still, I understand unexpected things can screw up. But their message to us is pretty clear: Oceanic is the minority, they can't spare the resources to have a separate maintenance time for us, and we have to suffer for the "greater good".

Still, very disappointing Blizzard
90 Orc Hunter
Pushing it back by two hours or even one and half hours would be fine, but seriously doubt we can clear 13/13 in 3 hours.
100 Troll Druid
I agree with OP.. Along with every Aussie raider.. You have just !@#$ed up raid nights for hundreds of people.. If you had made it 2-3 hours later we would all be fine.. Why not do Oceanic realms later?
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's pretty fantastic when the potential available raiding nights there are to plan around randomly jump between 7 and 5.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
This hurts guild progression for Oceanic players who raid 2-3 nights per week like us. Come on Blizz surely you know Wednesday is a standard night for many Oceanic raiding guilds. How about you consider our game time is just as important and push the shutdown back a couple hours? Again it's the few who spoil if for many...
92 Pandaren Shaman
I've got to agree here, you've just turned around and made guilds that only raid 2-3 nights a week lose a whole night of progression especially when there are servers that are still heavily competing for the realm first heroic kills.
100 Human Paladin
LF day raiding guild, so I never have to deal with this.
90 Pandaren Monk
Is this some sort of sick joke blizzard? Funnel 8+ years of money into your company and you pull a .... move like this?
Edited by Gungfu on 6/25/2013 11:52 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you for this pearl Blizzard.

Please do this more often on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Mondays. Any combination is fine - more the better.
90 Human Hunter
I really wish Blizz would come up with a rotating maintenance time. It seems they always have it at the same time which has already been mentioned wipes out 1 night a week for us Oceanic players. Now on a Wednesday - that is really sad!

Share the pain around Blizz - I've said it before and I'll say it again. rotate the maintenance times please so it is not just the Oceanic players that are always put out. Why not sometimes schedule a maintenance 5:00am our time!

And the rolling restarts suck also. It's always between 10pm & 11pm my time, which cuts anything I want to do that night in half :( You can't PvP, you can't start an LFR, you can't even do pet battles? Rolling restarts are also sad!
90 Gnome Priest
GG blizzard GG
100 Night Elf Druid
Wow... talk about a pack of whingers!

Yes, it's on a 'normal' raiding night, yes it's inconvenient (I've spent the better part of the day trying to contact my raid team to either bring the raid tonight forward or reschedule it and I know progression teams are doing the same) but you know what?

It happens. Get over it. It doesn't happen every week. Hell, it doesn't even happen every month. Instead of complaining about something you cannot change, focus your energies on the things you can.

You all must be heading for early graves the way you stress about trivial things like this. I'd hate to see how you deal with real issues in your lives!
Edited by Aislinge on 6/26/2013 12:50 AM PDT
100 Pandaren Hunter
Wow... talk about a pack of whingers!

Yes, it's on a 'normal' raiding night, yes it's inconvenient (I've spent the better part of the day trying to contact my raid team to either bring the raid tonight forward or reschedule it and I know progression teams are doing the same) but you know what?

It happens. Get over it. It doesn't happen every week. Hell, it doesn't even happen every month. Instead of complaining about something you cannot change, focus your energies on the things you can.

You all must be heading for early graves the way you stress about trivial things like this. I'd hate to see how you deal with real issues in your lives!

Whingeing about whingeing.

Can you see the irony in your post?
90 Troll Druid
#1 maintenance time
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]