For the Neutral!

(Locked)

96 Pandaren Shaman
So, thought of this when I first seen the mention of a neutral faction in which you decide what side to join at level 10... at the time I was curious if you could continue leveling past the level 10 goal of leaving the isle and continue to stay neutral. After getting to 90 on a few toons, I decided to give it a try.

I started this toon, Doubleagent in September 2012. Have played it off and on since... more off, then on until recently when I've began to put more time into it. One of my friends who had heard of my idea thought for sure I'd reach some kind of level cap... so here I am just having hit 56 earlier today. It certainly has gotten much harder to level.

I realize there will still be people asking how I got this high as a neutral on the forums as well as people in game who ask me how I got the isle... I never left, If I had you wouldn't be able to message me If I was Horde or Alliance. The only two options I have to gain experience at this point is via herbalism or mining. I opted out of mining since it shifts me out of wolf form, and picked up inscription to turn my herbs into inks in which I can vendor for 1 gold a stack.

Dungeons are locked since I've not completed this quest to pick a standardized faction... same with battlegrounds. PvP pet battles cannot be queued for since I'm neutral, nor are there any battle pets at all to battle in the Wild. No Archaeology dig sites either.

So, I hope this might cut back on some of the confusion as to how I'm leveling. I'm spending massive amounts of time on this toon, but I also multi-task while running around gathering whether it's facebook, browsing the web, or watching TV shows/movies. Thing is I refuse to level any once I run out of rested XP which is few and far between nowadays since it takes so long to reach a new level it's almost always rested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AV7Jr-Qc0M - Level 42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hlNKLvHSLo - Level 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ku5B1x7AOk - Level 56

The level 56 vid is currently being uploaded and will take time.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w7xv7o&s=5 - Level 51
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fkxno6&s=5 - Level 28

I might upload more screencaps later, but alas I must leave for work soon.
90 Pandaren Mage
Saw you earlier today on the Isle, grats on 56. There are lots of personal feats of strength people have accomplished, from having all of the achievements, leveling naked, never dying, to your goal with this.

I think it's a cool thing to be able to say you've done. Epics come and go and are eventually vendored, so I've always had a hard time believing there is such a thing as an invalid playstyle.

I wonder what would happen if you could force your way off the island. Like some falling through the ground glitch. I know it's against the rules. Just curious. No FPs running everywhere since you can't get mount training. Only being able to go to neutral towns I'm assuming. It'd be cool.

There used to be a spot in the worgen starting zone where if you died you were sent to the graveyard in Westfall. This resulted in some people having human druids and the like, as they were never bitten. Those characters were eventually bitten offscreen though or something.
90 Pandaren Monk
I bet he is trying to get his own achiev name after him lol
After all thats how jenkins was found by some player who was crazy enough to do the impossible lol
100 Dwarf Mage
If I don't survive, tell my wife "Hello".
90 Blood Elf Mage
I think I'd rather take an arrow to the knee and end up a guard in skyrim than level like that.
100 Human Mage
Go man go!!!!
90 Draenei Monk
I wish neutral was a real option.

I think I'd rather take an arrow to the knee and end up a guard in skyrim than level like that.

Take an arrow to the knee means to get married, not a literal arrow in the knee.
90 Pandaren Monk
Will he stop getting XP at some point? I very much doubt he will hit 90 in that island

Pst : If he get to 90 there then make a monument on his name lol and heartstone that he can go back and visit his good friend
Edited by Kongpung on 6/26/2013 3:49 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
Will he stop getting XP at some point? I very much doubt he will hit 90 in that island

I believe the amount of experience you get from gathering is based on your skill level, not character level.
90 Pandaren Monk
whats his skill lvl on herb?
90 Blood Elf Mage
Take an arrow to the knee means to get married, not a literal arrow in the knee.

*sigh* Take your joke assassination skills to the faction pride thread...
90 Pandaren Mage
whats his skill lvl on herb?

It's undoubtedly maxed for the herbs he's gathering. His armory says 75.
96 Pandaren Shaman
Will be staying 90, and keep going after that if I ever make it there. Oh and armory shows I'm neutral with Alliance and Horde forces, so should be able to go to both faction cities.
Edited by Doubleagent on 6/26/2013 4:54 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
I love seeing you post and getting all kinds of baffled responses as to how you're neutral, you're one of my favorite posters and I've gotta say, you wear the appropriate title.

My favorite post of yours to date was the one where someone was complaining about the 10g cost to go to ratchet, and you came in and said that you'd love to pay 10g for a port. It made my day.
3 Tauren Warrior
My favorite post of yours to date was the one where someone was complaining about the 10g cost to go to ratchet, and you came in and said that you'd love to pay 10g for a port. It made my day.

lol.

Nice job OP. I always wondered if there was a cap or anything or if there was even anything on the island you could get XP from at such a level. Keep going and let us know if you make it to 90 :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]