Open Libram LXXXV: They Threw the Book at Us!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
So one healer on vacation, a major power outage in the city where one of our other ones lives.. and our main tank and one dps are MIA, presumed to have been playing LoL all week... means half the raid remains unfinished.
100 Draenei Paladin
07/08/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/54_PTR_Now_Live-7_8_2013#Paladin

So, Prot nerfs; Battle Healer will now heal injured party members but not the Paladin, and Grand Crusader now triggers solely from avoidance. I giggle while crying.

Huh, so they turned Battle Healer into useless garbage and threw yet another nerf gearing towards active mitigation for prot. Bleh.
90 Draenei Paladin
1st night of heroic progression on Lei Shen, barely getting through p1 and decimated by transitions. I really wish we had a brewmaster and some more warlocks, would make the fight a hell of a lot easier. We're getting anywhere from 7-13 stacks every time we change pillars, which really adds up by the 4th one.
100 Draenei Paladin
means half the raid remains unfinished.

:/

Ouch.

We may be missing up too three people this coming raid week, don't think we can replace all of them. So maybe no raiding at all.

Edit:

Everyone from Kel'Thuzad is a jerk of the highest order.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/8/2013 9:19 PM PDT
So this happened just now:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad344/Meteoric_photos/realmfirst_zpsab86957c.jpg

Yes, that is the realm first achievement for heroic Shek'zeer. Wyrmrest Accord is weird.

Weirder still: the Sha of Fear realm first popped up like a month ago... still well into t15, but before Shek'zeer apparently.
100 Human Paladin
I'm not entirely sure anyone on my server has cleared Lei Shen normal yet, at least not alliance side. I mean, it could have happened but I've not heard about it. ;p
90 Draenei Death Knight
Requiring 480 item level for LFR ToT and H Scenarios is silly.

Weirder still: the Sha of Fear realm first popped up like a month ago... still well into t15, but before Shek'zeer apparently.

I dunno. I haven't done either on Heroic but Shek was harder on Normal then Sha of Fear was so maybe that's why.

Sha of Fear was just gruelingly long and boring, worst fight of the expansion so far IMO.

I'm not entirely sure anyone on my server has cleared Lei Shen normal yet, at least not alliance side. I mean, it could have happened but I've not heard about it. ;p

My guild is still the only Alliance guild to have cleared Throne on my server, come on Virtual Realms please. XD
Edited by Shandrie on 7/8/2013 11:21 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Hey Lobs your femtauren monk is adorable
90 Blood Elf Paladin
By the Light, the Watamote! anime is pretty much everything I was hoping for. This is gonna be a good season, provided you like funny, off-kilter stuff.
100 Human Paladin
Don't forget the possible significance of removing the mana return on SoI for non-holy paladins. People are already mathing out how prot will be able to go oom now just from using their normal attacks. Which contradicts Blizzard's stance that mana should only matter if you are doing something silly like standing around casting heals (all two of them that you can cast before going oom lol).

I don't really mind the Grand Crusader change that much. Yes it will reduce the amount of Holy Power we generate, but I don't think it's going to be significant. Any fight with lots of adds will be ridiculous now for prot paladins.

The battle healer change, while not something I like, I can live without. Currently most useful healing a prot paladin does comes from Sacred Shield and Seal of Insight. Battle healer mostly ends up being overhealing and hitting people that really don't need it (the exception are fights with strong aoe damage phases and such).

The mana return nerf on SoI looks like it will need to be compensated somewhere, unless their notes should actually say that it's only removed for holy.
Edited by Bravehearth on 7/9/2013 3:45 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
The forums, they live!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget the possible significance of removing the mana return on SoI for non-holy paladins. People are already mathing out how prot will be able to go oom now just from using their normal attacks. Which contradicts Blizzard's stance that mana should only matter if you are doing something silly like standing around casting heals (all two of them that you can cast before going oom lol).

I don't really mind the Grand Crusader change that much. Yes it will reduce the amount of Holy Power we generate, but I don't think it's going to be significant. Any fight with lots of adds will be ridiculous now for prot paladins.

The battle healer change, while not something I like, I can live without. Currently most useful healing a prot paladin does comes from Sacred Shield and Seal of Insight. Battle healer mostly ends up being overhealing and hitting people that really don't need it (the exception are fights with strong aoe damage phases and such).

The mana return nerf on SoI looks like it will need to be compensated somewhere, unless their notes should actually say that it's only removed for holy.

Maybe haste will increase our mana regen!
93 Dwarf Paladin

Is Prot really that hard up for mana? I mean, Cons is nowhere near as expensive as it used to be, 6%/2s...What the hells is causing you to leak mana like a sieve?
100 Human Paladin
So much chicken little in general over the lesser charm/xp boost.
100 Draenei Paladin
You won't be saying that in a year or two when you can buy Tier 19 for fifty bucks. Lesser Charms are not cosmetic and it's not convenience, that is buying in game power for money.

Just like buying game currency to make in game purchases in other F2P games, except WoW is not F2P.

Since Vivendi is threatening to put Activision-Blizzard 400 Million dollars into debt and has the power to force that as of today maybe that's why they're trying to nickle and dime everything.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/9/2013 1:47 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/09/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Lesser Charms are not cosmetic and it's not convenience

Elder Charms would by buying power, Lesser Charms is convenience, since you're still capped to getting three Elders a week from the quest.

On another note, I'm hella late to the party but finally have 4t15. How does it affect the rotation? Is it only worth switching to HotR at 3 targets now? Is a buffed TV better than DS even on two?
100 Draenei Paladin
Lesser Charms is convenience

It's power.

It's a tangible item that can affect character power that can be bought with cash.

Nearly every F2P item in actual free to play games can be earned in game at a slower rate, doesn't make it any different.

Blizzard isn't going to stop with just Lesser Charms and XP Potions if they see it will make them money and their customers will let them get away with it.
100 Human Paladin
It's power.

It's a tangible item that can affect character power that can be bought with cash.

Its convenience, Charms dont guarantee loot lesser or otherwise.

You're paying for more RNG at the most, thats not power, thats more frustration

Since Vivendi is threatening to put Activision-Blizzard 400 Million dollars into debt and has the power to force that as of today maybe that's why they're trying to nickle and dime everything.

I heard about that in another thread, is there actually any legitimate news source thats reporting this? All the reports are from sites I've never heard of

You sound like general.
Edited by Chaz on 7/9/2013 2:07 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
It's power.

What would you call it if you could pay a dollar for a bonus coin roll mid raid? Power.

Besides all the other obvious things this can lead too lesser charms becoming purchasable ensures that they will be a permanent fixture of the game and that Blizzard will never in anyway lessen the time it takes to gather them in game. On the contrary we'll probably see some of the ease of getting them now disappear.

It is not saying the sky is falling, it's watching what Blizzard is doing and comparing it to what other companies have done in the past.

People are right to be against this.

07/09/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Chaz
is there actually any legitimate news source thats reporting this?

I don't know what you call legitimate. I've read about it on several gaming news websites that I've trusted for years.

If you want something from CNN I can't help you.

You sound like general.

Then put me on ignore Chaz, you're the one that brought it up.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/9/2013 2:12 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]