Open Libram LXXXV: They Threw the Book at Us!

100 Human Paladin
Grats 2 U
93 Dwarf Paladin
07/01/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Holymez
thanks for linking that stuff Grog

Stuff's at the front of every Libram; I did nothing special. o_O
100 Draenei Paladin
edit - There. Now everyone is safe from the terrible mer-nipples

Awwww, I missed it. :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Initial impression of Inu to Hasami: might be cool, but hoping an actual sub group picks it up.
100 Draenei Paladin
Sigh... the power of one troll

Trolls only have the power people give them.

(me attempting to draw templar's verdict a while ago)
http://i.imgur.com/5gJmHtT.jpg

(some portrait art for forum posters about 8 months ago)
http://i.imgur.com/Do59UsK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dMxsBfN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B75bEsm.jpg

I haff updated my tumblr. BEHOLD

Cool stuff guys.
100 Human Paladin
07/01/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Muletia
edit - There. Now everyone is safe from the terrible mer-nipples

Awwww, I missed it. :(

nah, you just have to scroll through the pictures. it's just not the first one now. ;p
90 Tauren Paladin
Looks like Retribution is going to be my offspec next tier.

Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it was my decision.

I like Ret a LOT, but finding a tank who can play an off-spec seems to be a problem these days and something that hurt us this tier.

Pretty much using my Ret gear though at this point, so I should probably at least get my 2 set before SoO =p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sad to hear, hope you enjoy tanking at least.

Personally I refuse to do it, too many tanks with superiority complexes have kind of turned me off of it, just don't even want to be associated with them. It's stupid but that thought goes through my head whenever I try speccing prot.
100 Draenei Paladin
I tanked for 5 years. I stopped at the start of MoP.
80 Draenei Paladin
Stay strong, palabros! Hiding on paladin alt as to not disrupt the pink flow of the thread.

Those drawings are wonderful by the way.
100 Human Paladin
Stay strong, palabros! Hiding on paladin alt as to not disrupt the pink flow of the thread.

Those drawings are wonderful by the way.

Thanks!~
90 Human Paladin

They said it was because it took too many resources for something that wasn't for the entire player base.

Yeah, cause people don't roll more then one class right?

Yet since they removed them we keep getting these special ones popping up, guess those aren't a waste like our past ones were for whatever reason.......

Blizzard, consistency, I swear.

I prefer to think of the new stuff like the rogue daggers and warlock felfire as a sort of "testbed" for bringing back class-quests in a bigger and more elaborate fashion, unlike the old ones which were basically "go here, gather some crap, and get an item you'll forget about in a couple levels".
100 Human Paladin
Mah thread ;.;
100 Draenei Paladin
It's stupid but that thought goes through my head whenever I try speccing prot.

Meh that's just letting the bad Tanks win. :P

I've been Tanking since I started playing, I enjoy it very much. Don't let the stereotypes associated with the role keep you from trying it if you really want too.

I tanked for 5 years. I stopped at the start of MoP.

Becauase Ret Spec is best spec!

07/01/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Cadenza
Stay strong, palabros!

Nothing stronger.

I prefer to think of the new stuff like the rogue daggers and warlock felfire as a sort of "testbed" for bringing back class-quests in a bigger and more elaborate fashion

That would be lovely, sadly I don't hold much faith in Blizz these days. Heh.

unlike the old ones which were basically "go here, gather some crap, and get an item you'll forget about in a couple levels".

Charger quest wasn't like that and I still have my Lightforged Blade and Holy Might Stone.

Now granted they weren't nearly as nice and elaborate as some of the newer, "special" ones we've gotten but they were still worth having.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/1/2013 8:39 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
It showed the tower, but never foreshadowed it was a cannon. More a Chekhov's Gun than real foreshadowing.

I was thinking more of the stupidly intricate key. The significance makes sense, even if it came completely out of left field.

His whole life, for however many thousands of hours, he's been hellbent on eliminating the Hideauze and upholding the Alliance's spartan ideals. He should have been okay with what Striker was doing with that fleet, and joined in. Instead, Amy flashes him some skin, he grows a heart and rebels against his Alliance indoctrination and his direct superior officer. Even just a couple episodes earlier, he left Gargantia because he wanted to puree more whalesquids for the glory and defense of humanity.

Ledo's 180 is more of an asspull than the cannon.

Huh? Sorry, your characterization of him seems completely off. He's thrust into a strange environment, and decides to adapt to it. He chooses to learn from the people he's with because, initially, that's what he sees as the most pragmatic way to survive. From that, he's forced to start redefining himself.

He went whale-squid hunting because that's what he knew best and felt was protecting humanity. Especially Gargantia, which was clearly becoming his surrogate family. Moving away from the fleet to continue his hunt and protecting excavation efforts was a moral compromise for him. Clearly not something he wanted to do, but still felt was his duty.

Without being forced into choosing between Gargantia and his superior officer, he would have certainly kept under Kugel's command.

One thing that's hard to draw a distinction between how close or far Kugel's vision of Avalon on Earth mirror's the original. The only glimpse of the Galactic Alliance is one battle, and Ledo's initial character traits. It's hard to say how far or close either Ledo or Kugel strayed/stuck to Alliance doctrine, considering the only characteristic shown from it is one of pure pragmatism.

It was a feel-good ending with several asspulls that didn't really fit the theme of the show, the tone of the world, or common sense, let alone the fact it didn't resolve anything and neglected several interesting potential narrative tangents.

I think you're absolutely wrong. It fit the theme of the show quite well. Coexistence, and Ledo's journey to reconcile what's he's been taught all his life with how things are on Earth.
Edited by Snozberries on 7/1/2013 8:43 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It fit the theme of the show quite well. Coexistence, and Ledo's journey to reconcile what's he's been taught all his life with how things are on Earth.

Up until the end, it felt to me more like it was about how coexistence was impossible. In space, even two different factions of humans couldn't get along and had been warring for thousands of years. The first thing that happens when Ledo gets to Gargantia is the pirate attack, again by humans. Eventually, Ledo is forced to leave Gargantia because his whalesquid-killing mandate isn't compatible with Gargantia's society.

Right up until he suddenly decides Amy is more important than everything he's been doing with his life to that point, it was about how symbiosis and coexistence aren't feasible.
90 Human Paladin
Who needs fancy Lobster art?

http://imgur.com/k7jipko

I got drawn by the Doodlegnome.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Doodlegnome.

...Who? o_O
100 Draenei Paladin
07/01/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Doodlegnome.

...Who? o_O

Epic Gnome that gained fame in the Ghostcrawler/Zarhym had a baby thread.

http://paululum.imgur.com/all/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]