Maintenance on a Wednesday? Why?

(Locked)

100 Human Death Knight
totally agree with the OP.

The vast majority of oceanic Guilds (and I believe EU guilds too) raid Wednesday night. So it is decided to schedule maintenance at 10:00 realm time during a Wednesday?

What is this crap?

Oceanic players already get a raw deal. We have high lag (not unplayable lag but far from ideal), we experience random DC's and we have had for years that weird shutdown/maintenance on Tuesday nights in prime time.

Obviously wow is Blizzards game and they can do what they wish when they wish, but they ARE delivering a lousier version of the game vs US/EU and charging the same amount.

WTB Oceanic servers that have maintenance at times that suit Oceanic players!!!!
90 Troll Priest
Like the other guys said, you've not even "progressed" enough to finish LFR so it's really an irony to dispute losing 1 day of progression raiding. Now, just go and face the wall.

Wow... talk about a pack of whingers!

Yes, it's on a 'normal' raiding night, yes it's inconvenient (I've spent the better part of the day trying to contact my raid team to either bring the raid tonight forward or reschedule it and I know progression teams are doing the same) but you know what?

It happens. Get over it. It doesn't happen every week. Hell, it doesn't even happen every month. Instead of complaining about something you cannot change, focus your energies on the things you can.

You all must be heading for early graves the way you stress about trivial things like this. I'd hate to see how you deal with real issues in your lives!

But really though, the salt in the injury is telling us you're doing a restart when we expected Blizzard to do maintenance. So when you did the restart, we lost a day and expected the next day (Wed) to have our raids left in peace. Telling us you're gonna do maintenance at 8pm our time just sucks. You could have delayed it for 2-3 hours and it's be still acceptable.

Next time, Blizzard, make your maintenance on time and at the expected time. Or else, don't bother to "award" us with rolling restarts on our Tuesdays.
Edited by Xenophics on 6/26/2013 1:45 AM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
The most odd thing about it is that it's "scheduled".

I understand that some things need to be done immediately but they scheduled this so it cant have been that urgent... right? Am i missing something here?

So somewhere at Blizz HQ, someone sat and thought "hmmmm... wonder when we could schedule this urgent but not so urgent maintenance" and then proceeded to slap it right in the middle of our raid time.

That suggests to me they dont care about upsetting the raiders on Oceanic realms because its important not to upset raiders in the US... who raid in the morning... right? e.g. Students skiving lectures? People who work nights? Who is this important demographic? Are they a bigger 'minority' than Oceanic players?
100 Troll Druid
That suggests to me they dont care about upsetting the raiders on Oceanic realms because its important not to upset raiders in the US... who raid in the morning... right? e.g. Students skiving lectures? People who work nights? Who is this important demographic? Are they a bigger 'minority' than Oceanic players?

Yes, they are.
However the problem with this is consistency, I would like to see the thousands of posts from US raiders if they let Europe get the release of a Tier well before America.
Edited by Latok on 6/26/2013 2:30 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol Hades,

You forget that the minority in the US are first world citizens, whereas us plebs are all third world citizens.

Am I right Blizzard?

Anyway I am off back to my sweatshop.
Edited by Lolita on 6/26/2013 2:39 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
so why is the server still up? could have easily killed the last two by now
90 Undead Priest
Wow... talk about a pack of whingers!

Yes, it's on a 'normal' raiding night, yes it's inconvenient (I've spent the better part of the day trying to contact my raid team to either bring the raid tonight forward or reschedule it and I know progression teams are doing the same) but you know what?

It happens. Get over it. It doesn't happen every week. Hell, it doesn't even happen every month. Instead of complaining about something you cannot change, focus your energies on the things you can.

You all must be heading for early graves the way you stress about trivial things like this. I'd hate to see how you deal with real issues in your lives!

She obviously has no idea. Its a joke what they are doing.
100 Human Warlock
Selfish blizzard what can we say.. Blizzard only think about them selves !
90 Human Warlock
so why is the server still up? could have easily killed the last two by now

It isnt.

Forum data is out of synch and servers are down.
90 Orc Death Knight
Could have at least delayed the shutdown for 2-3 hours.
90 Blood Elf Priest
managed 10/13 b4 the shutdown, another 30min or hour would have been great
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It was done on a Wednesday night for us, so we could all go see Man of Steel lol.

But seriously it is a bit of a bad move on blizzards part.
We all know Tuesday night is the normal night for the servers going down and a lot of us Aussies/Ocianic players schedule around this. The problem is when Blizzard decides to change the night...

Ive been playing wow since it came out and I can remember it used to be a whole lot worse.
A single night of servers down? not as bad as servers being down for weeks on end in vanilla days. My first account got banned because I went off at blizzard daily telling them to fix the server issues....

Now back to present day. Just imagine if the Americans had their prime raiding time stopped for a night... all hell would break loose. I think it stinks that us Aussie/ocianic people lose a night to servers being down but I can live with that, I just dont like the day changing.

Also on the put server downtime 2-3 hours behind idea, I have to say no to this. The reason? if the Americans servers are down and ours are still up, they will flood our ocianic servers and then we would have queues to log in.
100 Night Elf Druid
Well, I still think you're all whingers. We got our boss kills done - just moved our raid forward. No harm done.

As for the shutdown, if you whinged less and read more, you'd know if was to close the serious security breaches in the authenticators and mobile armoury atm as well as push out hotfixes. I'm sooooory if Blizzard think that people's hard earned toons and gold are more important than 2 hours of your bloody raid schedule.

I'll say it again - you all need a reality check!
90 Troll Mage
Please tell us more about your 10/12 LFR experience 'getting your "bosses" done'.
90 Orc Shaman
Well, I still think you're all whingers. We got our boss kills done - just moved our raid forward. No harm done.

As for the shutdown, if you whinged less and read more, you'd know if was to close the serious security breaches in the authenticators and mobile armoury atm as well as push out hotfixes. I'm sooooory if Blizzard think that people's hard earned toons and gold are more important than 2 hours of your bloody raid schedule.

Way to miss the point genius.

They SCHEDULED maintenance to be in the middle of main raid time.

If it was URGENT they should have done it immediately.

They didn't do it immediately therefore I can only assume it was not as urgent as you suggest it was.

Therefore they dont mind screwing over the Oceanic raiding community.

They could have pushed it back a couple hours and made it a non issue.

What is so hard to comprehend here?
90 Orc Shaman
and another thing...

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it is not unreasonable to be upset about this change.

Our raid team for example has 11 members at present. That is 11 people that blew off other things that they could have been doing with friends or family in order to be online on time so as not to let anyone else down.

People logged in only to find a message on their log in screens saying that their plans are thrown out the window for reasons that dont make any sense and are completely unprecedented.

People who dont know what I am talking about or dont see the problem are either very casual, LFR heroes or trolls as I cant believe any serious raider thinks this situation is acceptable.
90 Undead Priest

Ha ha gee what a smart idea....... why didn't we all think to pull our 'LFR runs' forward a couple of hours so "we got our boss kills done"

Shame on us hey

PS: Please leave the raiders who are complaining alone as you don't have the required merit to hold a valid opinion on this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]