Celestials Blessing: Challenge of Xuen...

90 Pandaren Monk
Pick up Celestial Offering from the August Celestials to gain a 10% buff to one of your stats (Depending on temple and challenge). It should help, though I still haven't completed the challenge yet.

Dude, that thing is virtually useless. It's a 10% buff to your BASE stats.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Other fansites as well as youtube have said otherwise...Learn to research before you say things.

So? Plenty of people have completed the quest. Others have told you perfectly viable ways of defeating it.

But if you can't beat the fight, I honestly don't see why you deserve the cloak.

Rank 8 Brawler, thank you very much

That might have meant something 40 ilvls ago.

I know how 2 play, plus you're a ranged dps who can attack the adds from afar.

I'd like to say I'd be able to beat it because I'm not terrible at the game.

Over exxagerating, I stopped my Brawler's Guild progression because I couldn't waste money on repair bills while having to save up for Vial of the Sands which I don't complain about. You are a fool, and nothing more. Barely anybody has given me anything helpful. Just abunch of hateful "I'm better than you" BS that makes me understand why people hate WoW players so much.
Edited by Grazzbek on 7/2/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yep, I called it. He finally admitted he does RP... has time for that, but can't farm a little gold or find an enchanter since his lame guild can't help him.

HA! dunno why you start every post with that crud, but exactly why again do you think any of us care about your "problems"? It's not like you even need the enchants to get something done, but since you are too slow to realize it without us having to spell it out for you, it's little things like that which are indicators of a person's defects.

You, son.. have a LOT of defects. And personality trait issues.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
One of my problems is that Wrathion's semicircle attack is bugged, and can hit you even if you're not standing in it.

I made a post in the bug forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377368298

I also took a screenshot: http://imgur.com/h1djzfM

It isn't a problem because it IS predictable.
It hits in a 270 degree Arc around him instead of the 180 degrees the particle effect shows.
Now weather it is supposed to be 180 degrees, or the particle effect is bugged and is infact supposed to show 270, I dunno, but once you know this it is quite easy to maneuver.

Stand behind him in the 90 degree space you have free behind him, as close to the particle effect as you can be. :D

As for strategy, I dunno... The adds where definitely a problem.
After about 20 attempts I flew my hands in the air and just respec'd into straight burst damage and used bladestorm on the adds.
Had him dead before the second lot even spawned.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Pick up Celestial Offering from the August Celestials to gain a 10% buff to one of your stats (Depending on temple and challenge). It should help, though I still haven't completed the challenge yet.

Didn't they fix that?

07/02/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Grazzbek

So? Plenty of people have completed the quest. Others have told you perfectly viable ways of defeating it.

But if you can't beat the fight, I honestly don't see why you deserve the cloak.

That might have meant something 40 ilvls ago.

I'd like to say I'd be able to beat it because I'm not terrible at the game.

Over exxagerating, I stopped my progression because I couldn't waste money on repair bills while having to save up for Vial of the Sands which I don't complain about. You are a fool, and nothing more. Barely anybody has given me anything helpful. Just abunch of hateful "I'm better than you" BS that makes me understand why people hate WoW players so much.

Well, Blizzard's official stance on this is that the legendary questline is optional; you don't need to complete it, and they'll probably nerf it next patch as per their usual operating quo.The melee quest was one of the hardest quests I've ever had to do as a DPS, and from what it seems, you haven't gotten to the part where you realize some of the adds are immortal (I was like really!).
Reply Quote
All the challenges are doable. Some might be more difficult than others but all can be beaten without ridiculous gear restrictions.

Check for strats OP and if you can't find any good ones, start utilizing your knowledge of your class and figure out a way through.

More gear will give a wider room for error but with the right amount of skill and strategy you can do it with your current ilvl.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Yep, I called it. He finally admitted he does RP... has time for that, but can't farm a little gold or find an enchanter since his lame guild can't help him.

HA! dunno why you start every post with that crud, but exactly why again do you think any of us care about your "problems"? It's not like you even need the enchants to get something done, but since you are too slow to realize it without us having to spell it out for you, it's little things like that which are indicators of a person's defects.

You, son.. have a LOT of defects. And personality trait issues.

Ermagerd, you caught me, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I can't understand when people are being sarcastic IRL, and I take things half-literally.

I admittedly barely RP because I spend so much of my time working on improving my character. You agreed that I was just some LFR running casual (I actually only run LFR for the valor, and attempt at getting the pets now, whoop de freaking doo) because I was missing a 4k bracer enchant. I explained to you the reason why I have yet to get that enchant, and nor do I want to be rude and demand my guild leader for the enchant when she is giving me it for free in the first place. It's called appreciation and manners. Your incompetence is remarkable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Get more gear, skill, or read a guide.

They fixed that in 5.2 iirc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
OP quit crying.

I was 2 ilvl higher then you. I had to kite those stupid adds around using my 2 ranged attacks.

Dealt with the same crap you did. The cleave, the adds, EVERYTHING.

Grow a pair and either change things to get better cleave and down the adds before they kill you or do something else.

Also downing Jin'rohk does not make you a raider.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Just do Chi-ji's challenge for healers imo.. its super easy. keep yourself and wrathion alive. All of your effective healing gives you a damage buff that does damage to the boss when you hit it.. I was getting 3-4million damage stacks so it died fairly quick.

It doesn't matter which challenge you do, you get to choose your reward.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Only took me four tries, trying a different tactic for each.

My successful attempt involved using crippling poison + fan of knives to keep adds down and slow enough to kite. Single targeting the adds is a bad idea as they will end cycle-reviving and you'll be under constant attack.

Wrathion himself can be stunned in any way you have and I believe adds can too, so you need to use control abilities to keep from being overwhelmed.
Edited by Vintorez on 7/3/2013 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
..whoop de freaking doo) because I was missing a 4k bracer enchant.... Your incompetence is remarkable.

So I am incompetent... because... we all find it laughable you spend post after post complaining, ignoring the great advice people have given you, and coming up with excuse after excuse why you cannot do this or that.

It should be very sad and embarrassing, that you constantly need things explained to you. Very simple things. The point about the bracer enchant, that you STILL can't understand, is that the Mastery enchant is just fine for your class. OH YEA. I've played Druid since 2006, and have played every spec extensively, Feral the entire time. Mastery enchant costs just about nothing and would be perfect to use in the interim, and what it shows is how defective your thought processes are... that you cannot realize simple things for yourself, and need them pointed out to you by others.

This is just an symptom of the underlying problem. I woulda guessed Aszburgers or some other some excuse, but perhaps you were just kidding about that. But whatever your issue is, you should try and stop for a few, and re-think just how "serious" something is, BEFORE you decide to make a post.

P.S. Just to reiterate, since I already know you will once ignore anything beneficial.... there are many MANY tips presented among the replies to your OP, and instead of continuing to whine about this you could be trying them out and getting the quest done. Assuming of course you really do even care about it, and aren't just crying wolf for attention.
Edited by Knarl on 7/3/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

HA! You are more wannabe superior than I thought, the bracer enchants sell for 4k on the AH and the guild leader simply won't get on her enchanting char, and when she is on it, it's before a raid, why would I try a tank or healing challenge when I am geared for neither? It's also not a legendary cloak, but an epic cloak that is a high item level. Nor did I say I couldn't afford the talent removal !@#$, I said I couldn't afford to spend money on the enchant. Hell, even the guys making the few guides out said that the melee dps challenge has been a humongous challenge that got them frustrated. ALSO, ERP is centered in goldshire which I cannot step foot in without getting swarmed by guards, plus I RP a forest troll and thus can't step foot in Silvermoon where any Horde raunchy stuff may exist.

Moon Guard (H) here. You're full of BS.

Bracer enchants have never been 4k on MG. They were hovering around 1.8 in the earliest days of MoP, spent most of 5.1/5.2 at 1.3, and have recently dipped below 1k. They're no longer worth the Sha Crystals they're made out of. Most enchanters feel the same way, and we're sitting on stacks and stacks of Sha Crystals.

If you want to be taken seriously, not lying would go a long way. I know this because I'm trying to move some of those Bracer Enchants (Agi and Int), and I'm listing them for around 1k.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I ma coming upon this soon and have question or two.
Do we get to pick which one we do? or is it all 3?
and what would be easiest for a mage?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

HA! You are more wannabe superior than I thought, the bracer enchants sell for 4k on the AH and the guild leader simply won't get on her enchanting char, and when she is on it, it's before a raid, why would I try a tank or healing challenge when I am geared for neither? It's also not a legendary cloak, but an epic cloak that is a high item level. Nor did I say I couldn't afford the talent removal !@#$, I said I couldn't afford to spend money on the enchant. Hell, even the guys making the few guides out said that the melee dps challenge has been a humongous challenge that got them frustrated. ALSO, ERP is centered in goldshire which I cannot step foot in without getting swarmed by guards, plus I RP a forest troll and thus can't step foot in Silvermoon where any Horde raunchy stuff may exist.

Moon Guard (H) here. You're full of BS.

Bracer enchants have never been 4k on MG. They were hovering around 1.8 in the earliest days of MoP, spent most of 5.1/5.2 at 1.3, and have recently dipped below 1k. They're no longer worth the Sha Crystals they're made out of. Most enchanters feel the same way, and we're sitting on stacks and stacks of Sha Crystals.

If you want to be taken seriously, not lying would go a long way. I know this because I'm trying to move some of those Bracer Enchants (Agi and Int), and I'm listing them for around 1k.

I've been seeing them up for 4-5k...

I'm not even going to bother with Knarl, he clear misunderstands why I reply to the posts (I like proving people wrong)
Edited by Grazzbek on 7/3/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

I've been seeing them up for 4-5k...

I double checked the AH to verify before posting. They're maxing out at 1.2k. Try harder.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Also downing Jin'rohk does not make you a raider.

Hmmm, my guild is stuck on Horridon, but we raid weekly, I'm a raider

Edit@Annoroth: ...I'm not going to even bother, I'm done with this thread.
Edited by Grazzbek on 7/3/2013 6:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Look people, it's not meant to be faceroll. Would it kill you to put in some effort and skill into getting an item that will not only remain BiS for the rest of the expansion as is, but will also be upgraded into an even more powerful version next patch?

That being said, these scenarios are really not that hard. As we know, there are tons of bad players in this game, and I've seen many of those bad players proudly wearing these cloaks.

If you're having difficulty with it, look it up and see what you can do differently to improve. If you can't find anything, how about using your brain for a change? You know, actually thinking? Maybe the conventional strat won't work for you, maybe you'll have to make use of talents/glyphs/abilities that you don't normally use.

And of course, if all else fails just get more gear until you can compensate.

I ma coming upon this soon and have question or two.
Do we get to pick which one we do? or is it all 3?
and what would be easiest for a mage?

You have to visit all 4 Celestials, but you can only do the challenge that is appropriate for your role. Since you're a Mage, you'll have to do the Yu'lon challenge (Ranged DPS).
Edited by Mintak on 7/3/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Why don't you just say "nerf this questline" because that's basically all you've complained about.

Everyone's reply is going to be "it is doable, it's not impossible", and also "it's for a legendary, what are you expecting?"

Why is this still an ongoing thread?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm having a lot of issues with as well, especially with the adds. I've been reading everyone's proposed strategies, even swapping specs to tank and trying the other challenge, which is similarly hard for me. I guess in my case the problem is gear (511 ret, 484 prot), to which the obvious solution is to "get better gear", which makes me kinda unhappy, because I feel like I've done pretty ok gear-wise for someone who only runs LFR. Makes me wonder why this quest line is even available in LFR, if that level of gearing is a little less than sufficient to complete certain steps.
Edited by Fonzette on 7/3/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]