Open Libram LXXXV: They Threw the Book at Us!

100 Draenei Paladin
XP Boost I don't mind. Lesser charms .. while I can see it as convenience it's getting too close to crossing that very fine line that must not be crossed for me to continue playing.

Also, as they've said .. this is most likely going to be tested in the Asian regions where they have very different pay models - and just like the 2 lockouts per week for raids it may not even make it to other regions. If I was paying by the hour I'd have vastly different opinions on lesser charms too. I don't have to farm the charms but as Elidra said, I'm still gated at 3 elder/mogu runes/ogrimmar suckerfish a week.
100 Human Paladin
t's power.

What would you call it if you could pay a dollar for a bonus coin roll mid raid? Power.

Power implies a guarantee, an obvious increase over someone else, RNG is not that. Its more chance, you're paying for more chance, which isnt power in the slightest

Lesser charms are so easy to get I dont see how lazy you have to be to actually want to pay real money for them, and you can still only turn in 50 a week

The only place this actually works is in Asia, where they have limited play time.

Then put me on ignore Chaz, you're the one that brought it up.

Some days, it is tempting, but I like you

If it does progress pass the 'convenience point' (which would be infinitely stupid to do) then I would agree with you
Edited by Chaz on 7/9/2013 2:16 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's power.

What would you call it if you could pay a dollar for a bonus coin roll mid raid? Power.

It's convenience. All it does is save you having to farm them. You can still only buy 3 Mogu Runes a week regardless of how many lesser charms you have.

If you could buy Mogu Runes, that'd be power.

Edit: also someone answer my questions about the set bonus.
Edited by Elidra on 7/9/2013 2:23 PM PDT
93 Dwarf Paladin
I'm with Caden on this thing about Lesser Charms for the same basic reason I'm against the Inq change - the Slippery Slope Principal. Sure, it's a nice circumvention of dailies for those that despise them...But it's also quite likely to take people out of the world, too - a situation Blizzard has been trying to correct for years. It sets a bad precedent leading to things that quite likely will ruin the game.

EDIT:
Edit: also someone answer my questions about the set bonus.

HotR/DS get pushed to three targets if you really want to min/max; only really becomes a concern (rarely) on Council and during Dusk Phase on Twins - Horridon, you just want to ST, anyway.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 7/9/2013 2:30 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
07/09/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
I'm with Caden on this thing about Lesser Charms for the same basic reason I'm against the Inq change - the Slippery Slope Principal.

Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't like this thing about Lesser Charms, I was just being technical about what exactly it is.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard isn't going to kill their own product. They aren't as stupid as other companies seem to be sometimes. If it gets horribly received, they'll keep it restricted to the Asian market. They've proven several times that they listen to the community, and I'm not pessimistic enough to think that Blizzard would start selling items that are blatantly pay to win.

Then again, maybe they want to release Titan.

http://www.dramabutton.com/
100 Human Paladin
Well considering they pretty much reset development on Titan, I dont think any announcements about it will be comming soon, even at Blizzcon this year
93 Dwarf Paladin
Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy though.

Doesn't mean it won't - or can't - happen. We're not Vulcans, after all; humans are probably the most illogical beings in creation.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm, maybe I'm blind, retarded, or both, but I can't see any indication of when this proc is active. Is it impossible to know if your next TV is gonna be awesome?
93 Dwarf Paladin
There's a buff that uses the same icon as GoTV, just without a duration attached to it. I had to get a brand new addon to track the stupid thing.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It uses the same icon as TV, which means it uses the same icon as the glyph of TV.

I made a big button pop up for me.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/09/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
the same icon as GoTV

'Cause that's not stupid or anything.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's totally raisinable.
93 Dwarf Paladin
'Cause that's not stupid or anything.

What'd you expect, something Stephen Hawking-caliber? This is Blizzard for Dobbs' sake.
100 Orc Death Knight
Does it really matter what they do in Asia? They don't have subscription fees over there and I can't blame nor do I care how Blizzard goes about getting money out of their Asian players. Perks and items to some extent in a world without subscriptions is perfectly fine in my eyes.

I don't really view it as a slippery slope more than any other change they've implemented to the Asian servers that haven't made it live here. They have in the past had infinite lockouts, increased iLvL and all sorts of different things. All of these things have zero effect on the EU/US servers.

XP boost is fine and while I would like down on those who purchase lesser charms, I really don't think it's crossing a line given the time it takes to get 50 of them a week. Buying 50 lesser charms for real money really isn't giving you a power boost for multiple reasons. First charms aren't guaranteed loot (far from it) and second you actually have to kill things to use them. You have the same opportunities as anybody else.

It would be crossing the line IMO if they allowed them to keep buying 50 lesser charms over and over for the 3 mogu cash in with money. That in turn would offer a serious advantage. But given that 50 lesser charms takes anywhere from 5-30 minutes to farm and the random nature of what they do.. can't really classify it as power.

Was the titan reset thing true? I heard about it on MMO in a small paragraph like a month back expecting Blizzard to give an official release in the following days to no avail. Which leads me to believe it might not be true and/or they purposely leaked wrong info so they can surprise people.
100 Human Paladin
Was the titan reset thing true? I heard about it on MMO in a small paragraph like a month back expecting Blizzard to give an official release in the following days to no avail. Which leads me to believe it might not be true and/or they purposely leaked wrong info so they can surprise people.

Yes actually, I believe there was a Blizzard post on it.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=213612/blizzard-on-titan-official-statement

I agree though, double lockouts never made its way over here. Dont see why these will too if they dont fit with the "Western" Design
93 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, the coin thing is Asia-only? Then meh. I'll rattle my saber a bit harder if it makes it to the more domestic realms.
100 Human Paladin
They always do these things in Asia first, and they usually never make it over here
100 Draenei Paladin
07/09/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Gròmmash
Does it really matter what they do in Asia?

07/08/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Bashiok
First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback:

That quote makes it sound like it's not staying in Asia.

As for the rest of your post I've already made my arguments.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]