Open Libram LXXXV: They Threw the Book at Us!

100 Draenei Paladin
Anyone else been keeping up with the D&D 5th ed beta? I'm really liking how the classes are rounding out. Especially the barbarian. The feats/traits seem very tailored to meeting roles, rather than class.

It's also kind of strange how the bard class has been broken down almost entirely into the talent system. I suppose for the traditional caster bard you'd go Wizard? Seems interesting, although kind of sad to see the class dissipate like that.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't believe they're making a 5th. 4th isn't that old, and neither was 3rd.
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't think a "cataclysmic" shift in gameplay has worked out well for just about any company that's tried it in the past few years.

*I have a feeling that 4th ed would have panned out better if it was published purely in a digital format. And possibly came out with physical supplements later. Kind of a shame that NWN:O isn't incorporating more of the expansive class systems from it.
Edited by Snozberries on 7/7/2013 7:49 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
Just got Fiery Warhorse and Lil' Bad Wolf from Kara, woot. ^_^

Just need two more mounts now, so close.

Fiery Warhorse is vampire horse.
100 Human Paladin
Interesting mog there Holy.
Why thank ye :) and grats on your mount/pet
100 Draenei Paladin
Holy crap guys I just got the Ony Drake too.......

Something weird is up, I need to run all the mount things!

and grats on your mount/pet

Thanks.

You're all fiery, nice mash up of pieces there to make it work.

Editz: My random, supremely good luck streak ended. No Maly mount.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/7/2013 8:15 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Just killed Ji'kun, she wasn't too hard. Durumu seems like he's a giant jerk who will kill me with purple stuff always, though. Not my favorite fight ever.
90 Draenei Paladin
Durumu is a fight where at some point something in your brain will click and the pattern will make sense and you will never die, but until then its extremely frustrating. Since starting heroic progression I've only died once to maze phase, and it was because I was healing that night.

H Lei when progression is scaring me a bit. Someone on our forums posted an hour and a half long video of some guy from a top guild going through and analyzing tips on how to do the fight. <_<
93 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, Durumu wasn't that bad on 10-man - few enough people and minimal spell effects make it possible to actually see the bloody maze.
100 Human Paladin
We killed Durumu after some flailing and my roomie nearly exploding with rage because people not braining about the red beam. We're safe now though, and I'd bet he won't be a problem any more! yay~
100 Draenei Paladin
Well after my rather spectacular mount luck tonight I had no loot luck, three coins gone and nothing but gold and some useless gloves off Primordious.

Got two runetones though, only need three more. The odds of me getting three next week, or even more then one, are pretty slim though I imagine.

I'm also valor capped, so I guess I need to pick something to upgrade out of my remaining gear.

/sigh

My favorite is when the safe spot is almost underneath the boss where you can't see it anyway. Fun stuff, Durumu.

Hate that, hate it so much.

07/07/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Martana
We killed Durumu

Wooo many grats!
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/7/2013 10:31 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Oh man lucky week for me, I got 2 runestones! Thats double what I normally get!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got four one week, but it's been pretty much one at a time since then.
100 Draenei Paladin
I'll be sitting on 7 mogu coins and almost fully upgraded this Tuesday. I seriously need to raid with my guild again T_T
93 Dwarf Paladin
Oh man lucky week for me, I got 2 runestones! Thats double what I normally get!

That for two weeks is how I finally got my cape.

killed Durumu

Grats. Durumu, I think, is probably one of my favorite fights, now, after doing it on reg; LFR makes that fight seem so much harder than it really is.
100 Human Paladin
That for two weeks is how I finally got my cape.

Well 6 weeks for me at worst left.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Grats. Durumu, I think, is probably one of my favorite fights, now, after doing it on reg; LFR makes that fight seem so much harder than it really is.

I died on Durumu in LFR this week (/shame). I do like that fight on normal though :D I somehow got 4/12 of my runestones this week. I full expect it to take 8 more weeks to get my cloak >.>

Grats, Martana and Cadenbrie!
Edited by Weeblzwobble on 7/8/2013 8:31 AM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
One of our guidlies was coming back to the game.

I was 3/12 for Runestones, he was 0/20 for Secrets

He passed me.

Although I passed him a few weeks ago, had a lucky week where I got 4 or 5.

The Lei Shen change helped a LOT.

Durumu and Lei Shen this tier, whether you're doing normal or heroic, are amazing fights.
They just stood out.
All of ToT is pretty good though, but I still can't stand Primordius

LFR makes everything that has an ounce of organization hard though. Hardest part about Durumu is getting the players with the beam to move or not be AFK.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Well, plenty of time before 5.4 goes live, so no worries, really. I'm glad to not be playing catch up between patches this time, like I did between T14 and T15 with that stupid PvP crap.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]